Your top three absolute favourite scenes

OskarJ

1) Evan is bookended by two great scenes. Both featuring Peter Gabriel. So that's two for one. It's hard to make a choice because that entire ep is filled with good scenes.

2) Child's Play-Sonny's Meltdown in Castillo's office. Castillo lets him vent and then immediately defuses him by admitting he cares about him. And it isnt cheesey in the slightest.

3) Deliver Us From Evil-The "Wrong" scene. When Sonny backs up and pulls the gun, there's a real sense of finality to it. As if things are never going to be the same after this. And Sonny's empty, cold look as we hear Hackman's body slump. Hackman finally pays for everything, and there's real fear when the crucifix is revealed.

Obvious runners-up are In The Air Tonight and Buses Don't Run with Dire Straits, as well as the Chopper scene from Prodigal Son. But they're so obvious and they've been mentioned so much there isn't much to add.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bren10 said:

1) Evan is bookended by two great scenes. Both featuring Peter Gabriel. So that's two for one. It's hard to make a choice because that entire ep is filled with good scenes.

2) Child's Play-Sonny's Meltdown in Castillo's office. Castillo lets him vent and then immediately defuses him by admitting he cares about him. And it isnt cheesey in the slightest.

3) Deliver Us From Evil-The "Wrong" scene. When Sonny backs up and pulls the gun, there's a real sense of finality to it. As if things are never going to be the same after this. And Sonny's empty, cold look as we hear Hackman's body slump. Hackman finally pays for everything, and there's real fear when the crucifix is revealed.

Good choices! 

I was watching Payback today, and that opening sequence with Crockett walking into the jail is awesome, too!

• Like 1

I've always really liked the 'Wrong' scene as well. To me it speaks quite a bit to how much Sonny lost when Hackman murdered Caitlin and their unborn child and how far that pushed him. Hackman had crossed a line, and Sonny followed him to the other side of that line and did what he did.

For some reason I always liked the hotel room scene in Nobody Lives Forever as well. You've got the squad and everyone else trying to read all this into what's going on, and for the kids it's as simple as "we're out of money" and "the bookies always have money." There's just a purity of mayhem there that always struck me.

There are quite a few in Buddies also, but it's hard for me to narrow that one down.

And I'm surprised no one mentioned Castillo's absolutely epic stare in Definitely Miami when he confronts Joe Dalva slumped on the sidewalk in the wreckage of his career. No one speaks, not shots are fired, but there is a finality in Castillo's eyes that's deadlier than any gunshot we ever see.

• Like 3

I just rewatched it, and I have to toss in the scene with Crockett and Robbie in Robbie's office from Buddies. The music's perfect, Robbie's emotions are raw and believable, and Sonny has just the right amount of anger. A great scene.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 6:34 PM, Robbie C. said:

I just rewatched it, and I have to toss in the scene with Crockett and Robbie in Robbie's office from Buddies. The music's perfect, Robbie's emotions are raw and believable, and Sonny has just the right amount of anger. A great scene.

That is an exceptional scene,  I think that scene contains one the best pieces of writing in the show.

The baptism was an excellent scene as well, you can so feel Sonny's disappointment in Robbie and the music is perfection.

I love "Buddies"

Edited by RedDragon86

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

That is an exceptional scene,  I think that scene contains one the best pieces of writing in the show.

The baptism was an excellent scene as well, you can so feel Sonny's disappointment in Robbie and the music is perfection.

I love "Buddies"

Frank Military wrote that one. He’s continued to do good work with NCIS LA,  both as a writer and producer. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

Frank Military wrote that one. He’s continued to do good work with NCIS LA,  both as a writer and producer. 

Great scene and writer :clap: