Miami Vice TV series on Blu-ray

DaytonVicer

1 hour ago, MrQuiche said:

Elephant films set has two problems that depends on your taste, the look of the set and the colors in the episodes, the deluxe edition is good but all of the extra stuff is written in French

Yes, it is a French set, so the language is in French. However, the menus are not hard to navigate or figure out.

I have tons of memorabilia & info over the years, so I don’t need the extra stuff. I didn’t get the deluxe set…I got the regular one that just has the episodes (although there are some cool special features & interviews).

The colors of the box art are somewhat interesting & different. It’s more silhouette type pictures, with the cast too…but it’s kind of cool! Something that hasn’t been done before. However, that’s just the box art. As for the episodes themselves, they are the best!

The HD quality of the colors is amazing!! From everything I’ve researched & seen, it’s the best set available (even over Mill Creek’s, Koch/Plaion’s, and Fabulous Films’). :thumbsup:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

I prefer the koch colors, on the Elephant one the colors especially whites are too harsh, so when there's sun it blinds the whole picture

1 hour ago, MrQuiche said:

I prefer the koch colors, on the Elephant one the colors especially whites are too harsh, so when there's sun it blinds the whole picture

From the clips & photos I’ve seen, and also talking with others who have the Koch set, the colors are more on the neon, “bright” side…rather than the soft pastels of the original show. It seems like they kind of did their own HD color-scheme. Some have even commented on strange skin tone (a yellowish/greenish tone) on some of the actors in certain scenes. It seems as if they “overdid” the colors with everything. 

The Elephant Films set is much more accurate to the show, and there’s no “blinding” picture with whites or any other color. It’s much more like the show originally was & was meant to look—but in HD! :clap:

But, to each his or her own…get whichever set you like or want. :funky:

• Like 1