BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

I saw this on Instagram today. Has it been posted here before?

C2FA4CA1-C153-455A-B888-69DC3670BB50.jpeg

Yes (bad news I know :p) but hard to keep track with so many pictures posted

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

found on the internet. Looks like Rick Bravo measures the light for a scene in Little Prince. 

P.S. the lady playing the office clerk here later processed Stone in Stone´s war as fiercely looking immigration officer.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-19 um 12.28.01.png

• Like 7

On 1/21/2023 at 6:07 AM, Tom said:

P.S. the lady playing the office clerk here later processed Stone in Stone´s war as fiercely looking immigration officer.

"I smell Big Brother."

"No, you smell yourself, take a bath."

:D

• Haha 4

72E6D759-CB99-48C8-BFF4-C6A00EA6DDD3.thumb.jpeg.5435a9f6480566b4398088954c56ff34.jpegHeart Of Darkness in July 1984. This was the first time filming in over 3 months for everyone after the initial break after the pilot in April 1984. You just know these guys are like “We’re on to something here, we gotta make this work”. Great performances all round. 

• Like 7

It was probably stated earlier, but I’m just realizing/remembering Joey was one of the goons. Very cool! I love all these from Lend me an Ear @Tom—of my favorite episodes visually. 

Edited by Dadrian

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

It was probably stated earlier, but I’m just realizing/remembering Joey was one of the goons. Very cool! I love all these from Lend me an Ear @Tom—of my favorite episodes visually. 

Me too, I like the chick in the pool.

5 hours ago, Tom said:

late season 3

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-09 um 21.41.16.png

Side note: Recently, one of my Instagram followers helped me (finally) purchase this jacket (not screen-worn).  :fireworks:

• Like 1

The Dykstra house in Lend me an ear (photo credit: Joey Morelli). The home owner at the time is on the upper balcony.

P.S. the house was so badly remodelled years ago, I could cry.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-04 um 17.37.39.png

• Like 3

On 1/21/2023 at 3:07 AM, Tom said:

found on the internet. Looks like Rick Bravo measures the light for a scene in Little Prince. 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-19 um 12.28.01.png

He’s almost certainly measuring the distance to the focal plane of the camera lens.  Was he assistant camera?   They’re also known as the focus puller.  

For every setup, they measure to ensure proper focus.  If the camera moves or the focus shifts from one actor to another or from the background to foreground, they measure all those distances.  They mark them temporarily on the focus knob with a grease pencil and have to adjust it while the scene is being filmed.  It takes good timing and a smooth movement to accomplish.  The Panaflex cameras they used had a little hook on the side of it where the lens was located inside.  The tape measure has a loop that attaches to it to make measuring easy and quick.

If it was regarding lighting, they would be using a light meter to measure the level on the actors.  They would then have the lighting crew make adjustments.  They also might possibly change lenses, aperture, or filters, but usually those decisions have already been made.  This would be the director of photography or cinematographer doing this.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb pahonu:

He’s almost certainly measuring the distance to the focal plane of the camera lens.  Was he assistant camera?   They’re also known as the focus puller.  

I had to laugh on this, sorry, but yes, he was THE "focus puller" - this was even his first user name. (Many of us seniors here have experienced him in a prior MV forum personally and know what I mean).:p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1