I'm on JURY DUTY right now! KEEP ME COMPANY!

COOPER&BURNETT

I'm on jury duty right now! I'm sitting here till 5pm PST on 2-9-09.Write me so I can have something to do. I'm board.I only notice ONE other person who brought a computer! I'm being stared at, as everyone wishes THEY had brought a computer.They have wireless internet access here, but I brought DVDs to play just in case they didn't have wireless. There are about...I' don't know, 200 people here. Write me. ...I've got nothing to do.:cry:

I will expect to hear you have dispensed some justice. This past year I was on jury duty and even got picked for a criminal trial. Couldn't believe it. The prosecutor is an old friend, as was the judge. They nearly fell out of their chairs. The defense attorney had know me for many years, and in spite of my background he figured I would be fair.I was fair, and impartial. But his client was a child molestor, and the prosecutor had a slam dunk case. Even then some of the jurors wanted to argue that a 3 year old might not tell things the way they were. I pointed out that the child not only told us what happened, but the doctor also told us the facts. Whew! Don't bring TWELVE ANGRY MEN to watch!!!

I will expect to hear you have dispensed some justice. This past year I was on jury duty and even got picked for a criminal trial. Couldn't believe it. The prosecutor is an old friend' date=' as was the judge. They nearly fell out of their chairs. The defense attorney had know me for many years, and in spite of my background he figured I would be fair.I was fair, and impartial. But his client was a child molestor, and the prosecutor had a slam dunk case. Even then some of the jurors wanted to argue that a 3 year old might not tell things the way they were. I pointed out that the child not only told us what happened, but the doctor also told us the facts. Whew! Don't bring TWELVE ANGRY MEN to watch!!![/quote'] Thanks for writing! It takes me a moment with this little keypad and lame laptop mouse.I'm suprised they picked you due to your law enforcement background, and having known poeple! Glad they chose you. I love cops is one of my favorite sayings.People here seem to be longing to use this computer, and seem to stare at the MIAMI VICE themed pictures on the homepage. Should I lease this machine out at 10 min times for say...$10?

I'm surprised they're letting you surf the net. This must not be a "high profile" case where they'd want to keep you away from any previous media coverage of the crime.

Thanks for writing guys!I was in the jury lounge waiting to be picked. Then, right after I answered Jurrasic narcs reply, ....the battery on the computer went out!!! Also, there was no plug to plug it into!It kind of turned out all right, as not 15 minutes after my battery went dead, I was called to go to a jury room. Can't use it there, or for the rest of the day. But what would have happened to me IF I wasn't called? I'd be a smuck with a computer with nothing working!!I got a new laptop, so I figured I'd bring it and some dvds to watch to keep me entertained at jury duty.I have a question for you if you have basic knowledge on computers, so I need help.Nothing indicated to me that the battery was low, until the little battery light flashed and the screen went dark. Why was the battery low, I never drain it.I charged it originally when I got it a month ago. It is ALWAYS plugged in, and never used on battery. So why did my battery run out within an hour????Need help on this one.

I'm not computer smart but with my laptop, it only has about 2 hrs. without being plugged. Everything pulls on the juice. Pictures, flash, whatever. So I run low quick unplugged if I log on any website when I'm out working.If I just do my paperwork then it will last. Oh yes, I was also told that my desktop had to have folders also, with no pictures left out cause that sucks it up also.Hope it helps some!!

I'm not computer smart but with my laptop' date=' it only has about 2 hrs. without being plugged. Everything pulls on the juice. Pictures, flash, whatever. So I run low quick unplugged if I log on any website when I'm out working.If I just do my paperwork then it will last. Oh yes, I was also told that my desktop had to have folders also, with no pictures left out cause that sucks it up also.Hope it helps some!![/quote']It does.However, I saw the only two people who had laptops on them still when I came back about 8 hours later. No place to plug in either. Do they know something I don't?

I tried my best to make Jury Duty a "MIAMI VICE DAY".1. I listened to JAN HAMMER's COMPLETE COLLECTION cd2 on the way there.2. Couldn't dress like crockett (too cold), but wore the raybans, and didn't shave.3. On the steps of the courthouse, I replayed in my mind every scene VICE had on the steps, including hearing JAN HAMMER's music in my head while envisoning scenes like NO EXIT, LEON walking away from the courthouse in the pilot episode amoung others.4. (this is NOT a joke) One of the names of the jurors that was called out was, "PHILIP THOMAS". No idea what his middle name was.5. I ate a hotdog from a hotdog vendor right off the courthouse steps ala MILK RUN. (No stingray convertibles to dump it into, so I ate it.)6. Went online to MIAMI-VICE.WS on the computer at the courthouse & brought MIAMI VICE DVD's to watch (if I had a battery that lasted longer).7. Listened to JAN HAMMER on the way home.8. Went to VICE.WS right when I came home.

Hey cool. I'm smiling. Never thought I'd know enough about pc's so I'm stoaked. LOLOLYou can buy a different battery that has a longer unplugged life. I believe it depends on how much your willing to pay!

Hey cool. I'm smiling. Never thought I'd know enough about pc's so I'm stoaked. LOLOLYou can buy a different battery that has a longer unplugged life. I believe it depends on how much your willing to pay!

Is that true??

I tried my best to make Jury Duty a "MIAMI VICE DAY".1. I listened to JAN HAMMER's COMPLETE COLLECTION cd2 on the way there.2. Couldn't dress like crockett (too cold)' date=' but wore the raybans, and didn't shave.3. On the steps of the courthouse, I replayed in my mind every scene VICE had on the steps, including hearing JAN HAMMER's music in my head while envisoning scenes like NO EXIT, LEON walking away from the courthouse in the pilot episode amoung others.4. (this is NOT a joke) One of the names of the jurors that was called out was, "PHILIP THOMAS". No idea what his middle name was.5. I ate a hotdog from a hotdog vendor right off the courthouse steps ala MILK RUN. (No stingray convertibles to dump it into, so I ate it.)6. Went online to MIAMI-VICE.WS on the computer at the courthouse & brought MIAMI VICE DVD's to watch (if I had a battery that lasted longer).7. Listened to JAN HAMMER on the way home.8. Went to VICE.WS right when I came home.[/quote']!!!

Hey Coop........ You're my hero ........a real Miami vice fan.!You walk the talk!!!!! I'm proud of you! :clap::tasse_prost::thumbsup:

Thank you Tony! Some who don't understand my "VICENESS" would wonder what's wrong with me that I actually do these type of things. Is it to entertain myself? Relive a favorite show by putting myself into it? Or "C"ALL THE ABOVE! :thumbsup:

I can dig it, Coop. Even if no one around the jury pool knew what you were portraying......you lived your own private Miami Vice episode.The only thing that would have been better is if you could have shared it with someone there at the time. Still..........I love it! :D

Heck,Coop,don't let anybody tell you not to be less Miami Vice-esque,when I went shopping last week,Iw ent to Ocala,during my whole time I spent in the shopping mall,I had the New York theme from season two playing in my head,for some reason when I go somewhere,I have pieces of music playing ni my head,like Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood playing in my head the whole time at a Flea Market I went to in Homasassa this past weekend,I got these Crockett style Wayfarers that were movie merchandise for The Blues Brothers and have been wearing them while walking the dog around the block and playing golf.My neighbors look at me like I have gone nuts but I don't care,I am a Miami Vice fan!Coop,Tony D. is right,you are a hero in the Miami Vice community!

Coop' date='Tony D. is right,you are a hero in the Miami Vice community![/quote']Thank you. I guess I'm a grown man who's role playing, and playing dress up.Had this been spring, I would have worn some vintage threads from my collection. I REALLY wish it would have been warm enough.Your the only people I can share my MIAMI VICE exploits with without feeling shy. I mean, this IS the MIAMI VICE fansite is it not?I'm just a MIAMI VICE EXTREMIST.

I hope you ate 2 hotdogs though like in "Milk Run" :)

Unfortunately, I only ate one "tube of mystery meat", as: 1. I didn't expect to stay for the day as I have a doctor's note due to me having a real bad case of the flu (decided to stick it out), so I didn't bring a lunch or anything.2. Came unprepared with money. Only three one dollar bills, and some change, so I couldn't afford any more. I bought the jumbo dog instead of the smaller hotdog, so it's kinda like having two I suppose.....

Guest The Talk
Is that true??
Yes it is - at least I know about this for hp notebooks as I have one. I do not know about others. But they are quite expensive.Usually the battery lasts for 1 or 2 hours - as Croc1 said - depending on what you are doing with the laptop.There are several settings how you can save energy (for example lower the brightness of the screen' date=' CPU throttling etc.)For sure not the best tips to watch MIAMI VICE DVD's with full pleasure... ;)As I do not know all the English terms for it just google for "laptop save battery energy" or similar headwords. There are many sites in the www with tips.For example: LINK, LINK, LINKYou also can get adapters for car/airplane.

Coop, I was heartened to hear how you seized the opportunity of being at a courthouse to relive some Vice memories. What a creative way to keep Vice alive.

LINK, LINK, LINKYou also can get adapters for car/airplane.

Thank you. This is another very big help. Just in case one was wondering, all I did when the battery was too low to work was just writing on this site. I didn't download any music pictures or DVDs. (loaded one DVD just to see IF it would work, then shut it off and resumed writing.) I even brought a small set of headphones to listen to the DVD to save batteries, and not to disturb anyone. Never needed it. Thanks for the tips!!

Coop' date=' I was heartened to hear how you seized the opportunity of being at a courthouse to relive some Vice memories. What a creative way to keep Vice alive.[/quote']Thanks Viceman!I tried to think of more things I did, but I can't really think of anything else. I guess what I did was plenty. For me it's fun to incorporate living your own MIAMI VICE episode into real life, as long as you know what real life is.Those that know me, have no idea that I do these kind of things. I'm just a normal guy. Even if I told someone, I don't think anyone would believe it. I'm far too responsible, and they would not believe the extent of what I do.I'm glad to share it with those that "GET IT".