Sign in to follow this  
Ferrariman

Episode #17 "The Maze"

vicegirl85    387
vicegirl85

Just watched this ep two nights ago.  Remembered bits and pieces but it was much better and more gripping than I remembered.  Hard to add to what Deep Cover said above!  

Crockett, Tubbs, and Castillo were all superbly acted.  The loose cannon cop, Duryea, was the perfect example of how making it personal could easily heighten the danger and risk the life of even more officers--especially Tubbs, in this case.  The actor who played him did a good job as well.  Agree that Lt. Davis was great, very believable.

• Like 1

Miami Vice 1984    42
Miami Vice 1984
On February 15, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Tony D. said:

The story starts out sad with the young cop getting shot. Good action with Sonny chasing the punks in the mall. My favorite part is PMT singing, "Livin' the Book of My Life." He's got a good lead role in this episode. I rate it an 8 for the song! P.S. - A couple years ago, my wife & I stayed at a timeshare condo in Daytona Beach, and next door was an abandoned apt. building that looked like "The Maze"! We even saw cops searching it at night for homeless squatters or drug addicts. Needless to say we didn't get a timeshare!But what a Miami Vice experience I enjoyed!!!! :thumbsup::cool:

My aggressive yet reasonable campaign to share PMT's LP version concludes lol. Ask and you shall (have received) the full recorded song (and album) below.

Like I mentioned in your PMT Fave Moment thread. PMT singing the song was also the highlight of the episode. And really a Top 10 memorable moment in the enitre series for me. Appropriate that it was a PMT-centric episode.

I may upload the entire LP in one vid. Some people like that. However I like my playlist of separate songs that plays one right after the other. Especially since Livin' the Book of My Life can be listened to by itself. I like being able to hear separate tracks ( I do that on my live amusement park shows YouTube channel also fwiw). It is interesting to see which ones are more popular. I like Fish and Chips but that one hasn't been viewed much. Maybe people will aprreciate it more in context of one vid.

So here's the link to the PMT vids and 411 thread for fans who aren't aware of it. I'd say remembers will be by now lol It makes sense posting it in The Maze thread and should have done it in the first place:

• Like 1

Matt5    1,919
Matt5

Good points - love that song also :D

Remington    127
Remington

Kind of a mixed bag here.

I dig the opening and basically the first 15 mins.

Once the hotel is introduced, the episode kinda runs out of steam. Except for Tubbs singing.

Its cool to see Ving Rahmes. I couldn't even recognize him.

The ending was decent.

Goes to show ya that even the weakest S1 episodes are still decent.

6/10