HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY (MIAMI VICE STYLE)!

COOPER&BURNETT

Crockett's into St. Patrick's day! Yep, that's his college football picture when he played for the Floriday Gators.

# 88 is right!

Your very, very welcome Susanna Girl!

patricks%20004_zpsqtumzaat.jpg

Glad you like the neon!

Even Crockett's little red helicopter that sits on his desk is green today!

patricks%20005_zpsd812jykv.jpg

Top of the Evening to ya!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Amazing pictures Coop ST Paddy's in style! we should all watch ''When Irish Eyes are Crying'' and hey, if I'm not mistaken don't you have a vintage pack of Crockett's Lucky Strikes? if so do you have a picture of them?  :) and, thanks for sharing pal! I always thought his helicopter was red..xD

• Like 2

First of all a Very Happy St. Patricks Day to you all.
It is new to me - we Germans do not know about this feast/holiday.

Coop...
Cohooop ???
Coop - Coop - Coop !
You know what you are doing to me if ever you post this #88 image. You know it.

One day I will get a heart attack here at MV forum and my suffering und longing will become unbearable.

All in your shown image is magic to me - that's MV perfection.
Wonderful style. Wonderful !!! Be glad you may live your passion like you do.

• Like 1

One Facebook user wrote in response to this thread and picture, "At Miami O'dade"! LOL 

This is the blazer Crockett would have worn on St. Patrick's day!

patricks%20011_zpsodybkoch.jpg

The little helicopter in the above photos is green for St. Patty's day, of course!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Now this are some pictures that are priceless and only our good old fella COOP can come up with it!

That arrangement is fantastic. It feels like Sonny Crockett himself just left the room minutes ago. (actually we all know he was behind the camera ;-) )

COOP, if Sonny Crockett would be a real life person it would be you! YOU ROCK BROTHER!!!

Thank you so much for those epic pictures! And happy St. Patrick's Day!

Edited by Christian
  • Like 1

Glad you like the photos Christian! Thought it would make you, and the other Vicers smile. I wore that blazer today with a white henley.

Happy St. Patrick's day!

• Like 1

Glad you like the photos Christian! Thought it would make you, and the other Vicers smile. I wore that blazer today with a white henley.

Happy St. Patrick's day!

Like? I love them! ;)

• Like 1

Christian, I owe you a couple of "likes", as I'm out already. I wonder how many I get in a day? I'm glad you like, ah....Love the photos!

• Like 1

you know the other outfit you could do for next year is the one he wears at the pool scene in the great mccarthy

and honestly and additionally its because of that scene that I've been learning to shoot pool with my dad for the past 6 to 8 months really, every sunday at the bar at the gun club

but that song is not on the jukebox -_- it does have johnny cash though atleast lol

Edited by Kavinsky

Actually, everytime I play pool, I too think of this scene. I wear the Rolex, but not the muscle shirt! lol  I'm also not quite as good as Sonny was.

I guess I could cut the sleeves off the shirt, but most likely, I'd wear the lime green shirt with a black blazer. However, the blazer is not linen, but a tux or dinner jacket with satin lapels..

Awesome "scene!" Color coordinated three tone, yellow(ave del paraiso, badge, watch and fireplace) pink (lighting) and green (Heli and the jacket.) The real stand out to me is how friggin cool that neon light looks reflected in the glass table right next to the wayfarers. Nice work!

Edited by Beach_Vice
  • Like 1

Thanks Alleycat & Beach_Vice for the wonderful comments. "Likes" are coming your way when I get more back! 

Yeah, I liked the idea of the pastel green jacket, and the green helicopter. I did a variation of this scene a few years ago with a different jacket. Don't think I had the neon sculpture / lamp then (That neon is exactly the same as seen in MIAMI VICE season 3!). I have a thread on that neon lamp (just soooo much stuff in the scrapbook section, members miss a whole lot!)

click below

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/7880-miami-vice-neon-lamp-sculpture/

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 2

I love that green jacket.  What episode is that from, if any?  I wish I woulda had that one yesterday.  Good work, Cooper and Burnett!

Amazing pictures Coop ST Paddy's in style! we should all watch ''When Irish Eyes are Crying'' and hey, if I'm not mistaken don't you have a vintage pack of Crockett's Lucky Strikes? if so do you have a picture of them?  :) and, thanks for sharing pal! I always thought his helicopter was red..xD

I'm totally kicking myself for not watching "When Irish Eyes Are Crying" last night.  I need to remember to do that next year.  

Actually, everytime I play pool, I too think of this scene. I wear the Rolex, but not the muscle shirt! lol  I'm also not quite as good as Sonny was.

I guess I could cut the sleeves off the shirt, but most likely, I'd wear the lime green shirt with a black blazer. However, the blazer is not linen, but a tux or dinner jacket with satin lapels..

Eh I'm not so lucky with that, my old watch is kaput, I took these photos as I couldnt access flickr anymore to show the watch repair people at Jewlers ontime what broke.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/gallery/image/3445-dscn1141/

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/gallery/image/3447-dscn1145/

I think the estimate for the repair would be free but its probably about a 300 dollar repair miniumn, without parts

so currently I'm using a seiko, SNXA21 from watch surplus with an aligator strap from nato international in the meantime, 18mm

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTU0M1g5OTU=/z/agkAAOSwRLZT2WXs/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$T2eC16N,!ygE9s7HHqTEBR%28CDy4UqQ~~60_57.JPG

(yeah I know sonny would kill me lol) still though its a good way to see what you like without spening a ton of money, just buy a bunch of seikos and see what works with you, then buy an expensive one that you know ticks all of the boxes and has the right shape that suits you

as I love this dark blue green dial on it, but the hands are too small to read, and symetrical so its hard to tell what the time is when the hour and minute hand line up, and I dont care for the teardrop design, I prefer the external shape of the omega to it. much like on this one

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTEwMVg3MDU=/z/JH8AAOSwh6xTsxZk/$_57.JPG

oh also dont leave watches in steam rooms or bathrooms during a shower where it can steam up, it will go through the seals of even a rolex that way,

and I got lucking in that regard however with the pool, turns out my old man used to always go to the pool hall back in his day for entertainment, so while his eyes have gone I'm still getting a good lesson out of it, although I have a knack at making weird shots that work, like the obivious one is to go to the right, aim for the left side of the ball with no power, I go to the right, power and it bounces around the table and goes in

• Like 1

CharlieGlide, Thanks for your comments. Well, Crockett didn't wear a pastel green linen blazer in MIAMI VICE, but I'm sure he could have!

Kavinsky, buddy, you'd beat me at pool I'm sure. I'm a fair player, but not as good as you. You mentioned steam rooms and Rolex watches. Are you saying I shouldn't wear my Rolex while I'm swimming in a swimmng pool? I thought they were meticulously designed so that I was able to, and I'd be weather proof for quite a bit more than a steam room or depth in a swimming pool. 

• Like 1