The Passing of Oldiesgal

Ferrariman

• Administrators

From the Sun Sentinel: Rich, Candace J., 58, of Ft. Lauderdale, FL, passed away on May 20, 2008. Baird-Case Jordan-Fannin Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Ft. Lauderdale. Published in the Sun-Sentinel on 5/21/2008 No further information is available.

As I said on .org.:Oldies Gal is the first Miami Vice on-line friend who I know that passed away. May she be happy in Heaven. She was a nice person.I also thank Rick Bravo for first posting the notice on .org. and Ferrariman for the follow-up here!

Such sad news. I never even had any contact with her, that I can recall, and it still hits like a ton of bricks. This is the first time I've been a part of a forum community that has lost one of it's own.RIP, Oldiesgal.

She was a lovely lady. She had a contest on her 50's website and the prize was the dvd "Witness" starring Viggo Mortensen. She hinted that if I entered the contest, I might have a chance to win. I entered and won. She will be missed. She was a beautiful person.

I won one of her contests, and got the "All Time Top 100 Tv Themes" cd. We use to chat often. Her contact stopped and I never knew why. I hope she's at peace.

• Administrators

Oldiesgal updateNot being happy with the vague details of the obituary (which is why I didn't post it sooner) I managed to contact Candace's brother Mike. He sadly confirmed that it was indeed the Candace we all knew and loved. He told me that she passed quickly and painlessly last May in the company of family. Mike said she loved her online community (both 50's and Vice) and in accordance with her wishes he will continue to run the 50's website that she loved so much. To quote Mike: "I am maintaining the web site according to her wishes but I could never copy the wit, intelligence or level of involvement that she brought to everything she did."Amen to that!I passed along our condolances from the Vice communityhttp://www.fiftiesweb.com/

I'm really sorry to hear that. It's perhaps too late to say anything that could make a difference, but I wish that his family and closest friends carry on in the best way possible, which I believe is letting go her last moments and remembering who she was and how they felt when they were with her...

I remember Oldiesgal because I thought she had style and that's why I asked her advice on the red lipstick she was wearing in her picture. Even though our contact was limited, this news made me sad.RIP, Oldiesgal, you will always be remembered.

As I said on .org.:Oldies Gal is the first Miami Vice on-line friend who I know that passed away. May she be happy in Heaven. She was a nice person.

Rest in peace in the arms of God.

I also thank Rick Bravo for first posting the notice on .org...

What a guy...

• Administrators

Her Brother didn't give a cause and I wasn't going to pry. I was just happy he answered my e-mail.

That is such a shame. I remember oldiesgal being very prevalent on the forums when I first joined the MV community a few years ago. :'(The best of wishes to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.