What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

No mysteries here in these short clips as to why Jan Hammer referred to this as the synth that is the sound of Miami Vice:

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Sounds a lot like the synth used in "The Hit List" during the chase after the Castranova hit. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

This Jan Hammer song was not in Miami Vice, but it easily could have been--maybe even should have been:

The Fairlight Series III piano, the pulsing bass, the Rockman distortion rhythm guitar, analog/FM pads, and industrial drum machine sounds are a great blend of Season 2 and 3 textures in this flawless composition/recording. :thumbsup::radio:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Thanks 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

This Jan Hammer song was not in Miami Vice, but it easily could have been--maybe even should have been:

The Fairlight Series III piano, the pulsing bass, the Rockman distortion rhythm guitar, analog/FM pads, and industrial drum machine sounds are a great blend of Season 2 and 3 textures in this flawless composition/recording. :thumbsup::radio:

definitely one of the best tracks on that album, Dadrian... :thumbsup:

It veers off towards "Chariots of Fire" in places, but not in a bad way... ;)

And now for something completely different...

One of Boney M's last songs before they disbanded. Actually a Tony Esposito cover.

I suspect some Fairlight stuff going on on that track as well... especiall in the section from 3:35 mins...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Marc said:

INXS appeared in four episodes, is that the record?

Phil Collins' music appeared in 6 episodes...7 if you count Genesis.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

And now for something completely different...

One of Boney M's last songs before they disbanded. Actually a Tony Esposito cover.

I suspect some Fairlight stuff going on on that track as well... especiall in the section from 3:35 mins...

Very cool track. I think I hear some Fairlight, too, along with some DX7. 

Possibly Vince Clarke's most awesome creation outside of Depeche Mode and Erasure :thumbsup:

I actually had to google that synthesizer, never heard of a "Sequential Circuits Pro One" before. Was that a big name in 80s synths?

3 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

I actually had to google that synthesizer, never heard of a "Sequential Circuits Pro One" before. Was that a big name in 80s synths?

Yes! Not as big as their Prophet 5, but still a legend. Howard Jones made some of my favorite Pro One parts. Great post! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Yes! Not as big as their Prophet 5, but still a legend. Howard Jones made some of my favorite Pro One parts. Great post! :thumbsup:

Great songs! :hippie:

Seems like a pretty awesome piece of kit, going by what you see on Youtube... :thumbsup:

Some more 80s greatess:

Alphaville were the hottest ticket in German synth pop between 1984 and 1986. The violins on that track are just divine if you ask me. Alphaville was one of the first bands that I was ever a fan of... along with Depeche Mode.  I was collecting both Alphaville and Depeche Mode singles by age ten... :)

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

If you go to an Alice Cooper concert, there is a high probability that you will count it as your greatest concert ever.

I saw him live in 1998. Nothing else comes close to it. I saw bands like Van Halen, Bon Jovi and Red Hot Chili Peppers in their prime, back in the day. None of their shows were as cool as what Alice Cooper does on stage.

This is one of my all time favorite songs by him. I just love his offbeat, mentally unstable persona.

12 minutes ago, Marc said:

On the subject of synths. This guy has an interesting YouTube channel with a couple of uploads.

Impressive camera work and studio space even if the wall is just decoration. 

Yeah I've seen that. Cool!

I don' think I've ever posted this before. It was edited together in 1983 and I remember finding it in the early days of YouTube in 2008.

Two classic songs, Pete Shelly and Simple Minds cut to some awesome helicopter chases.