HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY (MIAMI VICE STYLE)!

COOPER&BURNETT

nah its something about the steam and the heat can actually allow it to get through, swiming is fine as long as the seals are good, its just something about steam that can allow it to get in.

I think its like pressure seals on on a car, it works because the pressure coming from the motor seals it with a constant PSI, and presses it against the thing, thus seeling it, as metal expands and flexes based on the temperature and thus metal on metal would be damaging,

and with steam and water dropplets you dont have that pressure pushing against the seals and it may come in

althought that might be something that happens much more with older watches and not the newer ones,

plus I think some watches are filled with nitrogen gasses, which is probably with the rolexes or the deep sea dwellers to prevent anything from getting in, and or mosture forming in it, like on rifle scopes or binoculars.

plus some car people have been using it on tires now to keep the pressure more consistant and reduce wear on the tires from having it be out of balance with the mosture the pumps with normal air would put in the tires.

and rolex uses screw in casebacks and caps for it, so I maybe overreacting by telling you that, as that should keep everything out to begin with,

it was just something that was in the back of my mind, and it might be far more pertinent for other watches in general.

like my old omega that isnt rigged up like that, yet it was called a seamaster deville and has water/rust damage on the 1 and 2 marks of the dial, another reason why I wasnt looking forward to seeing what they might find on the inside with the repair

and I'm still wondering if I should even go through with it, and then use the money to buy something better, as theres always been something wrong with it, which could all be attributed to the main spring just needing replacement for all I know.

as it barely stayed moving for more than 24 hours if you left it off your wrist.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

patricks%20003_zpsduwoaqvj.jpg

Hey Coop, yours is not a home, is a time machine! LOL

You can really "smell" the 80s and MV in that setting. I think we should meet one day and make a photo session of me wearing your collection hahahah!

Yeah I know, 99% of the males on this board would do that. Maybe you can make a lottery, who knows LOL!

Seriously, your collection is incredible, you know that.

• Like 5

I think we should meet one day and make a photo session of me wearing your collection hahahah!

Yeah I know, 99% of the males on this board would do that. Maybe you can make a lottery, who knows LOL!

Please to all these 99 % of the males be aware that 99 % of the FEmales would like to watch...

this spectacle !!!

:D :D :D:p

Love this imagination - honestly love it !

Hilarious idea !

• Like 2

Thanks Jerry Beck, Matt5, and the lovely bluepearl!

Jerry, thanks for the kind words on my "time machine" lol. I actually left off one item that was to be on the table with the other items, but I just forgot. I'll post it, or do something else with it later. If you want to see more pictures of my home, you can view them here.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/1286-cooperburnetts-vice-home-photos/

Yeah, you should model the clothes for me (not sure if you will fit them) for my shots, after all you look like Don Johnson, and therefore, the clothes could then be seen with someone's head for a change! Many have mentioned getting a "Golden Ticket" to visit the place, and see all the stuff first hand, but, I'm not giving tours at the moment.  I wouldn't mind them going on public display or an exhibition of some sort. I've often thought of that. Perhaps showing a blazer with an 8x10 photo of Don wearing the blazer in the show, and props and scripts etc..

So bluepearl, ....you'd like to watch eh? ;)  :) 

Glad you liked my idea for this picture!

Lots of cool stuff is ahead.....

-COOP    

• Like 2

Thanks Coop, looking forward to see the new stuff ;-)

Please let me know if you release the Golden Ticket. Don't worry pal, I won't charge you for taking pictures of me, hahahah!!

PS If the blazers are part of the stocks used on set, they should fit. For what I saw, Don and I have similar height (not that tall both ;-)

• Like 1

Golden Ticket ! :D :D

Perfect!

Well okay - I promise to stir the ticket box then! :thumbsup:

Would hide the golden one between many gray ones :) and stir stir stir that GLASSY box.

Coop if you have any Gina or Trudy outfit in your wonderful collection...

okay - okay - then I even would wear it with that job ! ;)

• Like 1

Jerry, Don can wear a 42 or 44 regular. Will you look o.k. in that?

I guess this website is the Golden Ticket, as everyone can visit, and see the items. 

I don't have Trudy or Gina clothing, but I foolishly gave up the oportunity to own a great outfit Trudy wore. I'm still kicking myself.

View the thread below by clicking it.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/1125-the-2-that-got-away-screen-used-clothes-i-passed-on/

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 2

You wear a 42-44 blazer? Well then, come on over for a photoshoot!

I know what Don Johnson's clothes size is, as I made a size chart for me to make sure I know that what I buy is the real deal.   

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I guess it’s a good day to watch “When Irish Eyes Are Crying” :p:thumbsup:

Also, is you’ve ever wondered what that episode title is alluding to, it's a play on words from the title of an old song that was well-known in the first half of the 20th century:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1