Anthony Yerkovich - Tubbs - Hill Street Blues Connection

CharlieGlide

I've been watching Hill Street Blues on Hulu over the last several weeks.  I'm on season two now.  Anthony Yerkovich was a writer on the show, and the episode which aired May 6, 1982, was co-written by Yerkovich.

In the episode, a couple of cops gets killed.  One of the cops?  Yep..."Tubbs."

Director of the episode?  Thomas Carter.

Pretty sure Yerkovich had the Tubbs name in mind from his days on Hill Street when 'our' Tubbs was created.  It would be a pretty remarkable coincidence if that was not the case.

Not to mention that in one of the episodes of HSB, Yerkovich also used the name "Sonny Crockett" for a criminal or something. 

Not to mention that in one of the episodes of HSB, Yerkovich also used the name "Sonny Crockett" for a criminal or something. 

What??!?!  Radical.  I wonder which season.  Hulu offers HSB up to the end of Season 3.  I'm going to have my eals pealed.  Merci for the head's up.

What??!?!  Radical.  I wonder which season.  Hulu offers HSB up to the end of Season 3.  I'm going to have my eals pealed.  Merci for the head's up.

The "fake" Sonny Crockett was a racist biker and was in several episodes near the end of season 3. Needless to say, he's nothing like the "real" Sonny we've all come to know and admire.

I love, love HSB, and couldn't be happier that we're getting a complete series set in March!

Edited by Lar

I've been watching Hill Street Blues on Hulu over the last several weeks.  I'm on season two now.  Anthony Yerkovich was a writer on the show, and the episode which aired May 6, 1982, was co-written by Yerkovich.

In the episode, a couple of cops gets killed.  One of the cops?  Yep..."Tubbs."

Director of the episode?  Thomas Carter.

Pretty sure Yerkovich had the Tubbs name in mind from his days on Hill Street when 'our' Tubbs was created.  It would be a pretty remarkable coincidence if that was not the case.

Thomas Carter did a fine job on the Pilot - it is quite typical of the Pilot director to just direct that one episode - but he did a fine job