BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Bad Timimg

IMG_8446.jpeg

Tubbs and his little “pea shooter”. :p I know Philip Michael Thomas didn’t like guns & basically opted to have the little snub-nose most of the time, but it still comes across a little “silly” on a show like MV.

Even though several cities’ law enforcement departments may have still used them in the early to mid 80s, on a show like MV (which was basically & pun “intended”, big-guns everything) it came across a little Charlie’s Angels-ish. ;)

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ViceFanMan:

Tubbs and his little “pea shooter”. :p I know Philip Michael Thomas didn’t like guns & basically opted to have the little snub-nose most of the time, but it still comes across a little “silly” on a show like MV.

Even though several cities’ law enforcement departments may have still used them in the early to mid 80s, on a show like MV (which was basically & pun “intended”, big-guns everything) it came across a little Charlie’s Angels-ish. ;)

I also heard that Philipp Michael Thomas disliked guns. I think I had read somewhere that he never had held a gun in hands before he played Tubbs.  But on this picture, he looks a bit like an armed priest, doesn't he?:dance2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Christine said:

I also heard that Philipp Michael Thomas disliked guns. I think I had read somewhere that he never had held a gun in hands before he played Tubbs.  But on this picture, he looks a bit like an armed priest, doesn't he?:dance2:

Yeah, he did not like guns, and wanted nothing to do with them outside of the action scenes, when they obviously were required. ;) But, from what I understand Mann & production had all the cast members pass the real life law enforcement shooting range, and get trained on how to realistically hold the guns when shooting, before they were allowed to handle the weapons on set.

Tubbs does look a bit overdressed for his little cap-gun, lol…even Gina & Trudy had bigger guns sometimes! :p

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ViceFanMan said:

Tubbs does look a bit overdressed for his little cap-gun, lol…even Gina & Trudy had bigger guns sometimes! :p

Maybe he had nothing for which to compensate :) 

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Maybe he had nothing for which to compensate :) 

He had his big “sawed off” shotgun, if he’d of chosen to use it. ;) :p

• Like 2

He had his big “sawed off” shotgun, if he’d of chosen to use it. ;) :p

I guess we all have our moments :) :) :) 

• Haha 1

Lend me an ear, John Glover in discussion with late Director of Photography Oliver Wood. Photo credit: Joey Morelli

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-04 um 17.36.35.png

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Late John Matuszak (Viking bikers from hell) joking around on set

Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-12 um 15.18.19.png

“Hey Napoleon. Gimme your tots.” :) 

• Like 1

That is a still from a scene in Heart of Night- Castillo wakes up May Ying in his house -  that was actually filmed, but cut out before airing (as I showed with the daily production notes in the location thread for this episode)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-09 um 21.48.32.png

• Like 5

There’s a Japanese MV VHS on eBay. Has anybody ever seen this photo of Saundra Santiago (on the back of the case)? I hadn’t before this: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126290855304?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lgi0xapqsig&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=pubP6yz6RwS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

IMG_7265.jpeg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

There’s a Japanese MV VHS on eBay. Has anybody ever seen this photo of Saundra Santiago (on the back of the case)? I hadn’t before this: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126290855304?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lgi0xapqsig&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=pubP6yz6RwS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

IMG_7265.jpeg

I don’t remember seeing that pic of her on any MV home video or memorabilia material before…but it does look somewhat familiar, with pulling her sunglasses down like that. I feel like I’ve seen that pic somewhere?? For $143, it better be the best VHS ever created! :eek: ;)

• Haha 1

I don’t remember seeing that pic of her on any MV home video or memorabilia material before…but it does look somewhat familiar, with pulling her sunglasses down like that. I feel like I’ve seen that pic somewhere?? For $143, it better be the best VHS ever created! :eek: ;)

They look like the shades she wears at the pool when she confronts Arroyo near the end of Bought and Paid for (which were her own personal pair, she told me). 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

They look like the shades she wears at the pool when she confronts Arroyo near the end of Bought and Paid for (which were her own personal pair, she told me). 

You are correct, the shades she wears at the end of “Bought and Paid For” when confronting & baiting Arroyo were her own personal sunglasses…and were breathtaking on her! :cool: :happy: No other “wardrobe department” pair could have had the same effect.

Whether or not those are the same pair in that photo on the back of the Japanese VHS box, I’m not sure? But, they very well could be…they look very similar, and she could have worn them in other episodes/scenes (and I just haven’t noticed before)—or she could have used them in other promo pics for the show, too.

Also, I realize some memorabilia things may be somewhat rare, and that might make them more expensive, but with MV, the couple episodes released on VHS back then (I think just the pilot & Prodigal Son) really aren’t that rare or sought after anymore.

The entire series is now available on DVD or Blu-ray…and the VHS versions would be the same, content wise. So, to me $143 for just one episode is insane! :eek: For that price it better be the whole series, with original commercial-bumpers & special features included! :p

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 3