James

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Recommended Posts

Daytona74
vor 15 Minuten schrieb Matt5:

Lily was Here was a great track :dance2:

and it kind of launched Candy Dulfer's career as a very respectable saxophonist... one of her albums was even nominated for a Grammy, and she worked with Prince and Pink Floyd...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James

Starting watching "The Deuce" and found my new theme song in it. :p 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daytona74

 

Thinking about starting to rewatch Fargo season one... kind of perfect for the bleak November weather we're having here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

 

Thinking about starting to rewatch Fargo season one... kind of perfect for the bleak November weather we're having here...

Great series and Season 2 - have you seen Season 3 any good?:hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daytona74
vor 24 Minuten schrieb Matt5:

Great series and Season 2 - have you seen Season 3 any good?:hippie:

eh... season 3 was kind of all over the place. It got a lot of positive reviews, but it just felt like they were starting to lose the plot. It just went a little too far "out there" for me. The show just began to bask in its own weirdness too much.

You could even forgive season two its ludicrous aliens subplot. Because it was just so good all things considered. Season three was just a bit "neither here nor there", it lacked the tight storytelling of S1 and S2. If you liked season one and two, maybe you will like the third season as well. But there's about an even chance you will feel disappointed because they just didn't go the right way with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daytona74

 

I dare you to name more than a handful of other songs that are as quintessentially "mid-80s" as this :thumbsup::radio:

To me, it has one of the finest synth hooks of that era...

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James

Wooow

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
On 08/11/2017 at 2:06 PM, Daytona74 said:

eh... season 3 was kind of all over the place. It got a lot of positive reviews, but it just felt like they were starting to lose the plot. It just went a little too far "out there" for me. The show just began to bask in its own weirdness too much.

You could even forgive season two its ludicrous aliens subplot. Because it was just so good all things considered. Season three was just a bit "neither here nor there", it lacked the tight storytelling of S1 and S2. If you liked season one and two, maybe you will like the third season as well. But there's about an even chance you will feel disappointed because they just didn't go the right way with it.

Thankyou for that - I would still like to check it out , but kind of you for your information :hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
16 hours ago, jpm1 said:

 

Thankyou for posting - a good one !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marc

Suuuuuuper cheesy. Never heard this before until just now. 

Peter Gaberial sample in there too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
summer84
27 minutes ago, Marc said:

Suuuuuuper cheesy. Never heard this before until just now. 

Peter Gaberial sample in there too.

I had no idea some rapper made an entire song about MV. That was fun to listen to. :) Thanks for sharing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
2 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I had no idea some rapper made an entire song about MV. That was fun to listen to. :) Thanks for sharing. 

Yes Summer - I had no idea either - fun I agree :hippie::funky:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
9 hours ago, Marc said:

Suuuuuuper cheesy. Never heard this before until just now. 

Peter Gaberial sample in there too.

I hadn't heard this either. Although it's full of cringe, it's surprisingly enjoyable to listen to. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
7 hours ago, summer84 said:

:radio:

One of the best songs on GTA 5.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
On 07/11/2017 at 6:49 PM, Daytona74 said:

and it kind of launched Candy Dulfer's career as a very respectable saxophonist... one of her albums was even nominated for a Grammy, and she worked with Prince and Pink Floyd...

I never knew that .. thankyou :hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
15 hours ago, MTVcops said:

 

Great from the Season 2 premiere “Prodigal Son”:hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5

Produced around the time jazz great ,Miles Davis guest starred in Miami Vice in the fall of 1985:hippie:

 

Edited by Matt5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now