What happened to the original MV colors?

ivoryjones

Can we say that nearly all the logos from the "white glow" era are wrong on DVD?If that's a fact' date=' the majority of the Miami Vice DVD release had the logos messed up...So far, I could find only one case on DVD that more or less got close to the old look, that is the logo from "Badge of dishonor".[/quote']I'm not exactly sure? I know that whether it was more teal & pink, or more green & violet a white glow or "ghosting" was always around the logo. Exactly who created the green & violet logo, and more importanly WHY, I'm not sure? :rolleyes: To be honest, the startings to the episodes always seemed to be of less quality than the episode content itself--even during the original run on NBC. I'm still wondering that somewhere along the line one of the cable networks airing reruns had to come up with the green & violet logo because the original prints/logos were too faded and/or damaged by then--and it was cheaper to just pop in a different colored logo than try and restore the original. But, that still raises the question to me, of fine...but why not pop in a "new" logo with the same colors as the original? Maybe they tried and it came out more green & violet?? :sick:If they ever do a Blu-Ray release for the show...I truly hope they do it completely right this time, and use the correct logos for every season! But, I bet they wouldn't...it would still be cheaper to use the "syndication"/rerun logos than finding and probably having to restore the original ones. :evil:

Hey ViceFanMan,Very interesting! It never crossed my mind the possibility of print conservation differences within an episode. Of course, this not only could but it's very likely to happen!So maybe with print aging it became more than necessary to have two or three different "restoration settings" within the same episode, and maybe one of them would be only for the openings... Would the people in charge do this? Of course no!!! Such issue doesn't affect sales at all...Funny, I'm watching a Vice rerun that started a week ago in my Country. Before Vice starts, there's "Bonanza". I've never seen this show before, and it seems nice. And it's unbelievable, the copies they're broadcasting of "Bonanza" seem to have better blues and less grain than MV!!!! Stranger than that, I've noticed on Bonanza some "imperfections" typical of professional videotape (for instance, some real fast and tiny drop-outs, some really subtle undulation on credit titles etc). So maybe it was not print-to-digital, it was print-to-tape-to-digital. TCM Latin America has the strange characteristic of coming up with very strange and old sources for their broadcasts, sometimes very old professional tapes but in good shape. If they had such a thing with Miami Vice (an old professional tape as source instead of an old print), they would broadcast the teal/pink/white glow for the first time in 15 years worldwide!!! We're still on Vice Season 1 here. I'll let you know if anything interesting comes up.

Hey ViceFanMan' date='Very interesting! It never crossed my mind the possibility of print conservation differences within an episode. Of course, this not only could but it's very likely to happen!So maybe with print aging it became more than necessary to have two or three different "restoration settings" within the same episode, and maybe one of them would be only for the openings... Would the people in charge do this? Of course no!!! Such issue doesn't affect sales at all...Funny, I'm watching a Vice rerun that started a week ago in my Country. Before Vice starts, there's "Bonanza". I've never seen this show before, and it seems nice. And it's unbelievable, the copies they're broadcasting of "Bonanza" seem to have better blues and less grain than MV!!!! Stranger than that, I've noticed on Bonanza some "imperfections" typical of professional videotape (for instance, some real fast and tiny drop-outs, some really subtle undulation on credit titles etc). So maybe it was not print-to-digital, it was print-to-tape-to-digital. TCM Latin America has the strange characteristic of coming up with very strange and old sources for their broadcasts, sometimes very old professional tapes but in good shape. If they had such a thing with Miami Vice (an old professional tape as source instead of an old print), they would broadcast the teal/pink/white glow for the first time in 15 years worldwide!!! We're still on Vice Season 1 here. I'll let you know if anything interesting comes up.[/quote']Yeah, I could see whatever network airing reruns having to look at each episode out of the show to make sure it was still in decent enough condition. If there was too much fading and/or damage, they may have gone in and changed a few things. As I stated before the starting to "MV" always seemed to be of "less" quality than the rest of the episode itself...even during the original NBC run. Therefore, the startings may have been in worse shape than the rest of the episodes when the 90's came around for reruns--so one of them came up with the "new" logo. Who knows?? :rolleyes:You'll have to let me know what logos you see in your country's reruns--and depending on what logos you see, after the first 2 seasons, it will be interesting to know what source your network got their copies of the show. ;) So, the episodes you've seen so far...are they syndicated/edited versions (like all other cable network copies), or do you think they're complete original versions?

So far, my Countries re-runs (No Exit was the last episode) look most of the time like the DVDs on the episodes original scenes. Nevertheless, some episodes look different than the DVDs. The Pilot, for instance, was different from beginning to end, and that happened maybe because the two parter version was shown, with the "Brother's Keeper" credits. Nevertheless, on this version, they didn't use the longer original opening credits, but the cut one that we all see on Heart of Darkness/Cool Runnin'/Calderone's Return.Thinking about the logos, I got the impression that "Heart of Darkness" had a different pattern. But I noticed something really unpleasant. Though the opening titles certainly look restored on "Heart", they're zoomed in!!!! And I guess other eps have that as well.The logo on "Calderone's Return" part II for certain looks different than the DVDs.The problem is that those cases look different than the DVDs, but to me they are still "wrong" as well, considering the '80s broadcasts I've seen in my Country.I keep the fingers crossed something nice regarding the logos appear from 3rd season on in this re-run. I'll sure let you know! But this promo video already shows at its end they'll probably show the DVD pattern on the "white glow" era. Nevertheless, footage from Smuggler's Blues, The Prodigal Son and maybe By Hooker By Crook are different than the DVDs. So there's hope!

Here are the pics

Pilot scene:

Eingefügtes Bild

Heart of Darkness logo:

Eingefügtes Bild

Calderone's Return part II logo:

Eingefügtes Bild

How does it look to you?

Edited by ivoryjones

this promo video already shows at its end they'll probably show the DVD pattern on the "white glow" era. Nevertheless, footage from Smuggler's Blues, The Prodigal Son and maybe By Hooker By Crook are different than the DVDs. So there's hope!Here are the picsPilot sceneEingefügtes BildHeart of Darkness logoEingefügtes BildCalderone's Return part II logoEingefügtes BildHow does it look to you?

Yeah, back when "MV" was in reruns here, the pilot "Brother's Keeper" was split into 2 parts for syndication purposes...with editing done for commercial room. However, on the DVD's it's restored to its original glory. :thumbsup:As for the logo on "Heart of Darkness"...it looks like the right logo. I think that was the logo used before "Calderone's Return" Pt. 2--which first introduced the "glow" effect, using pinks and grays. However, I will admit your logo for "Calderone's Return" Pt. 2 looks somewhat different than the DVD's. Don't know which one would be accurate...or if either is? :rolleyes:I would not like other aspects of the starting to be changed or messed with either...such as the zooming in on the names or credits. :evil: That's not original and I don't see the point? It will be interesting to see what logos appear for your 3rd-5th season episodes. But, it wouldn't surprise me if it was cheaper for your TCM to acquire old rerun copies from somewhere and it will be the green & violet logo. :rolleyes: The white glow or "ghosting" was always there though. That aspect is correct.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, back when "MV" was in reruns here, the pilot "Brother's Keeper" was split into 2 parts for syndication purposes...with editing done for commercial room. However, on the DVD's it's restored to its original glory. :thumbsup:As for the logo on "Heart of Darkness"...it looks like the right logo. I think that was the logo used before "Calderone's Return" Pt. 2--which first introduced the "glow" effect, using pinks and grays. However, I will admit your logo for "Calderone's Return" Pt. 2 looks somewhat different than the DVD's. Don't know which one would be accurate...or if either is? :rolleyes:I would not like other aspects of the starting to be changed or messed with either...such as the zooming in on the names or credits. :evil: That's not original and I don't see the point? It will be interesting to see what logos appear for your 3rd-5th season episodes. But, it wouldn't surprise me if it was cheaper for your TCM to acquire old rerun copies from somewhere and it will be the green & violet logo. :rolleyes: The white glow or "ghosting" was always there though. That aspect is correct.

Wow ! just going through this thread and the amount of variation on logos is amazing and great 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was just thinking about this the other day. There's another possible reason that the colors on the DVD are so different than what was seen on TV is that the reason they used such a different print to master the DVDs with is that the original prints might be lost or worse yet destroyed. As careless as they were back then with TV negatives I wouldn't be surprised if that's really the case here.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow the "Calderone's Return" logo is so pink 

Hi friends,I got some material on a old issue that annoys me since the DVD release, but I believe the problem is at least as old as the Columbia House tapes.It seems that something happened to the original colors of Miami Vice during the last decade or a little bit more, as the series just doesn't seem to look the same as it once did. It sounds like a purist thing, but I suppose others care about it, and I regret that Universal never gave a damn. I'm kind of disappointed MV was released on DVD that way.I will share pics from the logos, comparing different versions. Obviously such differences affect entire episodes, but they're more visible with the logos.From 3rd season on I could never see the original saturated blue/pink color of the logo that rocked most of the eps (but not all) in the 80s. Instead I saw a green/purple pattern that was not that impressive to me. Even the white glow lost power, it became a little dirty, not blind light white. I believe all that has to do with the fact that prints (MV was filmed on print) age and lose blues and get reddish. And MV is not old enough to go to a restoration process, such as the kind that make "Gone With The Wind" prints look brand new on DVD... Unfortuntely, I'd say.Take a look:Eingefügtes BildKillshot: Certainly a source from the '80s (broadcasted in the 90s here in Brazil), with that "blue" sea so common in the original MV from 3rd season on.Eingefügtes BildKillshot: US DVD (no real white glow anymore, a problem almost always present on DVD)Eingefügtes BildContempt of Court: source from the '80sEingefügtes BildContempt of Court: US DVD (the logo looks quite different, and the sea is vinegar, a problem I believe is related to excessive reds in older or bad shape prints)Eingefügtes BildThe Cows Of The October: source from the '80s (really beautiful, and it looks a lot like the "Miami Vice II" album logo, as it looks like the logo adopted on miami-vice.ws, thanks for that ws!!!)Eingefügtes BildThe Cows Of October: US DVD (look how insignificant became the glow)Eingefügtes BildVote of Confidence: '80s look (my avatar nowadays, another example of the pattern we can't see on DVD anymore, though it is a main reference regarding MV, as the album cover of "Miami Vice II" and the logo adopted on miami-vice.ws prove it!)Eingefügtes BildVote of Confidence: kind of depressive (the saturated '80s look is gone, the glow is as thin as it can be, and everything looks like a series from the '70s, kind of an old re-run of Kojak -- nothing against Kojak by the way, but it's another aesthetic world)Eingefügtes BildHonor Among Thieves? '80s look (just a case to prove that not always the logo was blue/pink, sometimes it was green/pink, but still it had a saturated look, to me very nice, absent on DVD)Eingefügtes BildHonor Among Thieves? US DVD (more balanced colors, the sea looks like a sea usually looks in real life, but MV originally showed more magic than the real look of things in real life)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/eddiequist/mv/freefallsony.jpgFreefall in the '80s (I'm really happy I have it)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/eddiequist/mv/freefalldvd.jpgFreefall on US DVDPlease, do not compare sharpness/image quality between the different versions, as some are VHSs converted to DVDs and some are official DVDs, so the latter will beat the former by far in that matter.Anyway, the captures were all made using the same equipment, and I didn't change any color parameter of the pic.There's one way of making the DVDs look a little more like the '80s. You have to put the contrast real high, decrease a little bit the brightness and move the "tint" (or hue) control so you get more blues and lose reds. But at a particular point when you make the logos look right, the skin of the people looks wrong... So you have to stop before that point, so there's no real solution, only a kind of so-so emulation of the real MV.If someone have captures of the pics from NBC airings, please PM me, or maybe even share them on this thread. I would suggest you to convert your '80s Miami Vice tapes to DVD or blue-ray one day. Make no mistake thinking that with the commercial DVDs you can simply trash the rest.

The variation on these logos from Seasons 1-4 are fantastic .

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'll post below some pictures of Miami Vice logos from first broadcasts (by far the majority) and some early reruns (check notes below) in USA.

As many of you know, the official DVDs couldn't keep those colors, mainly because of no restoration as compensation for print film degradation (lost of blue tones, increase of reds). Even though the issue is more evident on the logos (especially from 3rd season on), it's still there during all seasons, during the 111 episodes full run-time.

If someone has the original runs of Hit List and Calderone's Demise, it would be a nice add to upload images of their logos here as well.

• Like 1

Season One

001-Pilot (Rerun on January 25, 1985)

001-pilotnbc_zpsiodlrqdg.jpg

002-Heart of Darkness (Rerun on April 19, 1985)

002-heart%20of%20darknessnbc_zps9ojhjovv

003-Cool Runnin’ (Rerun on February 15, 1985)

003-cool%20runninnbc_zpsg3supsgj.jpg

004/005-The Return Of Calderone (Special 2-hour version of episodes 004 and 005 - rerun of Hit List and rerun of Calderone's Demise on May 24, 1985)

004_005-the%20return%20of%20calderonenbc

006-One Eyed Jack (Rerun on March 1, 1985)

006-one%20eyed%20jacknbc_zpsh6upm8g6.jpg

007-No Exit (Rerun on March 22, 1985)

007-no%20exitnbc_zpsm0ux9lox.jpg

008-The Great McCarthy

008-the%20great%20mccarthynbc_zpsrbqqzs7

009-Glades 

009-gladesnbc_source1_zpsg3cum0m6.jpg

010-Give a Little, Take a Little

010-give%20a%20littlenbc_source1_zpshgu4

011-Little Prince

011-little%20princenbc_zpssjwi1sc2.jpg

012-Milk Run 

012-milk%20runnbc_zps4im8emvq.jpg

013-Score (aka Golden Triangle)

013-scorenbc_zpsb9mwgmhl.jpg

014-Golden Triangle (aka Golden Triangle part II)

014-golden%20trianglenbc_zpsxfgwaigw.jpg

015-Smuggler’s Blues

015-smugglers%20bluesnbc_source1_zpsfdwg

016-Rites of Passage

016-rites%20of%20passagenbc_source1_zpsk

017-The Maze

017-the%20mazenbc_zpsd3jkji28.jpg

018-Made for Each Other 

018-made%20for%20each%20othernbc_zpsajzt

019-The Home Invaders 

019-the%20home%20invadersnbc_source1_zps

020-Nobody Lives Forever 

020-nobody%20lives%20forevernbc_source1_

021-Evan 

021-evannbc_source1_zpscawnt8vb.jpg

022-Lombard (Rerun on August 9, 1985)

022-lombardnbc_zpshkmzal5q.jpg
Edited by ivoryjones

Season Two

023-The Prodigal Son (Rerun on March 23, 1986 as NBC Sunday Night Movie)

023-the%20prodigal%20sonnbc_zpsnpprxp24.

024-Whatever Works 

024-whatever%20worksnbca1_zpsc7k955fj.jp

025-Out Where The Buses Don’t Run 

025-out%20where%20the%20busesnbca1_zpsfo

026-The Dutch Oven 

026-the%20dutch%20ovennbca2_zpsie7vnc6d.

027-Buddies 

027-buddiesnbca1_zpsb1gtc7yx.jpg

028-Junk Love 

028-junk%20lovenbca1_zpseywvths1.jpg

029-Tale of The Goat

029-tale%20of%20the%20goatnbca1_zpsfzgi9

030-Bushido

030-bushidonbca1_zpsv0frxjls.jpg

031-Bought And Paid for 

031-bought%20and%20paid%20fornbca1_zps0d

032-Back in the World 

032-back%20in%20the%20worldnbca1_zpskiip

033-Phil The Shill 

033-phil%20the%20shillnbca1_zpsbh5azuwc.

034-Definitely Miami (Rerun on August 14, 1987)

034-definitely%20miaminbcsource1_zpsptvw

035-Yankee Dollar

035-yankee%20dollarnbc_zpsjym4east.jpg

036-One Way Ticket (Rerun on June 27, 1986)

036-one%20way%20ticketnbc_zpsb7zuf9mg.jp

037-Little Miss Dangerous (Rerun on July 18, 1986)

037-little%20miss%20dangerousnbc_zpsfysw

038-Florence Italy 

038-florence%20italynbc_zpsp9oq5y6o.jpg

039-French Twist (Unknown date, it could be the first broadcast, on February 21, 1986, or the only NBC rerun, on July 25, 1986)

039-french%20twistnbc_zps2tsdcjdz.jpg

040-The Fix 

040-the%20fixnbc_zpsn787wvqr.jpg

041-Payback

041-paybacknbc_zps7i0e845p.jpg

042-Free Verse 

042-free%20versenbc_zpsquns48df.jpg

043-Trust Fund Pirates

043-trust%20fund%20piratesnbc_zpsbwqecgj

044-Sons and Lovers (Rerun on September 19, 1986)

044-sons%20and%20loversnbc_source1_zpspu
Edited by ivoryjones

Season Three

045-When Irish Eyes Are Crying

045-when%20irish%20eyes%20are%20cryingnb

046-Stone’s War (Rerun on September 11, 1987)

046-stones%20warnbca1_zpskkyni7yd.jpg

047-Killshot (Rerun on April 10, 1987)

047-killshotnbc_source1_a1_zpsv1aqimhs.j

048-Walk-Alone 

048-walk-alonenbca1_zps8kr5buvt.jpg

049-The Good Collar 

049-the%20good%20collarnbca1_zpsyxtfvybv

050-Shadow in the Dark 

050-shadow%20in%20the%20darknbca1_zpsw65

051-El Viejo (Rerun on March 6, 1987)

051-el%20viejonbca1_zpszth3rylw.jpg

052-Better Living Through Chemistry

052-better%20living%20through%20chemistr

053-Baby Blues

053-baby%20bluesnbca1_zps67pjyxpt.jpg

054-Streetwise

054-streetwisenbca1_zpstweqlpzj.jpg

055-Forgive Us Our Debts 

055-forgive%20us%20our%20debtsnbca1_zpsw

056-Down for the Count

056-down%20for%20the%20countnbca1_zpszlw

057-Down for the Count part II

057-down%20for%20the%20count%20part%20II

058-Cuba Libre

058-cuba%20librenbca1_zpsr1yvhvgi.jpg

059-Duty and Honor 

059-duty%20and%20honornbca1_zpsdedhe19m.

060-Theresa

060-theresanbca1_zpsy1875ok4.jpg

061-The Afternoon Plane 

061-the%20afternoon%20planenbc_zpsizynbi

062-Lend Me an Ear 

062-lend%20me%20an%20earnbc_zpsbgdaphr9.

063-Red Tape

063-red%20tapenbc_zps7zwkvpfo.jpg

064-By Hooker By Crook 

064-by%20hooker%20by%20crooknbca2_zpsozf

065-Knock, Knock… Who’s There?

065-knock%20knock...%20whos%20therenbc_z

066-Viking Bikers from Hell

066-viking%20bikers%20from%20hellnbca2_z

067-Everybody’s in Showbiz

067-everybodys%20in%20showbiznbca1_zpsex

068-Heroes of the Revolution

068-heroes%20of%20the%20revolutionnbca1_

Edited by ivoryjones

Season Four

069-Contempt of Court

069-contempt%20of%20courtnbca1_zpsgxi9d6

070-Amen... Send Money 

070-amen...send%20moneynbc_zpsdwuibugc.j

071-Death and the Lady (Rerun on January 29, 1988)

071-death%20and%20the%20ladynbc_zpsy6mky

072-The Big Thaw

072-the%20big%20thawnbc_zpspad9azlb.jpg

073-Child’s Play

073-childs%20playnbc_zpsfaz6uf6p.jpg

074-God’s Work

074-gods%20worknbc_zps918lamt3.jpg

075-Missing Hours

075-missing%20hoursnbc_zpsyzlmzrr5.jpg

076-Like a Hurricane

076-like%20a%20hurricanenbca1_zpsgzzkaod

077-The Rising Sun of Death

077-the%20rising%20sun%20of%20deathnbc_z

078-Love at First Sight

078-love%20at%20first%20sightnbc_zpsqhlg

079-Rock and a Hard Place

079-rock%20and%20a%20hard%20placenbc_zps

080-The Cows of October

080-the%20cows%20of%20octobernbc_zps3fjx

081-Vote of Confidence

081-vote%20of%20confidencenbc_zpsr6cc35n

082-Baseballs of Death

082-baseballs%20of%20deathnbc_zps3hofsez

083-Indian Wars

083-indian%20warsnbc_zpssf5cd7iw.jpg

084-Honor among Thieves?

084-honor%20among%20thievesnbc_zpskyasvu

085-Hell Hath no Fury

085-hell%20hath%20no%20furynbc_zpsyhvrkp

086-Badge of Dishonor

086-badge%20of%20dishonornbc_zpslx4f0dtx

087-Blood & Roses

087-blood%20amp%20rosesnbc_zpslndwbqot.j

088-A Bullet for Crockett

088-a%20bullet%20for%20crockettnbc_zpsqu

089-Deliver Us from Evil

089-deliver%20us%20from%20evilnbc_zpsy4c

090-Mirror Image

090-mirror%20imagenbc_zpssc9kz794.jpg
Edited by ivoryjones

Season Five

091-Hostile Takeover

091-hostile%20takeovernbc_zpsatcpxj8v.jp

092-Redemption in Blood

092-redemption%20in%20bloodnbc_zpsyj0qgr

093-Heart of Night 

093-heart%20of%20nightnbc_zpsf2u8ixfu.jp

094-Bad Timing

094-bad%20timingnbc_zpslbraszlb.jpg

095-Borrasca

095-borrascanbc_zpspmlmfqkd.jpg

096-Line of Fire

096-line%20of%20firenbc_zps628k6pxj.jpg

097-Asian Cut

097-asian%20cutnbc_zpsbjpwkrn2.jpg

098-Hard Knocks

098-hard%20knocksnbc_zps1bfvjevd.jpg

099-Fruit of The Poison Tree

099-fruit%20of%20the%20poison%20treenbc_

100-To Have and to Hold

100-to%20have%20and%20to%20holdnbc_zpsxx

101-Miami Squeeze

101-miami%20squeezenbc_zps87pgdirj.jpg

102-Jack of All Trades

102-jack%20of%20all%20tradesnbc_zpsnt43h

103-The Cell Within

103-the%20cell%20withinnbc_zpsg6v4dl6o.j

104-The Lost Madonna

104-the%20lost%20madonnanbc_zps3qnl2ofc.

105-Over The Line

105-over%20the%20linenbc_zps0gnwmi8c.jpg

106-Victims of Circumstance

106-victims%20of%20circumstancenbc_zpsqr

107-Freefall

107-freefallnbc_zpsu9lngdnj.jpg

108-World of Trouble

108-world%20of%20troublenbc_zpssyex161e.

109-Miracle Man

109-miracle%20mannbc_zpsi6kysatn.jpg

110-Leap of Faith

110-leap%20of%20faithnbc_zpslnv86z6o.jpg

111-Too Much, Too Late (USA Network - most probably first run on January 25, 1990, as on the episode end credits the USA network announcer mentions Jemal Hinton fight “tonight†at 9 p.m. live on USA “Thursday Night Fightsâ€, and Hinton indeed fought Hector Diaz on January 25, 1990, a Thursday...)

111-too%20much%20too%20lateusa%20network
Edited by ivoryjones

Incredible work ivoryjones!  This must have taken you a great deal of time.  It's amazing how different they all look.  I love seeing the NBC logo and the "in stereo" on there.... :D

Thank you for sharing!   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wow!  What a change!  I remember thinking when I first began re-watching the episodes on Hulu (on my computer) and DVD (on the computer as well) that the colors in the opening credits and logo were so much duller than I remembered.  Of course initially I thought it was a false memory... I didn't realize the information you shared related to degradation of colors in the film prints.  What a shame Universal didn't try harder to restore the colors for the DVD release :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
I'll post pictures of Miami Vice logos below, '80s US runs versus US official DVDs.

The '80s sources will always be in first place after the episodes' titles. They're mostly first runs (except when noted). The official DVDs will be right below their '80s counterparts.

In most cases, the differences are just unbelievable.

Colors were severely messed-up on the official DVDs because prints with age have decrease of blue tones and increase of red tones. Apparently (and unfortunately), no print/color restoration was used for the DVDs.

Season One

001-Pilot

(NBC: Rerun on January 25, 1985)

001-pilotnbc_zpsiodlrqdg.jpg

(DVD)

001-miami%20vicedvd_zpsll81jfep.jpg

002-Heart of Darkness

(NBC: Rerun on April 19, 1985)

002-heart%20of%20darknessnbc_zps9ojhjovv

(DVD)

002-heart%20of%20darknessdvd_zpslzacyfyg

003-Cool Runnin’

(NBC: Rerun on February 15, 1985)

003-cool%20runninnbc_zpsg3supsgj.jpg

(DVD)

003-cool%20runnindvd_zpsbdrkrkxh.jpg

004/005-The Return Of Calderone X Calderone's Return part I/II

(NBC: Special 2-hour version of episodes 004 and 005 - Rerun of Hit List and Rerun of Calderone's Demise on May 24, 1985. This comparison won't tell us much, as The Return of Calderone 2-hour movie version has a unique opening, already a Castilllo-era opening, with pink glow just like Calderone's Return part II/Calderone's Demise, but with Gregory Sierra on credits.)

004_005-the%20return%20of%20calderonenbc

(DVD)

004-calderones%20returndvd_zpsjschecx7.j

(DVD)

005-calderones%20return%20part%20IIdvd_z

006-One Eyed Jack

(NBC: Rerun on March 1, 1985)

006-one%20eyed%20jacknbc_zpsh6upm8g6.jpg

(DVD)

006-one%20eyed%20jackdvd_zpswnnmcrfb.jpg

007-No Exit

(NBC: Rerun on March 22, 1985)

007-no%20exitnbc_zpsm0ux9lox.jpg

(DVD)

007-no%20exitdvd_zpsoqszkqc5.jpg

008-The Great McCarthy

(NBC)

008-the%20great%20mccarthynbc_zpsrbqqzs7

(DVD)

008-the%20great%20mccarthydvd_zpsfneuvdr

009-Glades

(NBC)

009-gladesnbc_source1_zpsg3cum0m6.jpg

(DVD)

009-gladesdvd_zpsm3mwkeyw.jpg

010-Give a Little, Take a Little

(NBC)

010-give%20a%20littlenbc_source1_zpshgu4

(DVD)

010-give%20a%20little%20take%20a%20littl

011-Little Prince

(NBC)

011-little%20princenbc_zpssjwi1sc2.jpg

(DVD)

011-little%20princedvd_zpsuomvth9u.jpg

012-Milk Run

(NBC)

012-milk%20runnbc_zps4im8emvq.jpg

(DVD)

012-milk%20rundvd_zpswk532xzv.jpg

013-Golden Triangle

(NBC)

013-scorenbc_zpsb9mwgmhl.jpg

(DVD)

013-golden%20triangledvd_zpsnu3w8fna.jpg

014-Golden Triangle part II

(NBC)

014-golden%20trianglenbc_zpsxfgwaigw.jpg

(DVD)

014-golden%20triangle%20part%20IIdvd_zps

015-Smuggler’s Blues

(NBC)

015-smugglers%20bluesnbc_source1_zpsfdwg

(DVD)

015-smugglers%20bluesdvd_zpsyeyuha60.jpg

016-Rites of Passage

(NBC)

016-rites%20of%20passagenbc_source1_zpsk

(DVD)

016-rites%20of%20passagedvd_zpsm2gbib4h.

017-The Maze

(NBC)

017-the%20mazenbc_zpsd3jkji28.jpg

(DVD)

017-mazedvd_zpstm2zjflk.jpg

018-Made for Each Other

(NBC)

018-made%20for%20each%20othernbc_zpsajzt

(DVD)

018-made%20for%20each%20otherdvd_zpsgfrg

019-The Home Invaders

(NBC)

019-the%20home%20invadersnbc_source1_zps

(DVD)

019-home%20invadersdvd_zpsq1uajq9l.jpg

020-Nobody Lives Forever

(NBC)

020-nobody%20lives%20forevernbc_source1_

(DVD)

020-nobody%20lives%20foreverdvd_zpspmefg

021-Evan

(NBC)

021-evannbc_source1_zpscawnt8vb.jpg

(DVD)

021-evandvd_zpsuhall8cr.jpg2

022-Lombard

(NBC: Rerun on August 9, 1985)

022-lombardnbc_zpshkmzal5q.jpg

(DVD)

022-lombarddvd_zpszlap96rk.jpg

• Like 1

Season Two

023-The Prodigal Son

(NBC: Rerun on March 23, 1986 as NBC Sunday Night Movie)

023-the%20prodigal%20sonnbc_zpsnpprxp24.

(DVD)

023-the%20prodigal%20sondvd_zpsubqxbk6a.

024-Whatever Works

(NBC)

024-whatever%20worksnbca1_zpsc7k955fj.jp

(DVD)

024-whatever%20worksdvd_zpsatvzy3yz.jpg

025-Out Where The Buses Don’t Run

(NBC)

025-out%20where%20the%20busesnbca1_zpsfo

(DVD)

025-out%20where%20the%20buses%20dont%20r

026-The Dutch Oven

(NBC)

026-the%20dutch%20ovennbca2_zpsie7vnc6d.

(DVD)

026-the%20dutch%20ovendvd_zpsn3g7duxo.jp

027-Buddies

(NBC)

027-buddiesnbca1_zpsb1gtc7yx.jpg

(DVD)

027-buddiesdvd_zpsuxk1goqf.jpg

028-Junk Love

(NBC)

028-junk%20lovenbca1_zpseywvths1.jpg

(DVD)

028-junk%20lovedvd_zps3m2szyf7.jpg

029-Tale of The Goat

(NBC)

029-tale%20of%20the%20goatnbca1_zpsfzgi9

(DVD)

029-tale%20of%20the%20goatdvd_zpsdli1ggg

030-Bushido

(NBC)

030-bushidonbca1_zpsv0frxjls.jpg

(DVD)

030-bushidodvd_zpsk7rvjyrf.jpg

031-Bought And Paid for

(NBC)

031-bought%20and%20paid%20fornbca1_zps0d

(DVD)

031-bought%20and%20paid%20fordvd_zps3azh

032-Back in the World

(NBC)

032-back%20in%20the%20worldnbca1_zpskiip

(DVD)

032-back%20in%20the%20worlddvd_zpslohhq1

033-Phil The Shill

(NBC)

033-phil%20the%20shillnbca1_zpsbh5azuwc.

(DVD)

033-phil%20the%20shilldvd_zpsezikfsmr.jp

034-Definitely Miami

(NBC: Rerun on August 14, 1987)

034-definitely%20miaminbcsource1_zpsptvw

(DVD)

034-definitely%20miamidvd_zpspmri0kdn.jp

035-Yankee Dollar

(NBC)

035-yankee%20dollarnbc_zpsjym4east.jpg

(DVD)

035-yankee%20dollardvd_zpsxxed6gek.jpg

036-One Way Ticket

(NBC: Rerun on June 27, 1986)

036-one%20way%20ticketnbc_zpsb7zuf9mg.jp

(DVD)

036-one%20way%20ticketdvd_zpsognzgewu.jp

037-Little Miss Dangerous

(NBC: Rerun on July 18, 1986)

037-little%20miss%20dangerousnbc_zpsfysw

(DVD)

037-little%20miss%20dangerousdvd_zpsxkoz

038-Florence Italy

(NBC)

038-florence%20italynbc_zpsp9oq5y6o.jpg

(DVD)

038-florence%20italydvd_zpsp2mcrcws.jpg

039-French Twist

(NBC: Unknown date, it could be the first broadcast, on February 21, 1986, or the only NBC rerun, on July 25, 1986)

039-french%20twistnbc_zps2tsdcjdz.jpg

(DVD)

039-french%20twistdvd_zpsewxvmxtp.jpg

040-The Fix

(NBC)

040-the%20fixnbc_zpsn787wvqr.jpg

(DVD)

040-the%20fixdvd_zps4usr0uyd.jpg

041-Payback

(NBC)

041-paybacknbc_zps7i0e845p.jpg

(DVD)

041-paybackdvd_zpszy2m6xd7.jpg

042-Free Verse

(NBC)

042-free%20versenbc_zpsquns48df.jpg

(DVD)

042-free%20versedvd_zps3hmriezw.jpg

043-Trust Fund Pirates

(NBC)

043-trust%20fund%20piratesnbc_zpsbwqecgj

(DVD)

043-trust%20fund%20piratesdvd_zpsjqd644r

044-Sons and Lovers

(NBC: Rerun on September 19, 1986)

044-sons%20and%20loversnbc_source1_zpspu

(DVD)

044-sons%20and%20loversdvd_zps8ldnsmdi.j
  • Like 1

Season Three

045-When Irish Eyes Are Crying

(NBC)

045-when%20irish%20eyes%20are%20cryingnb

(DVD)

045-when%20irish%20eyes%20are%20cryingdv

046-Stone’s War

(NBC: Rerun on September 11, 1987)

046-stones%20warnbca1_zpskkyni7yd.jpg

(DVD)

046-stones%20wardvd_zpsb0l2bomi.jpg

047-Killshot

(NBC: Rerun on April 10, 1987)

047-killshotnbc_source1_a1_zpsv1aqimhs.j

(DVD)

047-killshotdvd_zpszkdl5j7h.jpg

048-Walk-Alone

(NBC)

048-walk-alonenbca1_zps8kr5buvt.jpg

(DVD)

048-walk-alonedvd_zpsdyfcfgd2.jpg

049-The Good Collar

(NBC)

049-the%20good%20collarnbca1_zpsyxtfvybv

(DVD)

049-the%20good%20collardvd_zpsbzeaz8tn.j

050-Shadow in the Dark

(NBC)

050-shadow%20in%20the%20darknbca1_zpsw65

(DVD)

050-shadow%20in%20the%20darkdvd_zpskok5t

051-El Viejo

(NBC: Rerun on March 6, 1987)

051-el%20viejonbca1_zpszth3rylw.jpg

(DVD)

051-el%20viejodvd_zpscvaj6obq.jpg

052-Better Living Through Chemistry

(NBC)

(DVD)

053-Baby Blues

(NBC)

053-baby%20bluesnbca1_zps67pjyxpt.jpg

(DVD)

053-baby%20bluesdvd_zpsjftyzoo1.jpg

054-Streetwise

(NBC)

054-streetwisenbca1_zpstweqlpzj.jpg

(DVD)

054-streetwisedvd_zpscuyxr7dx.jpg

055-Forgive Us Our Debts

(NBC)

055-forgive%20us%20our%20debtsnbca1_zpsw

(DVD)

055-forgive%20us%20our%20debtsdvd_zpsyxx

056-Down for the Count

(NBC)

056-down%20for%20the%20countnbca1_zpszlw

(DVD)

056-down%20for%20the%20countdvd_zps4xzwm

057-Down for the Count part II

(NBC)

057-down%20for%20the%20count%20part%20II

(DVD)

057-down%20for%20the%20count%20IIdvd_zps

058-Cuba Libre

(NBC)

058-cuba%20librenbca1_zpsr1yvhvgi.jpg

(DVD)

058-cuba%20libredvd_zpsultezaiy.jpg

059-Duty and Honor

(NBC)

059-duty%20and%20honornbca1_zpsdedhe19m.

(DVD)

059-duty%20and%20honordvd_zpsnaxffk9d.jp

060-Theresa

(NBC)

060-theresanbca1_zpsy1875ok4.jpg

(DVD)

060-theresadvd_zps2tbaitf4.jpg

061-The Afternoon Plane

(NBC)

061-the%20afternoon%20planenbc_zpsizynbi

(DVD)

061-the%20afternoon%20planedvd_zpscwniud

062-Lend Me an Ear

(NBC)

062-lend%20me%20an%20earnbc_zpsbgdaphr9.

(DVD)

062-lend%20me%20an%20eardvd_zps07zfjtra.

063-Red Tape

(NBC)

063-red%20tapenbc_zps7zwkvpfo.jpg

(DVD)

063-red%20tapedvd_zpshe5wlajp.jpg

064-By Hooker By Crook

(NBC)

064-by%20hooker%20by%20crooknbca2_zpsozf

(DVD)

064-by%20hooker%20by%20crookdvd_zpsb86m3

065-Knock, Knock… Who’s There?

(NBC)