Episode #111 "Freefall"

Ferrariman

5 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

excellent post. or Castillo getting together again with the asian girl (not sure about her name lol)

May Ying. We never saw it of course, but I choose to believe Castillo & May Ying got back together, after she had some time to get things in order, after her husband’s death. ;)

• Like 1

this was a moment where i was expecting a lot. the ending of the episode where they get close together again was very good. but sadly they didn't give it a following. in a series where darks moments and huge dramas were countless, this would have introduced a breath of fresh air. I was saying that to me recently. man, the dramas these cops (all of them) go through are really impressive. at a point i was nearly wondering if it was realistic. sure cops see lot of cr.. irl, but in MV lot of dark events are directly connected to the protagonists. let's enumerate them quickly

Tubbs:

- death of Angelina and son. blown up in front of him

- death of Maria. love scenes between the two were very sensual. amplifiying greatly the dramatic side of the series. at least this is how i felt it as a viewer

- loss of Valerie (depression). while it seems they were very close

- death of brother

- loss of Vanessa (turns out to be criminal). again the love scenes were very good, and it's hard as a viewer not to be hurt for Tubbs at the end

Crockett

- divorce with Caroline while it appears clearly to me that he has still feelings for her. even later when he discovers she's pregnant, we really have the feeling he has still feelings for her

- death of collegue

-close buddy corrupted

- violent death of wife Kaitlyn

- loss of Brenda. again because of his job

- death of his superior while trying to save his life

Switek

- death of Zito

- turf addiction

i'm sure i forgot some. it seems these cops had a heap of sh.. daily dumped onto them. Castillo rewiring with his spouse would have been a great ray of light into the series. maybe the producers and scripters were trying too hard to do good while the answer was right in front of them. because when you look at Tubbs, and Crockett and all the attractive women they lost, the moment where Tubbs says in one of the last seasons episodes, i think it was the episode with Maria, 'i don't know for you, but personnally i'm starting to get seriously fed up with loosing beloved ones', you really feel that moment as a viewer. and even if a part of you says no the series must continue at all costs, another part is almost sad for Tubbs, and nearly would want him to retire, and get a bit of highly deserved rest

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

this was a moment where i was expecting a lot. the ending of the episode where they get close together again was very good. but sadly they didn't give it a following. in a series where darks moments and huge dramas were countless, this would have introduced a breath of fresh air. I was saying that to me recently. man, the dramas these cops (all of them) go through are really impressive. at a point i was nearly wondering if it was realistic. sure cops see lot of cr.. irl, but in MV lot of dark events are directly connected to the protagonists. let's enumerate them quickly

Tubbs:

- death of Angelina and son. blown up in front of him

- death of Maria. love scenes between the two were very sensual. amplifiying greatly the dramatic side of the series. at least this is how i felt it as a viewer

- loss of Valerie (depression). while it seems they were very close

- death of brother

- loss of Vanessa (turns out to be criminal). again the love scenes were very good, and it's hard as a viewer not to be hurt for Tubbs at the end

Crockett

- divorce with Caroline while it appears clearly to me that he has still feelings for her. even later when he discovers she's pregnant, we really have the feeling he has still feelings for her

- death of collegue

-close buddy corrupted

- violent death of wife Kaitlyn

- loss of Brenda. again because of his job

- death of his superior while trying to save his life

Switek

- death of Zito

- turf addiction

i'm sure i forgot some. it seems these cops had a heap of sh.. daily dumped onto them. Castillo rewiring with his spouse would have been a great ray of light into the series. maybe the producers and scripters were trying too hard to do good while the answer was right in front of them. because when you look at Tubbs, and Crockett and all the attractive women they lost, the moment where Tubbs says in one of the last seasons episodes, i think it was the episode with Maria, 'i don't know for you, but personnally i'm starting to get seriously fed up with loosing beloved ones', you really feel that moment as a viewer. and even if a part of you says no the series must continue at all costs, another part is almost sad for Tubbs, and nearly would want him to retire, and get a bit of highly deserved rest

Yeah…there were a lot of dark moments for some of the cast. Even over Brenda (I think that relationship was starting to fizzle out anyway ;)), the death of Sarah by ODing from being a drug “mule” probably affected Crockett more.

I also didn’t like it that Tubbs never learned his son was actually still alive…he always thought the baby was killed in the explosion.

None of these were ever shown on screen, nor even implied…but, I choose to believe that Eventually Crockett & Gina ended back up together, Castillo eventually ended back up with May Ying, I like to hope Tubbs ended up with the Alicia Austin character (from “Afternoon Plane”)—but he probably went looking for Valerie for more heartache & devastation :rolleyes:, and Stan eventually got help with his gambling addiction & moved up in ranks.

Corny, dorky, unrealistic or not…sorry, I’m a sucker for the “Leave It To Beaver” happy ending! :p 

• Like 3