World of Trouble

Tom

Unknown location: Lombards hide-away house (CC2 - WOT, CC1 is Rita´s house)

This house is very unique and NOT the Villa Ipa as we originally thought. I post here all episode pics that include some clues to find it. All pics are digitally enhanced (adaptive lightning increased, sharpness increased, ...)

I call this house "landlocked Stiltsville", as it seems to be completely on stilts, including the part above the entrance from the street.

Unique Clues:

1. Wooden structure and roof, buildings on stilts, lots of wooden walkways

2. entrance is below a stilts-structure and at a flat angle from the street (very unique), The driveway is paved.

3. The pool is very long and quite narrow. A wooden bridge connects the main building where Lombard sits with the other pool side. As the bridge most likely has a purpose there seems to be another building (or a group of buildings) on the other side which cannot be seen.

4. big garden around

My top search criteria are: lots of unique building structures incl. bridge across pool, wooden appearance, pool shape, entrance (wooden "roof" above the entrance seems to be directly near the access street).

My favorite search areas: Pinecrest, southern Gables, Coconut Grove. Just hunches. No direct clues derived from the episode.

Everybody´s help is appreciated.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 11.51.59.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 11.52.49.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 11.53.26.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 11.53.52.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 12.05.27.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 19.09.03.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 19.11.22.png

Unknown location: Rita´s house (CC1 WOT)

Most important clues:

spiral columns, the look and pattern of the window behind Rita (both potentially a revolving theme on other parts of the house), the pool -with a triangle shaped narrowing in the middle where the balcony comes close to it - is diagonal to the house, the huge Banyan tree in the corner of the property behind the pool (the picture reveals that very close behind the Banyan tree are neighbor houses on both sides). The lot seems to be quite small. On the other side there seems to be no immediate neighbor (only green visible left of the main house)

The building could be an L-shape or not (the balcony stretching out to the pool is not necessarily part of a 90 degree building part not seen in the episode stills). Thus, the overall structure is unclear, as is the roof type and color.

I would foremost search for the pool diagonal to the house and the Banyan tree on the corner of the lot. Going by the type and color of the house, Coral Gables or Coconut Grove fit best, but who knows...

The street access is paved, the wall behind Lombard in the distance seems NOT to be the one on Anchorage way (wrong height and color of the upper band), also there is no such distance possible on Anchorage way and no possible pool house at the end of it).

BEWARE: Location logistics (both unknown houses are close to other locations) may play a role here or not. In all my searches I have only to found 2 wooden houses remotedly similar to Lombard´s house, thus it could be unique and far away from everything else.

Everybody´s help is appreciated.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 12.20.37.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 12.21.16.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 12.21.30.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 19.06.56.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 19.07.35.png

Edited by Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Another round of search in Grove and south of it for Rita´s house (the diagonal pool is the biggest clue) and Lombard´s house (even more rare than a diagonal pool is a wooden home on stilts) with no result.

If @daytona365 has a hunch where to look it is a good time now to share forces before I start looking in Coral Gables and as long as my eyes still work...

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Another round of search in Grove and south of it for Rita´s house (the diagonal pool is the biggest clue) and Lombard´s house (even more rare than a diagonal pool is a wooden home on stilts) with no result.

If @daytona365 has a hunch where to look it is a good time now to share forces before I start looking in Coral Gables and as long as my eyes still work...

Well, Gables is where I was looking, up and down Coral Way, Columbus, Almeria etc., that is apparently where most Banyans are. But so far no luck. There‘s also a neighborhood called ‚Banyan‘, west of Old Cutler Rd, where it meets San Juan, wich would be closer to Librizzi’s place, if you consider logistics, which don’t need to be a factor here.

Another clue is the driveway which seems curved.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

Well, Gables is where I was looking, up and down Coral Way, Columbus, Almeria etc., that is apparently where most Banyans are. But so far no luck. There‘s also a neighborhood called ‚Banyan‘, west of Old Cutler Rd, where it meets San Juan, wich would be closer to Librizzi’s place, if you consider logistics, which don’t need to be a factor here.

Another clue is the driveway which seems curved.

Funny we have the same areas in mind. I will not be too fixated on the Banyan though. It might have been destroyed by Andrew in 1992. I was in Miami at that time and escaped, so I know that some of these landmark trees did not make it.

As for the Lombard home, I found a few wooden houses but none of them did fit. What seems to be unique there is the road access. My biggest problem with that house is that it has no unique feature to spot from above (a rectangular pool and a normal roof and some additional buildings of the same sort are not very  unique and I don´t know whether the wooden walkway across the pool will be visible from above.

I also did specific google searches for all combinations of "wooden", "tree house", "Stilts", etc. but to no avail.

Edited by Tom

Another idea is due to the L-shape of the house and the diagonal position of the pool I think the house is likely to be situated on a corner. As it’s back to back with other houses I also believe its in a double row between two streets.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

Another idea is due to the L-shape of the house and the diagonal position of the pool I think the house is likely to be situated on a corner. As it’s back to back with other houses I also believe its in a double row between two streets.

Beware! I thought that too, but the right part of the house is not visible, so we don´t know what´s there, it could be a T-shape as well in the end! Only thing that is sure is that there is one short leg from the main building (the balcony that is getting close to the pool)

I am sure that there is a fence and a corner of the property behind the Banyan as well as a neighborhouse very close behind the Banyan.

Edited by Tom

@daytona365 I just found the Rita house! It´s not in any of the areas we thought.

I had it in 5 minutes today after I googled for homes with Banyan trees and I found a "Big Bubble in Miami" article (same magazine that helped you to find the Ross home) with a picture where the Rita house was next to it.

https://thebigbubblemiami.com/2020/03/18/1915-cottage-in-south-coconut-grove-lists-for-1-5-million/

RITA HOUSE (SAL LOMBARDs HOME), 3765 Stewart Ave, Coconut Grove

The Banyan tree is still there, but on current Google View the house looks very run down and in renovation. It was built in 1986. But there are great realtor pics exactly proving our location. The first picture is from the magazine how I found it.

The reason why there is so much open green jungle behind Al Lombard who is standing looking at the house in the episode is solved now as well. The opposite lot is empty and also was in 1986. Our location search sketch was correct, as the borders to the surrounding lots prove (Corner of property just behind or rather in the middle of the Banyan tree)

ENJOY!

Next cold case closed, I bet the Lombard home is not far away and will be next....!

P.S. another beautiful pink home in 1989 that was messed up by applying ackward colors on the outside (Ocean Drive syndrome)

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 11.26.33.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 11.06.56.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 11.07.09.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 11.07.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 11.07.32.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 11.09.21.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 11.09.33.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 11.17.57.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 12.19.17.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.01.15.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@daytona365 to find the Lombard house, I suggest that we align on a sketch together before we start searching. This wooden home on stilts with pool and several buildings around is hard to perceive especially due to the night scenes that prevent a lot of clues (how to be seen from above). Especially interesting is the entrance from the street and the roof shape and structure to derive a search pattern from above. The pool is partly covered by the roofs from opposite buildings and may be not visible from above due to roofs or trees. I believe the house is NOT on water as there are lights behind Lombard (when sitting) in the background.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

@daytona365 to find the Lombard house, I suggest that we align on a sketch together before we start searching. This wooden home on stilts with pool and several buildings around is hard to perceive especially due to the night scenes that prevent a lot of clues (how to be seen from above). Especially interesting is the entrance from the street and the roof shape and structure to derive a search pattern from above. The pool is partly covered by the roofs from opposite buildings and may be not visible from above due to roofs or trees. I believe the house is NOT on water as there are lights behind Lombard (when sitting) in the background.

It's difficult... here's where I am with it:

grafik.png.a52eff580fc6113183c06e710a8f0ed0.png

The pool will be barely visible from above as the roofs of the two blocks extend over it and over the wooden walkways that go around them.

I think the house might still be on the water if you look at the below picture. It somehow does look somewhat like a beach cottage after all with this tropical design. Resembles some of the works of Alfred Browning Parker. If you google that, you will quickly realize why. If it was on water, this type of wooden construction would probably have been wiped out by Andrew.

WOT_AL_01.thumb.jpg.c5b652be2223ed19751c601ebedc6a64.jpg

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb daytona365:

It's difficult... here's where I am with it:

grafik.png.a52eff580fc6113183c06e710a8f0ed0.png

The pool will be barely visible from above as the roofs of the two blocks extend over it and over the wooden walkways that go around them.

I think the house might still be on the water if you look at the below picture. It somehow does look somewhat like a beach cottage after all with this tropical design. Resembles some of the works of Alfred Browning Parker. If you google that, you will quickly realize why. If it was on water, this type of wooden

Wow awesome sketch. Looks like professional exterior designer software?

the sketch seems quite accurate with a few exceptions: the buildings are not parallel on both sides of the pool. there is a Building or a lighted room visible behind the guy who attacks running over the bridge. That would mean that there is either another building on the other side that is missing in your sketch or the building behind the pool needs to be shifted to the right (I prefer the latter). As my pic below shows there is NO building just parallel to the one where Lombard sits. Also  there is another building visible behind the guy when he falls into the pool. That would be a third building which needs to be added and the one above the entrance shifted or broadened?

also I see another stairs up to the bridge mirroring the ones on the other side of the pool. This can be seen when both goons take separate stairs up on both sides.

I tried to update your sketch to what what I descrbed above. Sorry that it is not as professional as yours!

At second sight, I agree that it could be on the water. i hope not as chances are high that Andrew wiped it out. 

in the episode they say the house is on Key Biscayne. I doubt that due to missing greenery there and lack of such house stylistics on KB.

Parker is a Great lead! If he built that house it might be there still.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 17.29.35.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 17.30.59.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 19.11.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 17.37.44.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 11.53.52.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

updated the sketch (done in PowerPoint btw.)

grafik.thumb.png.0c58c881a3010b4e11accec2195af68d.png

There is sand or gravel on the lot, adding to the beach shack theory.

grafik.thumb.png.b536c92a9db63f53f2ce5d7803fef84a.png

I believe this light could be on the neighboring property:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 17.29.35.png

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After another scrutiny I think the lights are indeed reflected in water and lined up like an island shore on both sides, but at different angles and distances.

I added my observation in your sketch and also added the driveway or access street which I think is very unique as well (entrance UNDER a building on stilts?).

The car the two goons come with is parked on the curb and visible behind them when they enter that property. Although it is not clear whether the car was moved between theses two scenes (the tire/steering wheel is showing a little bit to the left, exactly as it was when they stopped the engine), we have to assume it for now. This means either the road stops here (likely if the property has a waterfront) or it continues to the south of our property sketch which would mean there is no direct neighbor. 

With this sketch it should be easier to pinpoint the location given what we see behind on water are most likely TWO different coastlines (two islands?) rather than just only one. But that is not sure.

Anyway this is now a crossroad decision to go for a waterfront instead of a landlocked property. Shall we take it?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-13 um 11.32.12.png

Edited by Tom

vor 10 Minuten schrieb C Glide:

Great work

Thanks! We are approaching 25 episodes to be updated on your location site ;)

I am still not fully convinced what we see here in the background (red square)?

In the close up (sorry for the exaggerated lightning!) we probably see the silhouette and some details of a house, but at that level of lightning adaptation it also could be just artifacts.

In the other view, we see that the light below (red circle) is really shimmering like in water and that it is exactly below the light above which speaks for a water reflection.

Both lights are the same, just from different angles and distance due to camera movement, one time it says water, one time it says part of a building.

Either way, very hard to find. Basically, we have the same issue as with the rally house at the end of Vote of confidence. We look for an ensemble of buildings that is grouped around a pool and this is very rare. These ensembles usually belong to a condo complex where houses are much higher and have a competely different look...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-14 um 11.10.33.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-14 um 11.11.34.png

• Like 1

@Tom, check this out:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/655-N-Mashta-Dr_Key-Biscayne_FL_33149_M62461-89907#photo32

says it was built in 1994 but look at the layout. It's damn close to what I've sketched! And the aerial from 1986 looks even closer. Maybe the original house was blown away by Andrew and the rebuilt it with a similar layout?

grafik.png.e3cb9b0c53d31d6d0101d75190ccdaad.png  grafik.png.0861fdbd6eb3fe0c1fdbc778ff17c989.png

Hell even the slabs and the coral walls match

grafik.png.8605da134c393e8ddf168b95e579a4b8.png  grafik.png.85282fa7d231c2919b1ce1210a4ef20b.png

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 14 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

@Tom, check this out:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/655-N-Mashta-Dr_Key-Biscayne_FL_33149_M62461-89907#photo32

says it was built in 1994 but look at the layout. It's damn close to what I've sketched! And the aerial from 1986 looks even closer. Maybe the original house was blown away by Andrew and the rebuilt it with a similar layout?

grafik.png.e3cb9b0c53d31d6d0101d75190ccdaad.png  grafik.png.0861fdbd6eb3fe0c1fdbc778ff17c989.png

Hell even the slabs and the coral walls match

grafik.png.8605da134c393e8ddf168b95e579a4b8.png  grafik.png.85282fa7d231c2919b1ce1210a4ef20b.png

Wow, that´s it! You got it mang! Congrats!

There are too many coincidences! I add a few more things that fit. The original 1986 aerial shows that it was like we see it in the episode, but the buildings were extended and the roof changed.

The driveway (car underneath the building and the angle), the angle and distance of the opposite coast roughly derived from the lights in the scene as added by me in the sketch and all key locations of buildings and pool are in the right place.

Let´s hunt for specific matches or pictures but I am fully convinced that´s it. So, Gina did not lie when she told the others in OCB that the house Lombard was attacked in was in Key Biscayne! KB seems to be your specialty! Burnett house is just vis as vis!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 09.57.42.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 09.58.37.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 09.59.15.png

Wow, everything fits. The house where Lombard sat was extended from a single floor to a higher two story building. But everything is in place. I add the best pics I found. The paved driveway was replaced with stone tiles, but everything perfectly recognizable. Congrats again! We are lucky again that there are pictures on the ground and inside to prove it.

NEW LOCATION FOUND: LOMBARD´S HIDEAWAY HOUSE, 655 N. MASHTA DRIVE, KEY BISCAYNE

That was the last fancy residence in the series that was lost! Great achievement, but also somewhat sad that there are no more ...What´s left are a few ordinary homes (Ballard house, Yvonne house), an ensemble of buildings with pool (Vote of confidence) and around 15-20 smaller locations. Everything else from the long bucket list on May 12 (30 locations left at that time) we have found in last month in a great team effort!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.23.17.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.23.32.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.24.05.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.24.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.24.34.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.25.04.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.25.18.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.25.33.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.25.47.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.25.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.26.14.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.26.27.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.26.40.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.26.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.27.06.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.27.18.png

Edited by Tom

(SMALL) UNKNOWN LAST LOCATION OF THIS EP: THE LAWYER´s OFFICE:

a real office but hard to find, I already checked other locations used in this episode (1001 Brickell, 999 vis a vis) for similar offices with glass brick wall, but no luck. 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-14 um 12.38.18.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-14 um 12.38.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-14 um 12.39.15.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-14 um 12.39.57.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-14 um 12.40.53.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-14 um 12.41.13.png

3 hours ago, Tom said:

So, Gina did not lie when she told the others in OCB that the house Lombard was attacked in was in Key Biscayne!

In fact it was her with that statement who made me fully focus my search efforts on KB. Gina has always been my secret angel so it just had to be true :hot:I first discovered it on the 1986 aerial btw.

I was so absorbed for a few days by searching this house that I missed on congratulating you for finding Rita's house. Awesome job as well again, and again it's in an area that I also did scan heavily, however while I was looking for the Cook house, so my mind wasn't set on this.

• Thanks 1

vor 54 Minuten schrieb daytona365:

In fact it was her with that statement who made me fully focus my search efforts on KB. Gina has always been my secret angel so it just had to be true :hot:I first discovered it on the 1986 aerial btw.

I was so absorbed for a few days by searching this house that I missed on congratulating you for finding Rita's house. Awesome job as well again, and again it's in an area that I also did scan heavily, however while I was looking for the Cook house, so my mind wasn't set on this.

Dito. Great team with members complementing each other perfectly (you find what I do not and vice versa)!

I just can salute you for the Lombard house. I looked over KB as well but very sloppy obviously as the house looks like on our sketch despite heavy remodeling.

Wow, what a ride this last month especially last week was (5 big locations in 7 days starting with Espinoza home last Monday!)! We found more in this week than in the last 5 years! This team effort was just great!

My next big three targets are Yvonne‘s house, Ballard house and the Vote of Confidence Ensemble with pool at the end! I posted sketches for two of them yesterday .

join me and we‘ll find these three quickly as well!

Edited by Tom

On 6/15/2020 at 4:34 AM, Tom said:

Wow, everything fits. The house where Lombard sat was extended from a single floor to a higher two story building. But everything is in place. I add the best pics I found. The paved driveway was replaced with stone tiles, but everything perfectly recognizable. Congrats again! We are lucky again that there are pictures on the ground and inside to prove it.

NEW LOCATION FOUND: LOMBARD´S HIDEAWAY HOUSE, 655 N. MASHTA DRIVE, KEY BISCAYNE

That was the last fancy residence in the series that was lost! Great achievement, but also somewhat sad that there are no more ...What´s left are a few ordinary homes (Ballard house, Yvonne house), an ensemble of buildings with pool (Vote of confidence) and around 15-20 smaller locations. Everything else from the long bucket list on May 12 (30 locations left at that time) we have found in last month in a great team effort!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.23.17.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.23.32.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.24.05.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.24.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.24.34.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.25.04.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.25.18.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.25.33.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.25.47.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.25.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.26.14.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.26.27.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.26.40.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.26.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.27.06.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 10.27.18.png

Wow Great work. He was Chevy Chase's neighbor in Caddy Shack. Interesting little house.