Vintage Lucky Strike pack! and my Season 3 look!

Detective_Crockett

I'm not sure if most of you know, but sadly I am a smoker in real life...(have been for about 3 years, I'm what 19? and started at 16? :wuerg: ) and what do I smoke? Lucky Strike....

Who else smokes Lucky Strike? Sonny Crockett does, and he had a vintage pack like this....

post-4806-0-10869800-1426626878_thumb.jp

I ordered this online! it looks very vintage and something straight out of the old times...which is why I ordered it, and plus who doesn't love the old packs?

post-4806-0-77550600-1426626972_thumb.jp

A comparison of the old Lucky Strike and the packs we have today....

I think the old is much better  :cool:

Oh and also, here's a picture of me doing Crockett's Season 3 look, this blazer/cardigan could be worn whenever you want, it's very casual, it's also good if you ever want to pull off the Cuba Libre party look! (I did this at one of my lady friends 18th's) it could even pass for something out of Season 2! (apologies for the belt, that's a travesty amongst the Vice look. xD)

This picture was taken at such a terrible angle, so I apologize if it's not too clear.

post-4806-0-72156800-1426627060_thumb.jp

Detective_Crockett  :)

Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 5

Great shirt and jacket combo! They look really great together! I'm sure the ladies were check'in you out. Great job!

Saddly, I don't own an 80's vintage Lucky Strikes cigarette box, just the one from the early 2000's (was there any difference in the 80's version and the early 2000's? Perhaps not).

You can see my lucky strike box (still sealed) on page one of my Prop Collecton thread.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/2264-miami-vice-prop-collection/page-1

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

And of course, here it is...my favorite look of all time...

me doing the Cuba Libre party look!

I love this look! it's so cool to even do at party's today!

Embarrassing hair! :O
  • Like 2

Great look Crockett! Hope you wear Persol's with that outfit. 

Oh of course, you know it  :)  :p

• Like 1

Awesome look pal!

You remind me a little of Olando Calderon! :cool:

Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but thanks pal!  :)  :)  :)

attachicon.gifcuba libre.jpg

Love the look it suits you  

Love the look it suits you  

Thanks Alleycat  :cool:

I always love hearing people's opinions on Vice related things and especially when I try to pull off Sonny's look.

• Administrators

Looking good, pal! I really like the cardigan, I might look out for something like that as winter is coming. What's the brand name of it?

Looking good, pal! I really like the cardigan, I might look out for something like that as winter is coming. What's the brand name of it?

James, pal...here is the link to the exact same blazer/cardigan I am wearing..this was from amazon, and it's not hard to find, don't be put off by the one star review by one member, it really is a great item and very Vice like. (Make sure you order it in black  :p ) :cool:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vobaga-Casual-Stripes-Cardigan-Sweater/dp/B00GZCVERK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1426655340&sr=8-7&keywords=blazer+cardigan+men

• Administrators

James, pal...here is the link to the exact same blazer/cardigan I am wearing..this was from amazon, and it's not hard to find, don't be put off by the one star review by one member, it really is a great item and very Vice like. (Make sure you order it in black  :p ) :cool:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vobaga-Casual-Stripes-Cardigan-Sweater/dp/B00GZCVERK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1426655340&sr=8-7&keywords=blazer+cardigan+men

I did say something LIKE that, not that exactly :)

Thanks for the link though. but I'm not really into online shopping. So I don't know if I'm going to get that.

I'm not sure if most of you know, but sadly I am a smoker in real life...(have been for about 3 years, I'm what 19? and started at 16? :wuerg: ) and what do I smoke? Lucky Strike....

Who else smokes Lucky Strike? Sonny Crockett does, and he had a vintage pack like this....

attachicon.giflucky strike old.jpg

I ordered this online! it looks very vintage and something straight out of the old times...which is why I ordered it, and plus who doesn't love the old packs?

attachicon.giflucky strike old and the new.jpg

A comparison of the old Lucky Strike and the packs we have today....

I think the old is much better  :cool:

Oh and also, here's a picture of me doing Crockett's Season 3 look, this blazer/cardigan could be worn whenever you want, it's very casual, it's also good if you ever want to pull off the Cuba Libre party look! (I did this at one of my lady friends 18th's) it could even pass for something out of Season 2! (apologies for the belt, that's a travesty amongst the Vice look. xD)

This picture was taken at such a terrible angle, so I apologize if it's not too clear.

attachicon.gifseason 3 crockett me.jpg

Detective_Crockett  :)

I like your Sonny Crockett look with the cardigan & shirt. Real cool :cool:  :thumbsup:

The Luckys sure go with the Crockett persona........but like Crockett, I hope you will consider only using them as a prop and give up smoking.  At 19 yrs. it should be easier than when you are in your 50's.

I don't want to preach to you but it would save you a huge amount of money over the years, but more importantly will be much better for your health.

My wife smoked only about a pack a day but developed bronchitis & COPD so the doctor told her to quit, and she did 1 1/2 yrs. ago at 70 yrs. old.  Cold turkey!

I am so glad she did, because her lungs have improved, greatly.

Lucky Strike used to say LSMFT  -  "Lucky Strike means fine tobacco."   There's no such thing.........it's bad for people's health.

Please try to quit while you are young & not completely hooked, Detective_Crockett.

I say this from my heart!

• Like 2

attachicon.gifcuba libre.jpg

Hey Detective_Crockett, great look, almost better than the original ;-)

(not a big fan of S3 look though)

Edited by Jerry Beck

I like your Sonny Crockett look with the cardigan & shirt. Real cool :cool:  :thumbsup:

The Luckys sure go with the Crockett persona........but like Crockett, I hope you will consider only using them as a prop and give up smoking.  At 19 yrs. it should be easier than when you are in your 50's.

I don't want to preach to you but it would save you a huge amount of money over the years, but more importantly will be much better for your health.

My wife smoked only about a pack a day but developed bronchitis & COPD so the doctor told her to quit, and she did 1 1/2 yrs. ago at 70 yrs. old.  Cold turkey!

I am so glad she did, because her lungs have improved, greatly.

Lucky Strike used to say LSMFT  -  "Lucky Strike means fine tobacco."   There's no such thing.........it's bad for people's health.

Please try to quit while you are young & not completely hooked, Detective_Crockett.

I say this from my heart!

Hi Tony! it's been forever since we've talked or I have seen you on the forum! god, wow..how are you? you're still lookin' epic as hell in that profile pic, true Miami style  :cool:  and yes I do understand your post, I hope that one day I will completely give up, and never return to it hopefully, and my pack of Lucky's underneath says 'LSMFT' quite interesting what you know about smoking now that you didn't know back then! but thank you for your concern buddy, I really do appreciate it  :thumbsup:

But thanks for checking in pal! always great to hear from an old friend! 

• Like 1

Hey Detective_Crockett, great look, almost better than the original ;-)

(not a big fan of S3 look though)

Thanks Jerry, I wouldn't say better than the original :)  nobody can beat Don Johnson! but it seems you could be his double one day, you really look like him! 

And, I like the S3 look, but S1 and S2 are classics in my opinion, it's the Crockett we know and love and what he truly wears, I'm not a big fan of his hair in Season 4 and Season 5 it got much too long.

Thanks Jerry, I wouldn't say better than the original :)  nobody can beat Don Johnson! but it seems you could be his double one day, you really look like him! 

And, I like the S3 look, but S1 and S2 are classics in my opinion, it's the Crockett we know and love and what he truly wears, I'm not a big fan of his hair in Season 4 and Season 5 it got much too long.

The only way I liked Crockett's long hair was when he had it pulled back in a pony tail. In "Mirror Image" he thought he was really a drug dealer and  looked cool with a suit and tie & the pony tail !

Detective_Crockett, thanks for your nice words. I have some picture of the good old days I've been asked to share here. I really lived the style back then and maybe some of you can find those images interesting, as a true testimony of that era.   Just waiting for a slide scanner to come so I can  digitize them.

I said better than the original cause to me the average SC look in S3 is a bit stiff with those short jackets (some used to call them "spencer" back in the days) and sometimes he looks more like an hairdresser instead of a cop. You cardigan is more casual and easy ;-)

II also think that short hair doesn't fit best on him (there's a b/w pic of DJ on the net, where he has very short dark hair and you could not recognize him). I agree that in S4 and 5 hair were too long, but I I find it not a bad thing (me myself had hair that long and I succeed LOL), but I also like most of the clothes of that season.

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 1

Yeah, You're right Jerry. i hate Crockett's jackets in Season 3. Unlike Season 1 & 2 wardrobe Season 3 blazers are outdated.

cheech_marin_2003_11_02.jpg

He looks weird for me

Longer hair is the best choice for Don :)

Edited by Crockettt

The only way I liked Crockett's long hair was when he had it pulled back in a pony tail. In "Mirror Image" he thought he was really a drug dealer and  looked cool with a suit and tie & the pony tail !

Sonny Burnett has a ponytail in Hostile Takeover and Redemption in Blood, not Mirror Image ;)

A very badass look by the way :cool::thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sonny Burnett has a ponytail in Hostile Takeover and Redemption in Blood, not Mirror Image ;)

A very badass look by the way :cool::thumbsup:

I better start watching the episodes again............I knew the Trilogy started with Mirror Image, so I figured he wore his ponytail in there. Thanks for posting the picture.

• Like 1

Yeah, You're right Jerry. i hate Crockett's jackets in Season 3. Unlike Season 1 & 2 wardrobe Season 3 blazers are outdated.

cheech_marin_2003_11_02.jpg

He looks weird for me

Longer hair is the best choice for Don :)

That is a weird picture.......I don't remember his hair like that in Nash Bridges.  It looks windblown & messed up!

• Like 1