Grissom leaves CSI

agent 47

Did anybody watch CSI Thursday?I watched it,I'm not really a big fan but I watched this one,Gil Grissom left CSI...for good!He's been replaced by Laurence Fishburne(The Matrix).What do y'all think?

I can't believe what a boob they've set up Fishburne's character to be. A dude in his 50s playing an entry-level CSI. A character dumb enough to let a serial killer address his class, thereby giving the killer a perfect forum to communicate with his copycat follower. A character who then visits the killer in prison and lets it slip that he's bluffing about knowing where the hideout is.I can't believe Fishburne, a prickly actor who doesn't suffer fools gladly, insists on being called "Laurence," never "Larry" and who has movie cred, would agree to play such an idiot. I'm curious to see where this is going.And please, God, please, let this be the last time I have to see the ugly mug of Jorja Fox.

• Administrators

I agree. I thought Grissom's "replacement" would have some credentials and truly replacement him. The episode ended with the job being just a suggestion. I never cared for Jorja Fox but she looked exceptionally bad the other night. The only bright spot was seeing a character have a happy ending for a change instead of getting killed off. Shouldn't take long for it to jump the shark now.

I can't believe what a boob they've set up Fishburne's character to be. A dude in his 50s playing an entry-level CSI. A character dumb enough to let a serial killer address his class, thereby giving the killer a perfect forum to communicate with his copycat follower. A character who then visits the killer in prison and lets it slip that he's bluffing about knowing where the hideout is.The problem with the show is it's stupidity,it's not ACTUALLY realistic,CSI's don't carry guns or question suspects,but I always felt like the show tries to make you feel stupid,the crew knows EVERYTHING.Yet they continually make stupid mistakes,still,I'll watch and see how the new show is,it may get better without the whole Grissom/Sara romance thing.Let's hope Laurence doesn't damage his career on this show,though,and please,no romance,let's stick to smelly corpses,shall we?

I love watching CSI, but as I´m German I need to wait a bit longer for the nex season to come. I´ve read that Grissom should be replaced, but I didn´t know more about it. That´s the reason why I don´t read your posts, but tell you my opinion about it.I think Gil Grissom is the best CSI Investigator. He´s got an unmistakable character. I feel sorry that he leaves.

Grissom's ExitDid anyone notice Petersen seemed to be limping or walking odd in the last two scenes? Any chance there is a health issue behind his departure?

No health issue. He's just ready to start acting again (he's quite good at it, though you'd hardly know from the lame crap he's had to do on this show -- it's like casting Olivier for the lead in Ernest Goes to Camp). Grissom was probably limping to demonstrate how exhausted and dehydrated he was from walking through the jungle trying to find the ugly chick. Petersen has the best of both worlds now -- he keeps collecting a paycheck by retaining his exec producer tag, plus he gets to go back to Chicago to act on stage.

Yeah,if you want to see another good performance by William L. Peterson,watch Michael Mann's excellent Red Dragon adaptation,Manhunter.It also stars Dennis Farina.(Lombard from Miami Vice)

I'm going to miss Gil. He was the best part of the show. Too bad they killed Liev Schreiber off the show when he replaced Grissom for 4 episodes back in season 7. Those were some of my fav episodes. He would've been a good replacement for Gil, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

He was also great in To Live and Die In LA. Great movie that

I always loved that movie!!!Very underrated, but the acting and the soundtrack was superb. A big cult hit for the underground for sure!!!Run to your local video store and rent it people !

Just got the movie "To Live and Die in L.A." today!It's the video,got it for $1.00!Get this,I got three Miami Vice tapes for $1.00 each with it!Yowza!

• 1 year later...
I'm going to miss Gil. He was the best part of the show. Too bad they killed Liev Schreiber off the show when he replaced Grissom for 4 episodes back in season 7. Those were some of my fav episodes. He would've been a good replacement for Gil' date=' IMO.[/quote'] I remember that, never understood all the hate for Keppler.Only seen Fishburne when the character crossed over to CSI:NY this past season. Last eppy of Vegas I've seen was when Warrick was murdered.Gotten mixed reviews from folks who still tune in, they all miss Peterson. Never liked the Grissom/Sara pairing, they have no chemistry whatsoever.As I recall, John Malkovich and Kurt Russell were the first choices to replace Peterson..