Episode #75 "Missing Hours"

Ferrariman

I rate this episode with a very generous 3, lol. To me, this story did not blend very well with the theme of Miami Vice at all. Season 4's weakest link for me.

• Like 1

It's been six years since I gave this little masterwork of surrealistic dumpster diving a -10. Pretty harsh but this is one weird and incoherent episode that is actually pretty dull for most of it. Chris Rock was a fairly good guest star but even he got lost alongside James Brown who had to have been in a trance to have accepted this script. "I Feel Good", I think they're making fun of us now. I did like the song "Paint the Road" on Gina's radio, the houseboat explosion at the end plus some more of the Noogman. For those three things I will grant a wee bit of mercy and give it a 3/10.

Edited by agent 47
New review due to Blu-ray viewing.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Okay...now I'm mad! I voted a 1 for this episode...not realizing that the 10 above it meant -10--I would have voted that! :evil:Anyway, even though technically my vote is a 1...I'm changing it here to a -10! "Missing Hours" is the worst, most pathetic, stupid, ridiculous, boring, bizarre, piece of "MV" televised trash to ever unfortunately grace the screen during the series!! :sick::eek:"Missing Hours" is the worst episode of the series ("Cows of October" runs a close second) and never should have been filmed or included. I think the writers were sampling that "Miami Snow" while thinking this one up! ;)I hardly ever watch this episode when going through my DVD sets! It's just too irritating and stupid! :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

strange stuff . a bad dream . there's one thing i want to say anyway i was very happy to see Noogie again , i love Izzy but Noogie was very cool too . i thought he was dismissed , and i was happy to see he wasn't :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Utter dreck. Aliens and peanut butter do not belong in Miami Vice. :thumbsdown:I think the reason Trudy looked her best in Season 5 and did such a good job in future episodes like Asian Cut was because Olivia Brown probably felt somewhat responsible for stuff like Missing Hours and tried to make up for it.

-10Absolute, definitively the worst episode in the entire series (Miracle Man & Leap of Faith included).Biggest fail, because at least MM & LOF had real excuses. This one doesn't. Entire cast is there WITH Izzy & Noogie and great guest stars like Chris Rock & James Brown, and still finds a way to fail on every level.Terribly disappointing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OMG what were they thinking??? hope this is as bad as it gets! nothing made sense, bad storyline, not even funny at all. I liked seeing Trudy play a big part but thats about it. I really really wonder why they did an ep like this and I wonder what the crew was thinking when they realized how stupid the script was? Don't think I will watch this one ever again!

• 1 month later...

You know what I wanna know?What was Sonny doing in the fridge?Eingefügtes BildTUBBS: Sonny?Eingefügtes BildCROCKETT: WHAT?!?Eingefügtes BildTUBBS: How many times, Sonny? Please, don't do that in the work fridge!:D :DOh, wait, you want a review of the episode?To that, "Nay nay, I say."It was pretty bad. But, I liked the Crockett and Tubbs interactions, like: "I am not going to look for little green men with you." Beautiful delivery on the line. I would look for little green men with Rico, because I'm a good partner.I liked how the Ferrari broke down...and Sonny's facial expressions.I liked how Crockett said, "You're quick." To Tubbs. Tubbs should have said, "That's what she said." To that.So yeah, all in all, definitely a perfect ten!!!* :D*Please note, this was said with sarcasm. C&T actually rates the episode with a 4. Just for Sonny. :)

• Like 2

You know what I wanna know?What was Sonny doing in the fridge?
I suppose' date=' he was taking something out of it[img']http://cs11133.vkontakte.ru/u5874765/124636428/x_08d9ef09.jpg
TUBBS: Sonny?CROCKETT: WHAT?!?TUBBS: How many times' date=' Sonny? Please, don't do [i']that in the work fridge!
I MAY be mistaking... I have just rewatched this episode. I was intrigued. But that's what I hear:TUBBS: Sonny…CROCKETT: What?! Don’t be sneaking upon me like that!

Yeah. But why was Crockett so defensive, huh? Did you see the way he leapt up from the bottom shelf of that fridge.See, here's my theory. He was trying to destroy.... *whispers* The Number One Cop Mug which magically disappears after this episode....hence why he leapt a foot in the air when Tubbs arrived.What else would he be doing on the bottom shelf of the fridge? :D :DEDIT: Even in your screenshot he looks a bit guilty!! Ha ha!!! I needed something to liven up "Missing Hours", really! :D

Yeah. But why was Crockett so defensive' date=' huh? Did you see the way he leapt up from the bottom shelf of that fridge.See, here's my theory. He was trying to destroy.... *whispers* The Number One Cop Mug which magically disappears after this episode....hence why he leapt a foot in the air when Tubbs arrived.What else would he be doing on the bottom shelf of the fridge? :D :DEDIT: Even in your screenshot he looks a bit guilty!! Ha ha!!! I needed something to liven up "Missing Hours", really! :D[/quote']No! you are totally wrong!He was looking for little green men. If they are little, they can't reach the upper shelf!Oh, I know! THEY stole the cup!

No! you are totally wrong!He was looking for little green men. If they are little' date=' they can't reach the upper shelf!Oh, I know! THEY stole the cup![/quote']"You are quick!" The little green men stole Rico's cup? Hmm. Nay nay I say. That's just crazy, man. I'm on the bus. I'm outta here :DLNGLK, I am not going to look for little green men with you! :D Do they have zippers up the back too?Yes, that was about four Miami Vice quotes in one post. *does fist pump*

LNGLK' date=' I am not going to look for little green men with you! :D Do they have zippers up the back too?[/quote'] Then Crockett was looking for a zipper in the fridge

Terrible. The worst episode of MV. I'll watch Miracle Man & Leap Of Faith again 10x each before I watch this again; The ONLY ep I flat-out refuse to watch again. No redeeming quality whatsoever, even James Brown couldn't save it.-10, maybe less.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Missing Hours....What happens when dog shit lays out, gets hard and turns white and dusty.-10Oh and who the hell rated this clusterfuck a 10?

• Like 1

Missing Hours....What happens when dog shit lays out' date=' gets hard and turns white and dusty.-10Oh and who the hell rated this clusterfuck a 10?[/quote']LOL! :) Now, now...to each his or her own (even if it sucks!) :p I've heard that there are those weird few that actually like the smell or scent of a skunk. Perhaps there are also those sick few who like the smell of old, crusty dog crap? :eek:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

wow...just...woweasily the worst episode of Vice (although I haven't seen leap of faith yet)what was going on? was it all supposed to be a dreamdid they ask some drunks in a bar to make this episode. There must be some story behind the production. No way is this made by a team of professionals. The special effects alone are worth a -10

• 9 months later...

This episode was very hard to digest :D

I just ate this episode tonight and you're right, my stomach hurts now. :):DIt's a shame too because this episode centers around Trudy, which was nice, just wish she had a better story line.

I just ate this episode tonight and you're right' date=' my stomach hurts now. :):DIt's a shame too because this episode centers around Trudy, which was nice, just wish she had a better story line.[/quote']Yeah...this episode will give you not only gas but food poisoning as well if you try and ingest, digest, or any kind of "gest" it at all! :p It's easily the most pathetic and worst episode of the series.I agree, though, it was too bad because it was an episode that centered around Trudy--and that was rare on "MV". However, I can think of two other episodes off-hand that also centered around Trudy and were pretty awesome ("Dutch Oven" and "Hell Hath No Fury").So, she did have a few "shining" moments here and there...but "Missing Hours" was NOT one of them! :sick:

I just ate this episode tonight and you're right' date=' my stomach hurts now. :):DIt's a shame too because this episode centers around Trudy, which was nice, just wish she had a better story line.[/quote']I agree Trudy looked so hot in this episode too - The "alien " /"ufo" white light that came down over the Testarossa was amazingly daft but funny :D

• 2 months later...
Okay...now I'm mad! I voted a 1 for this episode...not realizing that the 10 above it meant -10--I would have voted that! :evil:Anyway' date=' even though technically my vote is a 1...I'm changing it here to a -10! "Missing Hours" is the worst, most pathetic, stupid, ridiculous, boring, bizarre, piece of "MV" televised trash to ever unfortunately grace the screen during the series!! :sick::eek:"Missing Hours" is the worst episode of the series ("Cows of October" runs a close second) and never should have been filmed or included. I think the writers were sampling that "Miami Snow" while thinking this one up! ;)I hardly ever watch this episode when going through my DVD sets! It's just too irritating and stupid! :thumbsdown:[/quote']Mentioning this episode in another thread, I had to come back and still agree with my above post! "Missing Hours" was garbage and again I think the writers were on some of Calderone's "product" when attempting to write an episode. :pI think I last watched this one when the DVD set first came out...and I forced myself to watch it as I wanted to watch every episode on the DVD sets to see how "remastered" and improved they really were. What I found was most of the episode content with each one had been re-done and very "superbly"...however a lot of the openings to the episodes, with the theme song, had not been.Anyway, before the DVD set the last time I watched this was probably around 1996 or so on the cable network fx, which was airing reruns at the time. The first time I ever saw it, unfortunately, was when the episode first aired. It was bad enough then...but like a rotting piece of meat, it only gets worse with age! :sick:Oh yeah, and by the way...my vote is still a -10, even though I originally voted a 1 not realizing the 10 above it was negative-10!

• 2 months later...
Missing Hours....What happens when dog **** lays out' date=' gets hard and turns white and dusty.-10Oh and who the hell rated this clusterfuck a 10?[/quote']
LOL! :) Now' date=' now...to each his or her own (even if it sucks!) :p I've heard that there are those [b']weird few that actually like the smell or scent of a skunk. Perhaps there are also those sick few who like the smell of old, crusty dog crap?
Mentioning this episode in another thread' date=' I had to come back and still agree with my above post! "Missing Hours" was garbage and again I think the writers were on some of Calderone's "product" when [i']attempting to write an episode. :pI think I last watched this one when the DVD set first came out...and I forced myself to watch it as I wanted to watch every episode on the DVD sets to see how "remastered" and improved they really were. What I found was most of the episode content with each one had been re-done and very "superbly"...however a lot of the openings to the episodes, with the theme song, had not been.Anyway, before the DVD set the last time I watched this was probably around 1996 or so on the cable network fx, which was airing reruns at the time. The first time I ever saw it, unfortunately, was when the episode first aired. It was bad enough then...but like a rotting piece of meat, it only gets worse with age! :sick:Oh yeah, and by the way...my vote is still a -10, even though I originally voted a 1 not realizing the 10 above it was negative-10!
These were some of mine and other's earlier posts regarding this episode. Not much has changed. Oh no...I'm to this episode in the series, and I don't know what I was thinking...but I actually decided to watch it again--for the first time in several years! It's still just as stupid, pathetic, annoying, etc...as before! Like I said earlier, like a rotting piece of meat...it only gets worse with age! :sick:The very beginning is somewhat interesting and humorous (but even that is "pushing" it)...with Izzy and Noogie dressed up like moron superheroes, and supposedly helping Stan and Trudy on a stakeout. However, Stan also makes the comment that it was Castillo's idea those flip-zoids help them on the stakeout...I'm sorry but I seriously doubt Castillo would ever want Izzy and Noogie to help them with anything (even though sometimes they did). However, those two's reaction to the whacko-dude ripping his shirt off and throwing himself through a window was funny...the idea of Noogie declaring someone else crazy makes me laugh my butt off! :)However, that's the end of anything even remotely "good" about this garbage. :rolleyes:The plot of this makes no sense! Why did they pick James Brown to be a fictional singer Lou De Long & to be the sort of "spokesperson" for the alien organization? What does peanut butter have to do with anything, and what was up with the abandoned houseboat? The writers had to be on Crack, or wasted, or dreaming about stomach bile & vomit...or all 3 when they came up with this filth! :thumbsdown: This whole thing was all over the place, did not connect up at all, and was completely off the "radar"...and left you going "What the he**?" :radar:Even though this episode revolved around Trudy, and I liked that idea...it still was horrible and even her part was bizarre and ridiculous! :evil: But, I'm sure Olivia Brown did exactly what she was told...it just sadly happened to be crack-head, nonsense. :rolleyes:Again, this is easily the worst episode of not only the series...but possibly of TV show history! Having an episode like this with a show this superb...is like opening up a brand new package of your favorite underwear...only to discover someone already left a skid-mark in one of 'em. :sick: It's utter, complete, "diarrhea" of entertainment and I still cannot believe they left this one in?? :confused: This should have been removed from the original schedule, instead of "Too Much Too Late"! :evil:And I ask the same question that MrsEvanFreed did...who the hell rated this clusterfu** a 10?? I originally rated this a 1...then realized I could have rated it -10. So, even though "technically" I can't...in reality I'm changing my vote to -10 for sure!! :thumbsdown: