BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

On 4/25/2023 at 11:32 PM, Tom said:

1985: DJ with Patti D´Arbanville (guest starring in Back in the world), mother of his son Jesse (born 1982). They were never married BTW. 

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-11 um 23.36.20.png

No wonder Jesse is a such a handsome guy.

49 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I know...I thought of that, too, LOL! :) But, this was early-mid 1984, so they didn't know they'd be ratings rivals yet.

Whose brilliant idea it was pitting Vice against Dallas? Totally different fandoms, far as I know.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, johnnyfarragut said:

Whose brilliant idea it was pitting Vice against Dallas? Totally different fandoms, far as I know.

Not sure whose idea it was, but yes, two different types of shows...but both had very strong/dedicated fanbases (still do)! So, it was dumb putting them up against each other. But, Dallas was a long-running stronghold by then, and had the strongest ratings of any show at the time. So, like it or not, any show, despite how popular it was, was going to have a tough time competing with ratings and viewers of Dallas. At the time, that was a death-sentence for any show. :eek: My gosh, the show had 14 seasons, which at that time was almost unheard of for primetime drama. However, its spin-off, Knots Landing, also ended up with 14 seasons. 

But, over the years/decades, I'd say MV has grown in its fanbase, and has just as strong of one (maybe stronger/bigger now than when it was originally on) as Dallas...maybe even stronger than it, too! :thumbsup:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 3

On 4/18/2021 at 10:48 AM, Tom said:

Pilot. I think that will be the last BTS I´ll post, as the last few ones (except Lou de Long´s by Dadrian) haven´t found any feedback or interest anymore....

brothers-keeper-episode-1-air-date-07011984-pictured-miguel-pinero-as-picture-id138445278.jpeg

Miguel Piñero IMO was extremely well chosen as Calderone. And he was such a versatile actor, that even though he was the epic arch-nemesis from S1, he could be re-cast as a different character in 'Prodigal Son' with hardly anyone noticing it was him.

prod26a.jpg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Miguel Piñero IMO was extremely well chosen as Calderone. And he was such a versatile actor, that even though he was the epic arch-nemesis from S1, he could be re-cast as a different character in 'Prodigal Son' with hardly anyone noticing it was him.

prod26a.jpg

Very amazing actor, and writer...as he wrote episodes of MV (including "Smuggler's Blues"), too! :thumbsup:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

DJ at interview in season 2

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-11 um 23.36.57.png

That blazer was in a couple of S2 episodes btw., never combined with a henley shirt though. But DJ wore pieces from Crockett's wardrobe off-screen sometimes.

Bushido
bushido16.jpg

Phil The Shilphil28.jpg

Little Miss Dangerousmiss11.jpg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, daytona365 said:

never combined with a henley shirt though.

One Way Ticket: 

IMG_6204.png

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, daytona365 said:

I stand corrected!

We’re all on the same team here :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Stand-in Sara Rodgers (left) and script supervisor at the set of Indian Wars, photo credit: Sara Rodgers.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-27 um 19.03.53.png

• Like 7

On 5/3/2023 at 12:38 AM, Tom said:

Stand-in Sara Rodgers (left) and script supervisor at the set of Indian Wars, photo credit: Sara Rodgers.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-27 um 19.03.53.png

Thanks, this brought back a few memories of my short time in production.  I recall the script supervisor (Tom, I believe was his name) sitting in a chair behind the camera for every take with script in hand, as you see her holding, making sure all the dialogue was correct.  Also his assistant, who was a friend of mine, had her Polaroid camera and a lanyard around her neck with photographs hanging from it.  The photos were for continuity and all had sharpie written on the bottom and back with scene details and notes.  

These are the people responsible for missing all the tiny details that flub spotters like to point out!  Perhaps a thankless job? :p

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Little Prince

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-03 um 09.42.30.png

Thanks for the post. Great weapon but with limited range.

• Like 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb miamijimf:

Thanks for the post. Great weapon but with limited range.

Right. Typical shotgun. Very dangerous at short range, ripping a body in pieces, but very ineffective at longer distance due to scattering.

I remember walking around the Trail Glades Rifle range on US41 and getting hit with a few shotgun pellets when we were in line with their Trap or Skeet Ranges.  But it didn't hurt at all.  The ranges were a distance away and the shot had lost its punch.