MIAMI VICE SUNGLASSES MAKES, STYLES, & IDENTIFICATIONS

COOPER&BURNETT

Cooper' date='love the sunglasses.You can't beat them they are really nice.You must look :cool: in them.[/quote']I look cool, and sexy in them. :thumbsup:

I can vouch for that :happy: But alas..i havent seen Mr C&B since our honeymoon...he's a busy man :cry:

I know....I know..........Thank goodness you have a husband and a baby to fill the time! :thumbsup::);)

I know....I know..........Thank goodness you have a husband and a baby to fill the time! :thumbsup::);)

lol..well not a husband yet : ) ..but yes..i have been unfaithful lol

lol..well not a husband yet : ) ..but yes..i have been unfaithful lol

I will always forgive you no matter what. ;):)

Personally, I liked the Wayfarers best on DJ, although I didn't mind the Carreras. I bought my dad a pair of Carreras many years ago - and he lost them!! Grrr! I did get some discount, as we have a family friend who owns a couple of sunglass stores here, but still - he lost a pair of Carreras!! :rolleyes:I would love to buy a pair of Wayfarers - the 'new' model. I've seen a few female celebs wearing them and I like the look. I bought a pair of Ray Bans in the mid-90s - the 'Bohemian' style. But they just don't have the character of the Wayfarers.Thanks for sharing your collection Coop :cool:

• Like 1

Personally' date=' I liked the Wayfarers best on DJ, although I didn't mind the Carreras. I bought my dad a pair of Carreras many years ago - and he lost them!! Grrr! I did get some discount, as we have a family friend who owns a couple of sunglass stores here, but still - he lost a pair of Carreras!! :rolleyes:I would love to buy a pair of Wayfarers - the 'new' model. I've seen a few female celebs wearing them and I like the look. I bought a pair of Ray Bans in the mid-90s - the 'Bohemian' style. But they just don't have the character of the Wayfarers.Thanks for sharing your collection Coop :cool:[/quote']Ray Ban Wayfarer sunglasses are the ONLY sunglasses Coop wears. :cheers:

i am currently bidding on vintage :thumbsup:rayban 5022 tortoishell on ebay

Remember' date=' if you don't win, they have the NEW classic rayban wayfarers now. They are virtually the same as the old 80's versions.Chloe, my dear, click here![url']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15200-NEW!-80-S-WAYFARERS-ARE-BACK!

Thanks Mr C&B...I WON them...they are the ladies version so they dont swamp my face..now for the t shirt!

PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES! :dance2:

How exciting Chloe!! Yes would love to see pics!Coop - can I ask you about the re-released Wayfarers. So the ones that you have (model 2140, 902 with green lens & tortoise frame) - are they the closest ones to what Crockett wore? In the 50mm size?I have been comparing prices in various online stores & in some of the pictures, the 50mm looks on the small side. But on DJ/Crockett they look like a decent size.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just re-watching season 4 and also some of season 5 - is Crockett wearing black Wayfarers there, or did he only wear the tortoise shell ones?

I'm just re-watching season 4 and also some of season 5 - is Crockett wearing black Wayfarers there' date=' or did he only wear the tortoise shell ones?[/quote']Those are black frame wayfarers.

Those are black frame wayfarers.

Speaking of which' date=' I was just revisiting "Sons and Lovers" and was trying to figure out what kind of sunglasses Sonny wears during the funeral scene at the end.[img']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/sons43.jpgCrockett wore tortoise Wayfarers in Season 2. But these look black, which he didn't wear until Season 4. He wore Persols in Season 3.Any idea, C&B? Maybe they are tortoise but just look dark in the picture. But then I don't think Michael Mann would ever allow even the smallest clash of colors. :)

Thanks Coop :cool:Spyder - yeah I recall noticing that too. I am going to check that scene out again. I agree about the colour co-ordination!

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/sons43.jpgCrockett wore tortoise Wayfarers in Season 2. But these look black, which he didn't wear until Season 4. He wore Persols in Season 3.Any idea, C&B? Maybe they are tortoise but just look dark in the picture. But then I don't think Michael Mann would ever allow even the smallest clash of colors. :)

I looked at Crockett's shades next to castillo's black shades when they were standing next to each other. I played it in slow motion.....it's really hard to tell, as the scene is dark, and in many places in shady places. But at times when he turns his head, I seem to catch the glimpse of the tortoise shell color a bit on his shades.It's NOT difinitive, but I believe they are the Tortoise shell, but I admit, I could be proven wrong.

I looked at Crockett's shades next to castillo's black shades when they were standing next to each other. I played it in slow motion.....it's really hard to tell' date=' as the scene is dark, and in many places in shady places. But at times when he turns his head, I seem to catch the glimpse of the tortoise shell color a bit on his shades.It's NOT difinitive, but I believe they are the Tortoise shell, but I admit, I could be proven wrong.[/quote'] It's great how we can scrutinize these important details with DVDs that couldn't be done when the show aired in the 1980s. :thumbsup: Now if they would re-release the series on Blu-Ray, we'd have even better clarity to tell if those frames are tortoise or really black!

• 4 months later...

I am confused: Wayfarer L2052 or L2053?Hi,which model was worn by Sonny? You always read it was the Wayfarer L2052. But in the pictures shown here, its the L2053. Could anybody please help?thanks in advance

Hi' date='which model was worn by Sonny? You always read it was the Wayfarer L2052. But in the pictures shown here, its the L2053. Could anybody please help?thanks in advance[/quote']Yes, I can help. The actual sunglasses that Sonny Crockett wore in season 1 & 2 were....make and style: BAUSCH & LOMB RAYBAN WAYFARER 5022 50mm G-15 lenses Tortoise frames.

Yes' date=' I can help. The actual sunglasses that Sonny Crockett wore in season 1 & 2 were....make and style: BAUSCH & LOMB RAYBAN WAYFARER 5022 50mm G-15 lenses Tortoise frames.[/quote'] Thanks man, but both the l2052 and l2053 are wayfarers 5022.I own the l2052, there is l2052 and also 5022 engraved.Anybody could help?

• 2 months later...