What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, Sonny-Burnett said:

First released back in the Blind Faith Days, this is the 2007 version with Winwood and Mr Slow Hand himself, Eric Clapton.

Nice guitar solos! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Was anybody aware that Gary Numan is making a new album? It ain't exactly New Wave but do you think this could be the type of stuff a MV reboot would/should use?

22 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Nice guitar solos! :thumbsup:

Can't get much better than that...Winwood and Clapton at the Crossroads Guitar event. I never realized how good Winwood was on the guitar, and I have listened to his vocals since his days in Traffic.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, James said:

Was anybody aware that Gary Numan is making a new album? It ain't exactly New Wave but do you think this could be the type of stuff a MV reboot would/should use?

It sounds to me more like a theme WWE would use for a PPV event. Michael Cole saying Snickers presents SummerSlam! over the top of it.

The synthy bit is decent and I'm happy he's took a half step away from trying to be a goth rock star. It's the right direction but still feels influenced by Pop Metal.

Slightly unusual taste in music for the 14-year-old that I was back then, but I was a really big fan of the album "I'm Your Man".

My older brother got me into Leonard Cohen, and he let me tape the album off his CD, and I used to play it to death on my Aiwa walkman... :)

vor 5 Stunden schrieb James:

Classic!

Boy, that brings back memories... :thumbsup:

Kind of a shame that Sonique dropped out of sight again after just two or three hits. I think I read somewhere that she now works as a successful dance music producer behind the scenes.

Edited by Daytona74

• Administrators

For the next 5 days I'm only listening to music which was in the top 40 charts on the week leading up to 9/11. I think this might be my favourite song from it.