Don Johnson's Montecito Home For Sale

mvnyc

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!

Nice to dream I suppose?

That is quite the house!

I could live quite comfortably in the guest house :)

Edited by Stinger390X

Here is a better view of it from Zillow.  Yes, nothing but the best for Don and his family (I don't blame him, he's earned it): 

http://www.zillow.com/blog/don-johnson-selling-home-162244/

These pictures are terrific, this house is just gorgeous! I love the light and airy feeling it has with all the expansive windows and french doors.  I'd sure like to see the house they're moving to!   :)

Not a bad view either:

875-Knollwood-Dr-03-940x600.jpg

• 4 months later...

Cali?  No thanks.  If it were in Miami.....

I'm waiting for our resident Californians to respond...Coop? Susanna Girl?

;)

PalmTree is entitled to his/her opinion of course. As I mentioned above, Montecito is an exceptionally beautiful area and I sure wouldn't mind living there one bit!  My budget does not allow however.... :)

• Like 1

;)

PalmTree is entitled to his/her opinion of course. As I mentioned above, Montecito is an exceptionally beautiful area and I sure wouldn't mind living there one bit!  My budget does not allow however.... :)

Love Cali and Miami  :D  :)  :thumbsup:  :fireworks:

• Like 1

This thread does bring up something I've always wondered.  Why did none of the MV cast buy homes in the Miami area?

This thread does bring up something I've always wondered.  Why did none of the MV cast buy homes in the Miami area?

They did Don Johnson lived there for many years and PMT still lives in Florida I believe . Sandra Santiago lives upstate NY I believe. But Florida's temperature is a lot warmer and more tropical than Cali.

Well, they all rented in and around Miami during the show's production. Don Johnson bought a Condo there (which was featured in Architectural Digest in 1990) and PMT was living between NYC and Miami for some time. Hollywood is the central location for actors and the Screen Actors Guild, the industry is based there, with many more opportunities.

• 4 years later...

After all, they haven't sold it. Looking at the pictures and videos on his and Kelley's Instagramm accounts, they still live at 875 Knollwood Drive in Montecito

DJ watching the Superbowl in his beautiful living room, sitting in the chair on the right side:

Don-Johnson-Montecito-7.thumb.jpg.2d646a6e0c0f37eb2391307ee5a97106.jpg  DJ_Superbowl.thumb.jpg.2e6694cbcf9a869986cb5207e008989a.jpg

Kelley in the Kitchen:

kelley_kitchen.jpg.8e2ed1b8bc15b466f92fe581f3561ce5.jpg   875Knollwood_08-0769c7.thumb.jpg.bb82c0e3786830512842b85450e16bb7.jpg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2015 at 9:20 AM, mvnyc said:

I'm waiting for our resident Californians to respond...Coop? Susanna Girl?

I’ll take the bait... late.  I’d take Montecito in a heartbeat and I’ve been to Miami and Florida more than once.  The central coast of California has a Mediterranean climate, among the most sought after in the world, and quite rare.  You know how people talk about the best time to visit places in terms of climate?  There isn’t one.  It’s a beautiful climate all year long.  No slogging through snowy winters or suffering through hot humid summers.

The coastline is also stunning being a combination of wide sandy beaches, rocky coves, and ocean-view bluffs.  Just north of Montecito is the Santa Ynez wine region made famous in “Sideways”.  Several great surf spots are nearby and a couple of hours drive and you can ski in the San Gabriel Mountains.  The Santa Barbara County Bowl is a stunning outdoor  concert venue just minutes away, and the city-life of LA is a little over an hour away, if that’s what you want.  There’s so much more.

My wife went to school at UCSB nearby and I lived there with her during her last year.  If we could have afforded to stay in the area, and we worked the numbers, we never would have left.  Sadly, that’s probably the only downside to the area. It’s super expensive property, but there’s a reason a typical suburban house in SB is over a million dollars.  It’s a VERY desirable place to live.  Sorry, but market doesn’t lie!

Edited by pahonu

maybe the US market doesn't lie, but the French market does. the French riviera is way overpriced IMO. and it's globally the same for all French south east. i lived more than 10 years in the Var so i know that area well. and for me the south west of France, is way superior to the south east. but i'm going OT actually

47 minutes ago, pahonu said:

I’ll take the bait... late.  I’d take Montecito in a heartbeat and I’ve been to Miami and Florida more than once.  The central coast of California has a Mediterranean climate, among the most sought after in the world, and quite rare.  You know how people talk about the best time to visit places in terms of climate?  There isn’t one.  It’s a beautiful climate all year long.  No slogging through snowy winters or suffering through hot humid summers.

Yes, South Florida is oppressively hot and humid for most of the year.

Ok don, we have a deal. I buy it but before you should do the reboot. Or youll have to find someone richer than me. Its not so hard, since im almost broke.

2 hours ago, pahonu said:

The coastline is also stunning being a combination of wide sandy beaches, rocky coves, and ocean-view bluffs.  Just north of Montecito is the Santa Ynez wine region made famous in “Sideways”.  Several great surf spots are nearby and a couple of hours drive and you can ski in the San Gabriel Mountains.  The Santa Barbara County Bowl is a stunning outdoor  concert venue just minutes away, and the city-life of LA is a little over an hour away, if that’s what you want.  There’s so much more.

Florida is flat as a pancake. You either live right on the ocean or you need to go to the beach to see it. DJ lives on a hill and can simply gaze out his living room windows. Works well with rising sea levels too.

875Knollwood_20-d44176.thumb.jpg.505f472929e710eb09fc0d0ad2c51056.jpg

Edited by daytona365

On 5/9/2015 at 3:11 PM, PalmTree said:

I dont know today, but time ago pmt was living in miami

Stunning!!  California is such a beautiful state!  My wife and I were there last summer.  You can see the ocean, mountains, big city life, desert, forests and lakes...something for everyone.  I could never afford to live out there though.