Episode 100- To have and to hold (aka Second Chance)

Tom

vor 44 Minuten schrieb Paul Veres:

I did ask him if he was the one who bought the collection from Bob Hoelscher Jr. in 2022, but he missed answering that :cool:

I also inquired about 2 more locations (kill site and safe house) and he said that he's not with his archive right now but will check next time when he's there. I assume the guy travels a lot, and if we're indeed talking about those 10 boxes, it makes sense he doesn't have them handy at any given moment - I am given no timeline for that next time, so the best I can do now is just wait until he gets back to me.

As a side note, his September event website is up - this is the website and ticket sale organized by him and Rick Bravo: miamiviceevents.com. Recall this is NOT the older website (by Steve Palmer ?) viceevent.com which Derek originally collaborated with.

Derek has been the one pulling in the MV cast, organizing the Avalon hotel and MPDP participation, and planning the memorabilia exhibition, etc. So from what I can tell (this is all in my opinion given the Instagram post and my communication with him), Vice Event Inc (viceevent.com) won't be able to pull off anything advertised because Derek was the one writing the ticket descriptions there anyway, and basically took all that with him to the new entity.

Thanks! Let’s not forget the shooting range and the carpentry, both in eps very close (in the same box?) to Second Chance/the Ballard house.

Edited by Tom

20 hours ago, Tom said:

now with the location list of this episode organized by @Paul Vereswe know that they indeed filmed inside Lincoln Theater which was closed at the time for renovation. Interesting.

Yes that's interesting, the renovation must have taken place after the New World Symphony bought it in 1990, otherwise who would have been investing in the renovation.

So I think between 1980 and 1990 it was just sitting closed. Which probably made it an easier choice for the crew anyway, than dealing with the schedules of an operating movie theater. I'm just impressed then they got the old equipment going to show a movie.

As a side note though, the more I look at this frame, the more I think that the carpeting was maybe already gone by 1988 - that floor looks like bare concrete with some glue and other installation traces. Usually theater floor would have some more recognizable floor pattern or texture. Those plush seats were also probably full of dust! :)

vlcsnap-2024-02-19-11h52m00s096.png.cd0e30676077d925f222369ff29c5667.png