Philip Seymour Hoffman Died

Tommy Vercetti

Philip Seymour Hoffman has died. He won Best Actor for Capote and was in many films such as The Big Lebowski, Boogie Nights, Magnolia, The Talented Mr Ripley, Almost Famous, Red Dragon, Cold Mountain, Charlie Wilson's War and more.

It was apparently a heroin overdose. There was a needle in his arm. It might have been a suicide.Still may he RIP.

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

• Administrators

Agreed Tommy.  I was never a huge fan but 46 is way too young, no matter how you check out. I liked him in "Scent of a Woman"  He was perfect in his performance as the two-faced little trouble maker that every parent warns you to avoid!  

R.I.P.

That is so sad to hear as I personally was a huge fan of his work. He played so many diverse characters from totally serious, to funny, and others outragious.

Some of my favourite movies of his are "Capote", "Love Lisa","Owning Mahoney", "The Boat that Rocked" and many of his smaller cameo appearances in dozens of movies where he really stood out as a character. I loved his portrayal of Lester Banks in "Almost Famous"

I am kind of pissed to hear it was a drug overdose as he had a lot to do in life yet.

Sadly another life cut short from excesses....................

Edited by Stinger390X

• 1 year later...

Just purchased a DVD copy of his last movie "A Most Wanted man"

Let me just say WOW!!!

PSH hit the mark with that role and played the Austrian Policeman impeccably! He was in character that was soft spoken and he had the Vienese accent down pat!

I have to say is sad that this was his last movie as it was probably one of his finest performances to date. I have seen almost all of his films and admired his ability to do a diversity of parts from a geek to a slob to a sophisticated person. He was a real versatile actor no matter as a cameo role or a lead experience.

He will be missed....