World of Trouble

Tom

Great. Thanks for posting!

minor correction though: address of Librizzi house is 9160 SW 57 Ave not 9180. I gotta know cos I found it :-)

After you posted the teaser photo of Poka Toto a few days ago, I gave it one last shot.  Three houses south of Labrizzi's house is a brick driveway with a similar hedge and power lines running right behind the hedge.  It seemed perfect.  But there was no playground.  :thumbsdown: 

• Like 1

Surprisingly the park is very similar to how it was back then. The black top area has been turned into a "halfcourt" basketball area, and it had a hoop back when Vice filmed as we saw Al walk by it. When Al parks we see some very unique tubes in a line like a sculpture or way to block traffic. They are still there as are all the white walls and the path Al walks down.

• Like 2

Thanks to Jim for giving my post a "like" today.  I was stuck at a beastly 666 for almost an entire day.  I was getting nervous that Legba was coming for me! 

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, airtommy said:

Thanks to Jim for giving my post a "like" today.  I was stuck at a beastly 666 for almost an entire day.  I was getting nervous that Legba was coming for me! 

Jim has reMOOOVED the barrier. :) 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2017 at 7:20 AM, C Glide said:

Only took about 20 minutes to find the location of Poka.Tot Nursery School but it took me probably another hour and a half to really understand the location, scene and how it fit together before I could confirm it. But if it were easy it would not be so much fun. Cheers.

wp32b78f56.png Pulled this of GE so it is not the best. I will get better in person or off the net ASAP.

This is such a great find after all these years.

Here is the google closeup of that area at Quayside Towers and Terrace :hippie:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/quayside+towers+park+miami/@25.8732254,-80.1694702,78a,35y,45.06t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

I was excited to find it but not as excited as I am about the one I just did. . A bit off topic but an internet friend brought up the idea that maybe I could help him find an unknown location or two for him. He is a Burt Reynolds fan and had long looked for some locations in Smokey and the Bandit. I said yes because the other two movies in the series filmed in Florida and I had covered them on my site and why not a change of location for a challenge. Few hours later I had found three and was working on more when we got to thinking, hey how about Deliverance. Where the heck is that shack of a gas station (probably not real) where they played the dueling banjos in Deliverance. Now there is a challenge. In the woods, don't even know what state it is in, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, who knows if it is even around or flooded by the lake. Well Holy spit, about three hours of hard searching on GE and Historic aerials and I can't believe it but I freakin found it. Feeling good. I will be moving a truck load of stuff down to Florida next month to start my move and I am already planning a detour on the way back to take re-creation shots. Modern technology finds backwoods location.

• Like 2

Deliverance Good Lord.  You are amazing.  What's next - Atlantis?  Great to have you back in the Sunshine state.  What town are you moving to?

Edited by miamijimf

Naples. Not far from you. Not far from Miami.

With technology it is amazing what can be figured out. I found their campsite on the river today and so far the exact locations on the river of most off the paddling scenes. Never thought Deliverance could be figured out but it is going well. Then back to MV.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

A couple of unknown filming locations in this Dennis Farina episode from 1989. 
Firstly Lombard on the phone I’m sure that was filmed in the interior courtyard at the studio. 
Secondly when Lombard visits his grandson at Rita Lombard’s house I’m pretty sure that was at the water end of Anchorage Way, Coconut Grove. The columns and windows are the same as the house from “Lost Madonna” a few episodes earlier. It’s not that house but has very similar features also you see a high dark pink wall behind Al Lombard at one point ( a feature of Anchorage Way).

5DBA8D11-A1DA-473A-98A7-D661D72418C1.jpeg

• Like 2

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Matt5:

A couple of unknown filming locations in this Dennis Farina episode from 1989. 
Firstly Lombard on the phone I’m sure that was filmed in the interior courtyard at the studio. 
Secondly when Lombard visits his grandson at Rita Lombard’s house I’m pretty sure that was at the water end of Anchorage Way, Coconut Grove. The columns and windows are the same as the house from “Lost Madonna” a few episodes earlier. It’s not that house but has very similar features also you see a high dark pink wall behind Al Lombard at one point ( a feature of Anchorage Way).

5DBA8D11-A1DA-473A-98A7-D661D72418C1.jpeg

I agree. It is not the the cover house for Tubbs in Lost Madonna (there are some differences on the front) but it has to be nearby. I tried to locate it years ago but due to remodeling and Hurricane Andrew in 1992 the area is different now. One clue tough could be the big garden of Rita‘s house with huge trees. This garden is much bigger than the one of the Lost Madonna home (can be seen when police moved in on Scianti from the garden) and is an indication that the WOT house is rather in the middle of Anchorage Way where the backyard area is big enough and the access road is straight whereas both things are not the case at the end with the roundabout. By the way the address of the LM house was 3593 on the production report. Today google shows this number at the roundabout so numbering must have changed as well. The LM house was completely remodeled and was in the middle of AW.

• Like 2

I'm not so sure about Anchorage Way.  The water end of the street was undeveloped in 1986.  The swimming pool is diagonally positioned behind the house.  There is no such pool on Anchorage Way. 

worldhouse.png.ac1cfc7d4a911d6761828c568e514c8c.png

Those spiral columns are also seen in Shadow in the Dark at 1798 Espanola Avenue:

shadowhouse.png.dcb6893f757389f8efe014d22afccb8c.png

But I do see that wall, very interesting.  Doesn't it look too tall to be the Anchorage Way wall?   Maybe it's the side of a 2-story building?

worldhouse2.png.1fc4bf7e76f790c2b6b73824965fbee5.png

Edited by airtommy

vor 2 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

I'm not so sure about Anchorage Way.  The water end of the street was undeveloped in 1986.  The swimming pool is diagonally positioned behind the house.  There is no such pool on Anchorage Way. 

worldhouse.png.ac1cfc7d4a911d6761828c568e514c8c.png

Those spiral columns are also seen in Shadow in the Dark at 1798 Espanola Avenue:

shadowhouse.png.dcb6893f757389f8efe014d22afccb8c.png

But I do see that wall, very interesting.  Doesn't it look too tall to be the Anchorage Way wall?   Maybe it's the side of a 2-story building?

worldhouse2.png.1fc4bf7e76f790c2b6b73824965fbee5.png

The height of the wall does not worry me. It has the right color and a distinctive band on the upper part although that color should be greenish, but that may be due to a blurry still. Also chances that there are other walls with same color around nearby is close to zero. I have never seen other walls around there.

what baffles me is the distance and the angle to that wall behind Farina. As he is standing in front of/looking towards the house’s entrance, this would indicate that the entrance is far off Anchorage Way (the wall is going along the south of AW) with lots of vegetation in between due to a smaller driveway from AW or an access from a roundabout that is to Farina‘s left?  

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Quayside Park at Quayside Towers from July sadly this playground was demolished only a few months later.

396E1D99-D72C-45B6-9EA0-47DDE8612E2F.jpeg

40BD28D5-4445-4326-938E-2E5D87E47437.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A few more from my photos (July 2019) of this location of Quayside Park at Quayside Towers and the play area / driveway we see in this episode.

C4601B19-77CA-4F50-AA28-1FBED1E6CA5C.jpeg

B4AF89CD-77A1-4517-8D7A-097F5D0A6EDF.jpeg

75C14E04-369A-42EA-9ACF-67EA8A51A3CF.jpeg

CE7C5BAA-DBB7-43A8-904D-73376333A6EA.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I'm pretty sure that Rita's house is not on Anchorage Way.  As Lombard approaches the front of the house, you can see regular pavement, not bricks:

rita.png.2798d069a38ac44c150ded6cb8ac0582.png

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

I'm pretty sure that Rita's house is not on Anchorage Way.  As Lombard approaches the front of the house, you can see regular pavement, not bricks:

rita.png.2798d069a38ac44c150ded6cb8ac0582.png

Agree. That is only one of some critical points that does not match. 
I did a quick search yesterday in various fitting Miami areas for a L-shaped house structure with diagonal pool and heavy vegetation (banyan trees), but no luck. Given the logistics the wooden AL Lombard house should not be far off.

Looks like we have next to some others (Cooks house, Video dating service, house in teaser of Deliver us from evil) a long list of landlocked needles in haystack left.

• Like 1

I loved that house on Vice. Gorgeous house and it hasn't changed at all. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Looks beautiful - and very recognisable from 1988. Vice again picked a new property built just the year before.The upper level reminds of the house we see in “Redemption in Blood” in Season 5.

Edited by Matt5

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a location nobody has thought about hunting for.  Where were Rita Lombard and her son in this photo?  Quayside and the Jockey Club are good candidates.

worldtrouble.png.a87dcf475e2b16f0d85509d563b9fa8b.png

Edited by airtommy

vor 4 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

Here's a location nobody has thought about hunting for.  Where were Rita Lombard and her son in this photo?  Quayside and the Jockey Club are good candidates.

worldtrouble.png.a87dcf475e2b16f0d85509d563b9fa8b.png

You‘re maybe right (although I doubt it for practical reasons: this is not a Polaroid, thus they must have taken it days before the scene with this photo was filmed and Julie Brams had no scenes at Quayside at all), but sorry to say I am much more interested in the two major locations missing in this episode (Rita’s house and Lombard‘s home)! 

Edited by Tom