Full episode scripts.

James

Also has the episode numbers so you know which was filmed before other episodes.

Sorry to contradict but the episode numbers are not related to shooting order. The episode numbers are given when a script is registered with the network and the writer's guild. Sometimes the registered scripts even get dumped. Unrealized scripts are Wild card (season 2) and The Edge (season 5). Other Example: some of the last episodes of season 5 have the lowest script numbers of the season.

Nice find James. Here is another site that has MV scripts, not very expensive. Can't be sure if they are the final script used in filming but I bought the Little Miss Dangerous script years ago and it is close. There was always a certain amount of ad-libbing.

http://scriptcity.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=miami+vice

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice Find!

But there is nothing like owning the real thing!

TheFixLocationSheet.jpg

LMD%20Location%20Sheet.1_zpsvwyjd3xw.jpg

Payback%20Location%20Sheet.1_zpsknm2tbeo

Those are great! Sure love to see stuff like this. thanks for posting them! Are these locations noted in our sites location guide?

Nice find James. Here is another site that has MV scripts, not very expensive. Can't be sure if they are the final script used in filming but I bought the Little Miss Dangerous script years ago and it is close. There was always a certain amount of ad-libbing.

http://scriptcity.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=miami+vice

I've noticed that too. I have actual on set scripts (not the copies), and most are pretty spot on, but once in a while, there will be line changes, or something just a tad different than what made it to screen. Most are pretty accurate.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I own the actual shooting script of Viking Bikers From Hell. One of my all time favorite episodes. The script is completely different than the actual episode. A lot of changes we're made that aren't seen on screen. The changes are for the better too. I wish I owned all the scripts from the show. How fun would it be to sit back and read, every episode, written of the show and how different the scripts we're from the actual episodes? 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
On 2/14/2015 at 9:27 PM, James said:

While searching Google to make sure I was quoting a line correctly, I came across this website which as the script of all episodes from Seasons 2 - 5. 

Enjoy!

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/episode_scripts.php?tv-show=miami-vice

Good news:  that website has finally added the scripts from Season 1. 

:thumbsup:

Edited by airtommy
  • Thanks 2

It's not quite accurate to call these "scripts".  "Transcripts" is a better word.  These conform exactly to the show as we see it, which varied from the original scripts.  Actors changed dialogue (famously, Olmos omitted some of his lines), scenes were deleted in final editing, etc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, airtommy said:

It's not quite accurate to call these "scripts".  "Transcripts" is a better word.  These conform exactly to the show as we see it, which varied from the original scripts.  Actors changed dialogue (famously, Olmos omitted some of his lines), scenes were deleted in final editing, etc.

I've looked at that site, and a number of the episode names didn't line up to the dialogue. And I believe i have also seen instances where the dialogue didn't match up to the DVDs I was playing at the time, which was a couple years back. I recall they didn't have S1 so that is a change for sure. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

I've looked at that site, and a number of the episode names didn't line up to the dialogue. And I believe i have also seen instances where the dialogue didn't match up to the DVDs I was playing at the time, which was a couple years back. I recall they didn't have S1 so that is a change for sure. 

Yes, I've noticed the episodes are mislabeled.   In one "Brother's Keeper" scene they have song lyrics mixed in with dialogue.  I suspect variations between these "Scripts" and the show are just mistakes in sloppy transcription.

Has anybody purchased scripts from the Script City link posted above?  I bet those aren't the real thing (like what PinkFlamingo posted).

Edited by airtommy

I bought the "script" for Little Miss Dangerous from this site years ago in hard copy.  Don't remember how accurate it was, I'll have to look for it.

I have a few of these too - from quite a few years ago from around 2006/7 I think as airtommy says they are not scripts but are full of quite resourceful info on scenes and locations.

The locations I can add are pretty accurate and match up very well I the copies certainly in the copies I have- they even helped us all discover some new scenes/locations filmed a number of years ago.

Edited by Matt5

7 hours ago, Sea-light said:

I have the script "Tale of a goat" from the scriptcity. Interesting to see the difference in some scenes. I can post it

Yes!  I'd love to see that!

• Like 1