What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

I agree. Even some deeper tracks from those artists would be an upgrade, but the film seems a bit too "blockbuster" for that. 

Edited by Dadrian

20 minutes ago, Marc said:

Yeah I think everyone on here would really enjoy the movie. Porsche 911's being driven at high speeds, 1989 Berlin setting,  Charlize Theron looking drop dead gorgeous in and out of every costume. The cinematography is beautiful and every track is instantly recognisable as the well established hits of the era.  New Order, Cure, Bowie, Depeche Mode, George Michael and then the occasional German hits, 99 red balloons, Falco. Mostly original versions with a few covers blended in. I'd just like the music supervisor and director to have have been a bit more original though. I can't listen to I Ran by Flock of Seagulls one more time without just thinking they're ripping off Grand Theft Auto.

I agree. Even some deeper tracks from those artists would be an upgrade, but the film seems a bit too "blockbuster" for that. 

I did a bit more reading and research and found this really good article on a subject that most people tend overlook. Paying and negotiating for the licences.

Even mentioned how Berlin - “Take My Breath Away” was originally in the temp cut of one of the fight scenes but it was they had legal problems clearing it.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/atomic-blonde-1980-soundtrack-2017-7

Also it stuck out to me that Grosse Pointe Blank (1997) and Atomic Blonde (2017) share three of the same songs on both their soundtracks. Quite unusual thing to happen.

Cities in Dust - Siouxsie and the Banshees, Under Pressure - David Bowie & Queen, 99 Luftballons - Nena. They both feature different songs by the Clash too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119229/soundtrack

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2406566/soundtrack

When you think about it, this is actually a pretty awesome music video for its time. The pencil stroke sequences all had to be drawn by hand using a rotoscope, without the help of modern-day computer effects...

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Great video! Directed by Lol Creme! Yep, the "you make me wanna cry" from Definitely Miami guy. :) 

On 18/08/2017 at 0:18 PM, Daytona74 said:

When you think about it, this is actually a pretty awesome music video for its time. The pencil stroke sequences all had to be drawn by hand using a rotoscope, without the help of modern-day computer effects...

Pure early Season 2 Vice  :hippie:

This rocks... :thumbsup:

Skunk Anansie are a British alternative rock band who mainly had hits in Europe in the late 1990s.

Edited by Daytona74

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I heard this earlier today. Really great sounds! Cool video for musicians, too.

Funny This came up on my iPhone today and Mystery Lady great 1986 feel :hippie::tasse_prost:

• Like 1