DJ's humiliating interview

Tony D.

Yes!Sometimes the jokes they make are too mean or harmful, but the one to Don is quite amusing.Since it's in Italian if you need help with this ... just ask!

That sucks. Don didn't come across badly at all but those f*ckwits hosting it did. That's the kind of sh!t that's on TV in Italy?Don should've punched him out

• Like 1

That sucks. Don didn't come across badly at all but those f*ckwits hosting it did. That's the kind of sh!t that's on TV in Italy?Don should've punched him out

I agree. The problem is Celebrities must know that if they were to do that, it would make international headlines and be twisted by the media to make it look like it was them who had the problem, not the a**holes interviewing them. I also would imagine that there may be a desire on the part of the show's producers to goad their guests into doing something like that in order to get some publicity for their show.
  • Like 2

I suppose you're right Papa. Don getting physical would've made it worse. They were obviously antagonizing him and his best option was to just walk away from it. This spectacle was more of an inditement against them because his conduct was completely fine and acceptable. It speaks for itself.Looks like they were better off under Mussolini. At least back then the trains ran on time.On the plus side, Don has two big movies out this year. Best of luck with them I say.

I'm Italian-American but I'm so ashamed of the way this host treated Don Johnson, a guest on his show. At first DJ seemed a little amused by the foolish comedy they were preparing. The host kept talking & never asked DJ anything worthwhile. Slowly, DJ became more & more annoyed which finally turned to anger when he got kissed then slapped in the face! DJ got me to cheer when he told the guy, "Put your hands on me again & I'll kick your ass!" ...Yahoo!! The last straw was the glass of water in his face & he gave it to the jerk in his face. Then grabbed his coat & left. Bravo! The only funny thing was the idiots singing "In the Air Tonight" The best thing is DJ looked GREAT!! Slim, trim, handsome as ever & young looking. He has more class than to be made a fool of on such a stupid show! Jay Leno or Larry King should interview him.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I thought the first part was cute, silly and very funny. Don seemed a little amused and was in disbelief of what was going on. You could see him change to annoyance and the kissing and slap was out of line. As soon as the guy picked up the water I knew he was going to throw it on him. That was out of line and totally uncalled for. I think the interviewer was purposely trying to get Don to hit him. In the end I though the whole set up was pretty nasty.It seems like the media and others are constantly trying to provoke celebrities into doing something in proper this way they can try and sue or get media attention for themselves.

• Like 1

****! DISGUSTING! HUMMILIATING!Whatta *******s!Thats really sad! :( Heck! Who let Don being interviewed in that TV "Show"? No one could tell him to dont go there?BTW if we are thinking to contact Don...i think its time to say goodnight... :oP

Well, i am a DJ fan. But i know the guy is a very difficult person to deal with.I gotta say the gimme five part was funny but i never could expect they could treat Don (or anyone) that way.For me, it seems Don never would expect that crap would happen that way, but even before the things get worst, seems he was holding "four stones" on his hands to throw over them when someone would start to talk about Vice.The part of Don talking himself about Vice is very disapointing for me as a fan. Seems Don is more pissed by Vice than any other subject. It allows me to think if he passes by PMT on the street, Don prefer to cross the street.I still cant understand how Don can go to any crap show and no one tells him what type of bull**** the guys used to do with their visitors. And in the same way, its curious to see Don feeling himself self-confident as a celebrity (thanks to Vice) while the italians didnt push too far. And see him as a scared and pissed dog with a tail between his legs leaving the studio. Something like: "Oh Im DJ, everybody wants to talk with me, im on the spotlight, and in five minutes ill have another interview done, and i promoted myself".Maybe if Don could be more humble or friendly all these years, probably he wouldnt pass thru these acid criticisms: the piano player, the "in the air tonight" and the water stuff...heck....a disgusting point for someone who was GOD and now has to deal with such situation. I must say even so, he didnt deserve it. It was a punch! I wouldnt sleep after that.Best luck for the new movies.

I thought the first part was cute' date=' silly and very funny. Don seemed a little amused and was in disbelief of what was going on. You could see him change to annoyance and the kissing and slap was out of line. As soon as the guy picked up the water I knew he was going to throw it on him. That was out of line and totally uncalled for. I think the interviewer was purposely trying to get Don to hit him. In the end I though the whole set up was pretty nasty.It seems like the media and others are constantly trying to provoke celebrities into doing something in proper this way they can try and sue or get media attention for themselves.[/quote']

I thought Don was right when he said 'You guys are nuts' after they sung In The Air Tonight. If that's what they have on Italian TV then I ain't going on our possible Italy school trip next year. Throwing water on him was uncalled for and I'm glad he stormed out of there. He deserves much better treatment than that bullsh*t.On the other hand, good to see he's still got it in the looks department! :happy:

Ridiculous interview - it made me angry seeing Don getting so wound up by it. DJ didnt really distance himself from Vice - he must be so fed up when all people every mention is Miami Vice - Don Johnson=Miami Vice is mentioned within seconds . He should take it a little more on the chin.It seems this interview was recorded in Early Feb of this Year.

That interviewer was the biggest jerk I've ever seen:thumbsdown: This was not Don's fault. It was obviously meant to be mean-spirited, and the only unfortunate thing was that Don did not leave sooner. I think Don was stunned at how RUDE he was. No one should put up with abuse like that for one minute. This was not funny at all. It was meant to be degrading, and it showed how ugly and mean some people can be. I would say the so-called interviewer was extremely jealous. His management should have fired him on the spot.

It was obviously a hidden camera comedy show. Don was the victim of the show. I don't find that funny. I'm not sure it would have been funny to me no matter who the victim was really.It was pretty cruel to play this joke on him. As a fan of DON JOHNSON, it hurt even more. He held it together pretty well.He DID look fantastic. Thin and trim. Looked like the ol sonny. Even the hair was Crockett style.It was hard to watch.

What the hell is the matter with the host? Throwing water on your celebrity guest...WTF? IMO,it seemed they were making fun of in the air tonight and Crockett. Which those are big NO NO's! I'm sure they had a hell of a time getting him on the show and then when he does show up,they make rude gestures and eveything else...tsk tsk

The most shocking part was how calm DJ was after getting struck/punched in the face. I would have immediately decked the guy, and it would have been self defense if the decking had occurred within one second of the punch/slap. It was humiliating for Don to stay after that incident, and I am puzzled as to why he stayed. Was he that desperate for publicity? What the hell was going on in his mind? That was just too bizarre.

• Like 1

I wish I knew: 1) what the "host" was saying in Italian and 2) what the translator guy with the mic was saying to DJ, presumably in English.Overall, I thought DJ handled himself well, given the insanity of the situation.

• Administrators

I give him a lot of credit for putting up with all their crap. I loved Don's reaction when he looked at the woman playing piano and she smiled back with teeth missing!

• Haha 1

This show 'Scherzi a parte' has been on italian tv for years (it can be described as a more extreme version of Punk'd meets Candid Camera btw the word 'Scherzi' translates to 'jokes' in italian) and I have watched it myself on numerous ocassions (via the italian channel I get). The shows main goal (basically it thrives) on embarassing and humiliating celebrities, artists and sports figures all over the world in many ways namely by pushing their buttons. They have been known to step over their bounds. Later, after the clip is shown, they usually have the 'celeb' appear on stage (in front of a live studio audience) with them to talk about their experience, obviously this was not the case here. I understood everything (even without the subtitles) and when Don said he couldn't understand what the host was asking he was dead on. It was meant to be that way (part of the joke). The best I can say (and Pandina appropriately said it best) that this shows practical jokes can be (at times) too mean and harmful. As was mentioned in other posts the beginning was silly and yes you could clearly tell Don was amused. I'd be thinking these people are nuts too! But the kiss, the slap (both which were instigated by the viewers that called into the program) and spilling water by the host was just flat out of line and rude. Johnson (who looked great might I add) was a real gentleman to walk off instead of knocking the hosts lights out (that's what he really deserved). But after watching that and being of Italian-Canadian decent myself, I'd like to sincerely apologize for that kind of italian programming (and those involved with that show inparticular) for the way it was played out in the end. I was ashamed of it. My own mom watched it and she too was disgusted by it. It was far from amusing and it could have gone down a heck of lot funnier had they continued with the singing and the toothless wonder who was playing 'In the Air Tonight' on the piano. They do usually tell the person whose being Punk'd that they're on the show right at the end. Sadly, it didn't even get to that since he stormed off and rightfully so. Frankly, I think Don got off easy since I've seen some horrible jokes in the past that I found far from funny. Please believe me when I say that there really are other good programs on italian tv, but I'm afraid that's not one of them.

• Like 1

Exactly Vicechic, great post!All things considered this show is crap but it was good to see that Don is back to a great look and I too would have loved to see his reaction when told it was a joke.We all know that Don is not an easy person to deal with, especially when it comes to MV: the fact that he gave his authorisation to have the joke to him broadcasted, well, it makes me think that all in all he has sense of humour and he basically wasn't that annoyed to let people see his face slapped!

If that's what they have on Italian TV then I ain't going on our possible Italy school trip next year.

We've got even worse!Come here, don't worry, you'll get so amazed by all the beautiful things we have that you'll forget to watch TV! :)

Wow, I don't think i've quite ever seen something that bizarre. I can't believe Don stayed on as long as he did.I'm all cool with a joke on someone, like Punk'd and stuff like that, but when you basically bait the celeb by grabbing them by the neck and kissing them, slapping them in the face, and throwing water on them, anything you can get them to do before they explode... I just don't find the humor in that.There's a couple of points I would've walked off, and Don stayed on, so I commend him for that. And of course, if he would've beat the guy down, it would've made national news, and they would've spun it to make him look like the bad guy.Just like with the paparazzi pushing people and calling them the worst things, and yet you don't get that clip - you get the clip of them striking back.Regardless of it being comedy, the interviewer is the lamest in history.

I was in Italy back in August 2006 visiting family and I watched some Miami Vice with Italian subtitles. It was awesome. So not all Italian tv is bad.And for all you perverts, regular tv programming over there is not really censored so use your imagination as to what you can see that you can't here....:D:)