Patrick McGoohan Died

sredd

Gutted! I used to be a big fan of "The Prisoner". From what i've read, he fell into acting purely by accident. After a series of menial jobs, he got a job as the stage manager at the Sheffield Repertory theatre, England, which used to be literally on the opposite side of the street to where my apartment now stands. One night one of the actors was sick and MacGoohan had to fill in at the last minute. The rest is history!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_MacGoohan

Now that's just depressing. He's been in quite a few really good things. Yes The Prisoner was awesome. Totally a mind numbing show when your young!!The only good thing to come of this might be that it will bring the shows back to buy. When I was younger we got them on reel to reel but obviously that's not so hot these days...LOL

I have the DVD set of seventeen episode as well as the information disc. It's awesome. I loved the show when it aired and watched it in rerun all through the eighties too.I think it was one of the best series ever to be made and still holds true for drama and suspense. Its different now as there is no cold war, but the premise was so good.The show is a bit stale by todays standards, but in it's time it was real science fiction (kids today can't understand that without computer graphics and camera effects?)The show actually sparked your imagination and made you think...who was number one? Who ran the village?Not just mindless filler entertainment which most modern shows are today...........................................The show was genious for it's time.

ColumboYES I loved Patrick McGoohan in Columbo. What a perfect villian! But the Prisoner was the role I remembered him best. My brother and I loved that show. It was was such a weird, innovative series and he was terrific! You're right...kids today would never have appreciated the lack of computer generated effects in The Prisoner. Yet, we enjoyed the eerie story lines and characters. It was very entertaining. First, we lost Ricordo Montelban (spelling?) from Fantasy Island and Wrath of Khan and now, Patrick McGoohan. This was indeed a sad week.

Braveheart

He played an excellent bad guy in "Braveheart" as well. Pushed his own son off the top of a castle tower!

You're right! Very evil in that role!MJ