Your top three absolute favourite scenes

OskarJ

My third favorite scene :

I get chills at the revealing of Tony Arcaro in the wall with the newspaper headline! Rating - 20- Marty Lang, "I helped him build the wall, he was my partner, you understand, you understand?" Crockett,"Yeah."  "Bro. in Arms" playing----more chills, and more tears,......

• Like 2

This is a great topic!  Thanks for starting it.

It's impossible to limit yourself to three and not leave off some dandies, but I'm gonna play by the rules.  Maybe these are scenes most people wouldn't consider but I really, really love them.  In no particular order:

1) "French Twist"- The bathtub scene with Tubbs and Danielle.  The air is so thick with tension you could cut it with a knife.  Tubbs comes across ice cold, 100% business, and the result is one of his finest moments in the series.  That china mask on the wall was stunningly creepy.  As a whole, this is a greatly under-appreciated episode.  

2) "Sons and Lovers"- The funeral at the end. The Phil Collins music, the guys' suits and sunglasses, and Orlando Calderone's ominous promise all combine to form one of the most special scenes of the season.  A terrific ending to an outstanding season finale that, as far as M.V. finales go, is only bested by "Mirror Image".

3) "Yankee Dollar"- The teaser.  The combination of Par Avion by Mike + The Mechanics, the horrible accident that befalls Sarah, and Sonny's valiant attempt to save her make this almost too heartbreaking to watch.  This certainly deserves to be in the discussion when considering the show's best teasers.

You have no idea how hard it was to limit myself to these!

Edited by mirrorimageegamirorrim
  • Like 3

This is a great topic!  Thanks for starting it.

It's impossible to limit yourself to three and not leave off some dandies, but I'm gonna play by the rules.  Maybe these are scenes most people wouldn't consider but I really, really love them.  In no particular order:

1) "French Twist"- The bathtub scene with Tubbs and Danielle.  The air is so thick with tension you could cut it with a knife.  Tubbs comes across ice cold, 100% business, and the result is one of his finest moments in the series.  That china mask on the wall was stunningly creepy.  As a whole, this is a greatly under-appreciated episode.  

2) "Sons and Lovers"- The funeral at the end. The Phil Collins music, the guys' suits and sunglasses, and Orlando Calderone's ominous promise all combine to form one of the most special scenes of the season.  A terrific ending to an outstanding season finale that, as far as M.V. finales go, is only bested by "Mirror Image".

3) "Yankee Dollar"- The teaser.  The combination of Par Avion by Mike + The Mechanics with the horrible accident that befalls Sarah and Sonny's valiant attempt to save her make this almost too heartbreaking to watch.  This certainly deserves to be in the discussion when considering the show's best teasers.

You have no idea how hard it was to limit myself to these!

Very true - its so hard to limit ! :thumbsup:

It is quite hard to narrow it down to just three, but I would say

1. The end of The Milk Run, simply because it was the very first episode I ever saw and the ending really affected me. I have always liked the way Crockett and Tubbs sit completely defeated on the ground, while the camera zooms out and Jan Hammer's music plays in the background.

2. The 'Brothers in Arms' scene from Out Where The Buses Don't Run. I love the song and the way it was used with the night-time scenes. It has a true melancholy feel to it.

3. The 'Voices' scene with Crockett and Tubbs in the speedboat. I don't think I will ever be able to listen to that song without that scene immediately popping into my mind.

Honourable mentions: 'Cry' scene from Definitely Miami, the shootout at the end of Prodigal Son, In The Air Tonight scene, I Don't Care Anymore scene from No Exit.

The show succeeded so well in juxtaposing great music with action and that is the main reason why I love this show so much.

Edited by Kristina
  • Like 3

Go for it!Mine are:1. Crockett and Tubbs in the speedboat as 'voices' is played in the background2. The classic scene with Crockett and Tubbs in the car driving to the meet with calderone, sonny talking to caroline in the phone booth... in the air tonight in the background.. just so iconic!3. Sonny in the car with Scott Wheeler telling him he knew he's calderone's sourceother contenders are crockett and tubbs driving to the meet with McGill as brothers in arms is played.. beautiful.. and also the scene where Leon is standing on the beach all nervous as girls just wanna have fun's being played! 

Well...2 out of three aren't bad!

I agree with the "Voices" shot as that is also one of my all time favourites when they crash through the waves. Surprizingly it is very true as my boat handles exactly the same!

The driving scene with the camera shining on the reflection of the hood and the wheels while Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" is also timeless.

My third would be the similar scene in the final episode when they are in the white Ferrari and "Bad Attitude" is playing in the background. I absolutely love that song and they are my hometown boys - Honeymoon Suite rock!

Some others I find good and the music fits well is when Sonny is driving across the glades to "Girls with Guns" and in the sand dunes to "Cry"

There are just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many!

• Like 1

Quote : "as MV finales go, it's only bested by "Mirror Image"

Now I wonder why you feel that way, MIIM ! ;):D

• 2 months later...

All my favourites have already been said including the Yankee Dollar teaser and the cry scene which are ridiculously good. So i'll have to think of more..hmm

1. Bought and paid for - The scene where the foreign chick kills herself and Gina shows up at the house with Karla bonoff's Cold wind blows plays, with all the thunder and rain sound effects..It's pretty emotional.

2. One way ticket - Face to Face montage with crockett and john heard. It's awesome.

3. Trust fund pirates - The end shootout on the Jetty at Sunset. It's beautifully shot and any action scene next to the water is always a thumbs up in my book.

Guest MetroVice

For me, and in no particular order, it's when Jim Zubiena took out that George Michael lookin' dude with a double tap and a third follow-up shot . . . That was just pure badness. Next is when Crockett popped Hackett right through his little book and left him laying out on the lawn. My only wish there was that Hackett wouldn't have been shown holding a gun afterward. Third, the iconic "In the Air Tonight" scene where C&T have their night-time drive on their way to deal with ol' Esteban Calderone.

Edited by MetroVice

4. I like the end car chase in Buddies, and the shootout in the house with people jumping through the windows in time to the music xD

5. Lombard - the whole end sequence going from sonny's sailboat to the court house is awesome. and i love the hammer music.

6. Rites of passage - The foreigner scene and the end shootout with Pam Grier. And isn't that one of the only times you see C&Ts walking from OCB to the garage?

ah heck i'll do another one..

7. I love the scene in Golden triangle with C&Ts going to Santucci's pad with all the neon lights and lifted floor. Michael mann had a field day with all that dialogue "The Rico statute, The IGG "ill gotten gains"

Edited by thedeparted94
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

My 3 favourite scenes are -

1) Glades, with Crockett and Tubbs driving to the song `Girls with Guns'. Love that scene.

2) Definitely Miami - with Sonny walking away on the beach at the end to the song `Cry'. Totally iconic.

3) OWTBDR - the Brothers in Arms tune at the end while Crockett and Tubbs slowly walk into the abandoned building.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crockett Theme said:

My 3 favourite scenes are -

1) Glades, with Crockett and Tubbs driving to the song `Girls with Guns'. Love that scene.

2) Definitely Miami - with Sonny walking away on the beach at the end to the song `Cry'. Totally iconic.

3) OWTBDR - the Brothers in Arms tune at the end while Crockett and Tubbs slowly walk into the abandoned building.

Ditto on Definitely Miami, but I'd add to that the scene where Crockett meets Ted Nugent and avoids being shot.

1.) Definitely Miami, as mentioned above

2.) Calderone's Return - the scene where Crockett and Tubbs are going to get Calderone in the boat with "Voices" playing over it.

3.) Evan - where Evan commits suicide

• Like 3

As I've said before, "'Lombard" is my all-time favorite episode, so I could easily say that my top three scenes also fall into that episode. But let's have some variety still... :)

top #3: Evan: Evan Freed talking to Crockett on the St. Vitus.

William Russ truly delivered a stellar performance as a guilt ridden emotionally volatile character on the brink of self destruction throughout the entire episode.

top #2: Bushido: Castillo spotting his old companion Jack Gretsky on the surveillance tape.

Just brilliantly acted by EJO, and with one of Jan Hammer's most haunting scores to boot.

top #1: Lombard: the entire opening scene.

Again, Lombard is my favorite episode, hands-down one of Michael Mann's best works of the entire series. The opening scene beautifully outlines Al Lombard's struggle between his mob empire and being a dad to his estranged son.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 6/6/2018 at 10:41 AM, Matt5 said:

I love the “Voices “scene very much.:hippie:

best scene in entertainment industry history

yeah, voices + stinger + sunset = best way to hypnotise a human being

love also the borrasca ending, when Castillo sits outside his house, and says to Tubbs, all my life i tried to do the good, can you hear what i'm saying

• 1 month later...

One of my favorite scenes was from the nightclub scene from "Brothers Keeper"  the houseband  playing Bette Midler's song 'Only In Miami'

I just love the vibe you get from it.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

One of my favorite scenes was the nightclub scene from "Brothers Keeper"  the  houseband  playing Better Midler song "Only In Miami"

This has always been one of my favorite moments of the series!

I attribute it to the segue of sunset scenes that set it up the night club scene. It seems like I really get the essence of “a day in the life” of South Florida in 1984–working during the day, then going out at night. Of course, the gang was still working at the club, technically. :p

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I attribute it to the segue of sunset scenes that set it up the night club scene. It seems like I really get the essence of “a day in the life” of South Florida in 1984–working during the day, then going out at night. Of course, the gang was still working at the club, technically. :p

Another favorite moment (From "One Way Ticket") I really like is when Sagot enters the bar in Fort Lauderdale and the Kyrie song is playing by Mr Mister, I love the timing of the song as it begins as he walks in, and the way it progresses when he get aggressive with Marcel. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

Wow ,just three. There is more than three for me. 

The first one in the premiere episode in the Daytona with the song in the air tonight that’s iconic .

The other one in the Evan episode Sonny holding Evan after he’s shot and Rico behind him. 

Milk Run when the young man is shot at the airport and Sonny reaction and Rico being his partner and friend and sitting beside Sonny not leaving his side as the body is taken away. 

There is many more moments. 

• Like 3

Another one - the clues scene in "Home Invaders"  the way Castillo is going through the files, and I love the way Sonny's Daytona slows down at the end with Jan's brilliant music. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 10/29/2018 at 2:38 PM, RedDragon86 said:

One of my favorite scenes was from the nightclub scene from "Brothers Keeper"  the houseband  playing Bette Midler's song 'Only In Miami'

On 10/29/2018 at 8:53 PM, Dadrian said:

This is a great comment on the segue.  I really didn't realize how much I liked it and why I liked it until reading your post. 

• Like 3

The pilot is the most “I want to be these people” episode of the series for me. I think that’s at least part of the reason the show got picked up to begin with. 

• Like 2

I'll choose three for right now... tomorrow I might have at least a couple of different ones.

1.  Brother's Keeper--Sonny and Rico driving to the meet while "In the Air tonight" plays.

2.  OWTBDR--final scene, while "Brothers in Arms" plays.

3.  When Irish Eyes are Crying--final scene, with "The Last Unbroken Heart."

• Like 1

Love this topic!

1. This one will ALWAYS be number one for me. Sonny chasing down the helicopter in Prodigal Son and standing in the field with tears in his eyes as it falls from the sky!

2. Evan and the last scene in the Industrial scrap yard. Watching Sonny and Rico move away in slow motion and then, see Evan's realization that now was his chance for redemption. Gives me chills every time I see it. 

3.Forgive Us Our Sins, when Hackman is being released and the look on Sonny's face when he realizes he's been had. 

1 hour ago, mjcmmv said:

Love this topic!

1. This one will ALWAYS be number one for me. Sonny chasing down the helicopter in Prodigal Son and standing in the field with tears in his eyes as it falls from the sky!

2. Evan and the last scene in the Industrial scrap yard. Watching Sonny and Rico move away in slow motion and then, see Evan's realization that now was his chance for redemption. Gives me chills every time I see it. 

3.Forgive Us Our Sins, when Hackman is being released and the look on Sonny's face when he realizes he's been had. 

I’m noticing you like DJ’s face. :p

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I’m noticing you like DJ’s face. :p

LOL!! Yeah, guess I'm giving myself away!!! Always love a scene with Sonny's face!!! 

• Like 1