The New Scarab now we need Crockett Back

alleycat

Boating, just like car enthusiasts, have changed dramatically over the years.Yes...Scarab was a name to be reckoned with and they built excellent hulls, but sadly that boat shown in the picture is just another "Runabout" that is popular with the "wakeboarders" and dudes with extremely oversized shorts and blonde hair. The new style of boats now all come with chrome roll bars with snap-type holders for the wake boards and to hold speakers for excessively loud rap music. One thing I notice with these open bow concept boats is that people who use them think that if it has a seat you can put a body in it, and therefore there is always twelve people sitting in a boat built for five!I dream of the day that boat manufacturers will bring back boat building like the style of my Stinger or the Scarab KV. There are many manufacturers out there that are making boats like this but they are not within the reach of many average persons monetarily! I cannot afford a Sunseaker or a Nor-tec and can't even think of buying a Sonic or s Sunsation or even a Cigarette, as they are all out of my price range. Maybe I'm getting finicky but I just don't like bow-riders!I am also disappointed at car companies as I got into it with a representative from Lincoln at the international car show. I asked why they do NOT make a two door sports coupe as I would buy one in a heartbeat! He said there is no market for it???????????????The only sport coupe out today worthy of driving possibly would be an Austin Martin or a BMW or that (POS) Cadillac (which I wouldn't own if you gave it to me for free)I think the car companies as well as the boat builders do not have a pulse on what the consumer wants? I could go on and on about boat hull design but I don't want to bore anyone here. The new stepped hull works wonders with a long hull but these little wave crashers for waterskiing just aren't the same.................................(sorry for ragging on this thread but I needed to vent)

I wonder what Wellcraft has to say about this? Maybe I missed it but it looks like a new boat company? I did hear that some of the Larry Smith molds were sold and will be in production soon.I wouldn't trade my 38KV Vice Scarab for anything!

Boating' date=' just like car enthusiasts, have changed dramatically over the years.Yes...Scarab was a name to be reckoned with and they built excellent hulls, but sadly that boat shown in the picture is just another "Runabout" that is popular with the "wakeboarders" and dudes with extremely oversized shorts and blonde hair. [/quote']That boat DID look kind of small compared to the Stinger or Scarabs from Vice days. Maybe a little larger than the boat you had shown in here in the past, what was it...the Scorpion or something like that?

Well the trend I have seen in the last ten years at the boat show is that offshore is not even a part of the show anymore! All you see now are these little wave crashers with open bows from every company conceivable. It's either one of these little boats about 16-22 feet or its a Yacht you can live on and nothing in between?I suppose with the market not making models like mine makes the price stay high. I raft up with many friends in the summer with similar boats like mine and there is a demand for this niche! The boat companies are just not making them so older boats are keeping their value as the demand is high.(or maybe it's just the group of people I hang with???)

well Leo here did say that supposedly sports cars and coupes only make up 5% of there actual production:maybe that is why they didnt want to do a lincon car like that.

well Leo here did say that supposedly sports cars and coupes only make up 5% of there actual production:maybe that is why they didnt want to do a lincon car like that.

You don't like the new mustang? its not half bad.I like 67 shelby fastback which is my favorite,

I like the mustang although the back end of the new ones, well last gen ones I guess now seemed a little bunched, its probaby the tail lights looking a touch oversized is what caused ithttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:First_2011_Mustang_I%27ve_seen_in_the_UK_-_Flickr_-_Supermac1961.jpgand ford seems to have bad luck with tail lights, as I have no idea why they thought to put 1950's Ford Galaxy 500 rocketship tail lights on the ford gt with a standard ford F150 badge on the nosehttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ford_GT_%282%29.jpghttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2006_07_15_W%C3%B6rth_0007_%288584704619%29_%282%29.jpgand maybe switch the rims over to knock offs to match the original, along with flaring it a little

but that new one above isnt bad with the mustang but it might be the shock of the new saying this but something about the nose seems off, although its about time they put an independent rear suspension on it as standard now that the car is reaching upwards of 300 HP from Ford themselves along with Shelby and Roushand it makes me wonder what the old man would have said about this change, would he have fought it like enzo did with disc brakes or embraced it.but its only 5% of the production of ford apparently, and remember ford is doing a global initiative with the mustang and its going global now, even going so far as to replace the falcon in Australia, a car most noted for this remember?
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-interceptor/index.htmlhttp://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-interceptor/australian-xb-coupe-and-american-car-comparison/index.htmland we've got a 4th movie coming out with it as the star again, this time with a metal, not fiberglass nose.so there probably going to play it out to see how it goes, as I doubt the auzzies are just gonna except it as a replacement for the memories of that.