DJ's humiliating interview

Tony D.

How did Don wind up on that piece of garbage show?

Basically, he was just promoting himself. Think - "any press is good press". But this is something that he would have liked to avoid. My best guess is that he had no publicity agent or press agent, so he booked himself on this show, and ended up on a TV show that he knew little about, and the end result ...

I was sat there watching it, thinking "this isn't to bad", but then the guy started getting physical, first with the kissing and then he slapped Don? What the **** was that about? Don showed enormous restraint there, and it goes to show you, not to believe all these people they call Don Johnson a dick etc.He seems like a pretty damn cool guy to me.

• Like 1

• 11 years later...
On 3/10/2009 at 6:05 PM, Tommy Vercetti said:

That sucks. Don didn't come across badly at all but those f*ckwits hosting it did. That's the kind of sh!t that's on TV in Italy?Don should've punched him out

beatme_small3a.gif

On 3/10/2009 at 10:12 PM, timm525 said:

I thought the first part was cute, silly and very funny. Don seemed a little amused and was in disbelief of what was going on. You could see him change to annoyance and the kissing and slap was out of line. As soon as the guy picked up the water I knew he was going to throw it on him. That was out of line and totally uncalled for. I think the interviewer was purposely trying to get Don to hit him. In the end I though the whole set up was pretty nasty.It seems like the media and others are constantly trying to provoke celebrities into doing something in proper this way they can try and sue or get media attention for themselves.

You nailed it, agree 100%

On 3/17/2009 at 11:59 PM, Miami Vice Pal! said:

To clear something up, when I mentioned before about Candid Camera and punk'd, I was referring to the practical jokes on celebs and not specifically the face slapping. My 2nd post I said I did not like them slapping him or the water throwing. All the other stuff was funny. Yes they took it too far by doing that and I bet if those 2 elements were not part of this, some of you might feel differently. They should've told DJ as soon as he was getting up to leave it was a joke. I guess I have a different sense of humor than most people. Did anyone other than myself find it at all funny? (again, I think it was funny MINUS the face slapping and water throwing)

I think it was amusing until the slap in the face. That was way out of line and uncalled for!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2009 at 1:18 PM, Viceman Cometh said:

I wish I knew: 1) what the "host" was saying in Italian and 2) what the translator guy with the mic was saying to DJ, presumably in English.Overall, I thought DJ handled himself well, given the insanity of the situation.

I saw that joke on youtube a few years ago before it got pulled down. The so called 'translator' with the mic was the 'mind' behind the prank. He was translating the interviewer's questions the wrong way to create a misunderstanding between DJ and the interviewer. That was the whole point.