Larry Zito's CAFE CUBANO COFFEE

COOPER&BURNETT

After reading JOHN DIEHL's BIO he wrote about LARRY ZITO, I noticed that he wrote that Zito drinks too much coffee. Now THAT reminds one of how Zito enjoyed the coffee CAFE CUBANO, which he mentions frequently.He seems to really enjoy the strong, expresso type coffee which is popular in South Florida by many of it's residence. (I'm assuming due to the cuban population)I still have yet to try some, as it's not as popular, or available on the West Coast as it appears to be in the South Florida area. Has anyone tried it?Do you like it?

Never drink k k k k k k k k k coffee. Makes me jittery???Especially the expresso types as the spoon disintigrates when you stir the sugar in it.I am a tea todler.

Now I'm hearing reports that things like green tea are not as good for you as once thought.Can we do ANYTHING??(Next there going to tell us DDT isn't safe....)

Especially the expresso types as the spoon disintigrates when you stir the sugar in it.

:eek: The spoon disintegrates? That's a scary espresso, where did you get it? ;) Btw, you should drink it without sugar so that you can enjoy the real taste. It might seem disgusting at first but then you get used to it! I never put sugar in my coffee, tea (I love tea) or infusions.I've never tried Café Cubano but I'd love to. I usually have 2 espresso a day, I never drink decaffeinated I think it's useless and tastes weird.OT: I always have problems with coffee when I'm abroad because I rarely find good one.When I was in the US I once had coffee in a place like Starbucks and when I ordered, the waiter told me to wait until it was ready. I saw some left in the glass container and asked for it. The waiter looked at me like I was an alien and said it was the bottom, it was not good for me because full of caffeine! I couldn't believe it, I was craving for caffeine and insisted to have it. I'm glad that I did because it was much better than I expected!

Good for you for requesting something that surely would have been thrown away. Sounds strong and good!I still wish to drink Cafe Cubano. I think some drink it with a chaser of water? Does that sound correct?

In ep Score when Sonny&Rico join Castillo at a cafè, if I remember correctly there's a little glass of water next to the cup.In any case if you have coffee in Naples they will always give you water, you drink before the coffee and is to clean your mouth: this way you'll enjoy the coffee flavor and taste. Here in Milano they don't give water, in Tuscany they serve coffee in a glass, not in a ceramic cup.Another coffee fact: in top-class perfumeries you are given 3 or 4 coffee beans to smell, when you're trying fragrances, to "reset" your nose!

This coffee is served cold, not hot correct?Is it actually served cold, or just room temperature?

• 1 year later...

I have looked EVERYWHERE for CAFE CUBANO in California, and nobody has heard of it here it seems. Nobody offers it! Nobody has heard of it!:rolleyes: I STILL haven't had it yet! :cry:

I have looked EVERYWHERE for CAFE CUBANO in California' date=' and nobody has heard of it here it seems. Nobody offers it! Nobody has heard of it!:rolleyes: I STILL haven't had it yet! :cry:[/quote']You haven't missed much Coop!!!! One cup of CAFE CUBANO & You WILL BE bouncing of the walls!!!!:rolleyes::):D

You haven't missed much Coop!!!! One cup of CAFE CUBANO & You WILL BE bouncing of the walls!!!!:rolleyes::):D

Fine. Let the bouncing begin!

Fine. Let the bouncing begin!

Coop....If you can find a Cuban Coffee Stand or even a Cuban Bakery where you live....ask them for a Cortadito. Those are made with Cuban Coffee.;)

Coop....If you can find a Cuban Coffee Stand or even a Cuban Bakery where you live....ask them for a Cortadito. Those are made with Cuban Coffee.;)

I'll try. California has many Hispanics, but not many Cubans....I hope I can experience it sometime.

I dont drink coffee but when I was in Miami in november last year I just had to try it and I really like it...I mean first of all I like strong things and second.. that little shot of coffee is just enough for me as a non coffee drinking person ;)

I dont drink coffee but when I was in Miami in november last year I just had to try it and I really like it...I mean first of all I like strong things and second.. that little shot of coffee is just enough for me as a non coffee drinking person ;)

Cool!If it's good enough for LARRY ZITO, it's good enough for me! :thumbsup:

I'm don't drink coffee, but I have Brazillian co-workers who do. They also drink their coffee in small (dixie) cups. Probably because it's as strong as the cuban coffee. If you can't find cuban coffee, brazillian coffee might be an alternative. :)

Now THAT reminds one of how Zito enjoyed the coffee CAFE CUBANO' date=' which he mentions frequently.[/quote']I once heard that the line in No Exit "Where can I get some Cafe Cubano around here" was ad libbed and an inside joke, as they were filming that scene right where the crew used to all go for Cafe Cubano. Not sure if the story is true . . .

COOP....along with the explanation from the link that Gary1911A1 put up, I have posted the corresponding pictures. I tried to get as close to the actual drink as I could. Hope it helps.Cortadito, which in Spanish literally means "small cut", is an espresso topped with steamed milk. It can be between 50/50 to 75/25 espresso and milk. It is similar to a cortado served in other countries, but pre-sweetened. (First Picture).Café con leche, or "coffee with milk", a Cuban espresso served alongside a cup of hot or steamed milk. Originally served separately, the cafecito is dumped into the glass of hot milk and stirred in. It is the traditional Cuban breakfast beverage, served with slices of buttered, toasted cuban bread that are dunked in the coffee cup. In addition, traditional Cuban "café con leche" contains a pinch of salt (popularized by the Chinese immigrants who arrived in 19th century Cuba) and a pinch of butter, giving it a unique taste. (Second Picture).Café Cubano ( Cuban coffee, Cuban espresso, cafecito, Cuban pull, Cuban shot) is a type of espresso which originated in Cuba after espresso machines were first imported there from Italy. Specifically, it refers to an espresso shot which is sweetened with sugar as it is being brewed, but the name covers other drinks that use Cuban espresso as their base. Drinking café cubano remains a prominent social and cultural activity within Cuba as well as the expatriate community.(Third Picture).AGAIN....The reason why I am always so hyper & bouncing off the walls.:rolleyes::p:D:);)

Great explanations.I think the closest I'll get at my local coffee houses will be expresso. I've had it before, and BOY, is it STRONG!

Maria, also don't forget the "Colada", 4-6 shots of cafecito served in a large cup along with small demitasse glasses. Meant to be shared. You can see these being consumed in MV, when the little thimble-sized plastic cup is used. Went to the "La Libertad" location (in Killshot) last year with the Dan & MiamiJim crew and had the Colada there - shared, of course. Photo by CarolineUK, taken of La Libertad in 2009, where we had the shared Colada:Eingefügtes BildFrom Miami trip -2007 "cuatro cafecitos":Eingefügtes BildThis was at Guardabarranco - where the guy was wearing a Tampa Bay Bucs t shirt, for some reason? (yes, this was Miami) :Eingefügtes Bild

OMG Richie!!!!:eek:....You are so right....I had completely forgotten about the Colada.:rolleyes: But it is also a part of the Cuban Coffee drinks.BTW....You all look wonderful in the pic at the Cafeteria.;) Is that Papa Legba there with you?:confused: