Do you feel as if Tubbs is under-appreciated?

Detective_Crockett

Tubbs took more importance and consistance during the several seasons ...

But just a note, for me, in the movie of 2006 ... it was Crockett who was under-utilized ...

Matter of time maybe ... :freeze:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

Tubbs took more importance and consistance during the several seasons ...

But just a note, for me, in the movie of 2006 ... it was Crockett who was under-utilized ...

Matter of time maybe ... :freeze:

Or star power... Jamie Foxx in 2006 certainly wasn't PMT in 1986...:eek:

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

I’m watching season 4, much of which I missed originally. The focus on Crockett is a bit much for me. Then again, there are some terribly written episodes. 

If you think of the best episodes from season 1, there was a balance between the characters.  “Smuggler’s Blues” is probably the definitive Vice episode & Tubbs part very significant. 

• Administrators

The show was always meant to be Crockett’s story. Although he was his partner, Tubbs was always kind of a secondary character.

20 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

The show was always meant to be Crockett’s story. Although he was his partner, Tubbs was always kind of a secondary character.

I always got the feeling, early on at least, it was intended to be more of an ensemble or at least something where Crockett and Tubbs got more or less equal time. It evolved into something different, but if you look at the pilot I think Yerkovich was aiming for something more equal.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

The show became Crockett's story and DJ always had top billing, but the pilot seems to portray it as much more of a 50/50; we see Tubbs first and doing things first before we ever see Crockett, and he's the one who sets the whole series in motion with a revenge quest.

Starsky & Hutch were never conceived as an either/or (and probably didn't show up to direct with the idea this was only one guy's story).

• Like 3