MIAMI VICE SUNGLASSES MAKES, STYLES, & IDENTIFICATIONS

COOPER&BURNETT

Hey Cooper&Burnett, can you help me with info on the Carreras?Are they designed for the lenses to be swapped out? I'm guessing so from your photos.And which colour were Crockett's lenses? Brown Shaded or Burgundy Shaded? I'm colour blind so I can't quite tell.I've ordered a pair of Carrera Endurance (the modern version of the 5512 as as someone else has noted), but they are not available in the same frame / lens combination as in the pilot.Mine are "Black Palladium" frames (I assume Palladium refers to the arms), with Grey Polarized lenses (not shaded).If the lenses are interchangeable, I'd consider buying a different pair just to get the Brown/Burgundy shaded lenses.

• 1 month later...
Hey Cooper&Burnett' date=' can you help me with info on the Carreras?Are they designed for the lenses to be swapped out? I'm guessing so from your photos.And which colour were Crockett's lenses? Brown Shaded or Burgundy Shaded? I'm colour blind so I can't quite tell.I've ordered a pair of Carrera Endurance (the modern version of the 5512 as as someone else has noted), but they are not available in the same frame / lens combination as in the pilot.Mine are "Black Palladium" frames (I assume Palladium refers to the arms), with Grey Polarized lenses (not shaded).If the lenses are interchangeable, I'd consider buying a different pair just to get the Brown/Burgundy shaded lenses.[/quote']Maybe I can help. They are designed to be swapped, a pair of my vintage ones came with a pouch with extra lenses, I think there's pics with the same pouch in this thread. You shouldn't have to buy another pair just for lenses. You can get a shop to cut some for you. I bought some vintage ones, and they had modern replacement lenses, and tbh, the new lenses are 10x better than the old carrera ones I have in my other pairs. Carrera made some awesome frames, but their lenses are bad imo. I think even Crockett's had replacements, I can't see Carrera logo on left lens:http://www.neo2.es/blog/wp-content/uploads/miamivice02.jpgMaybe show this pic to the shop and tell them you want that color lens. It's just about impossible to even find those frames that crocket is wearing. They're like a burgundy/maroon fade. I have a pair that if you put them to the light you can see through the frame and the color changes. Mine look like black/brown normal, but through light they look blue and tan. The accent/logo between his lenses almost look metal as well, while on all pairs I've seen they are plastic. Maybe these were custom or limited edition?

Hey Cooper&Burnett' date=' can you help me with info on the Carreras?Are they designed for the lenses to be swapped out? I'm guessing so from your photos.And which colour were Crockett's lenses? Brown Shaded or Burgundy Shaded? I'm colour blind so I can't quite tell.I've ordered a pair of Carrera Endurance (the modern version of the 5512 as as someone else has noted), but they are not available in the same frame / lens combination as in the pilot.Mine are "Black Palladium" frames (I assume Palladium refers to the arms), with Grey Polarized lenses (not shaded).If the lenses are interchangeable, I'd consider buying a different pair just to get the Brown/Burgundy shaded lenses.[/quote']Just figured I'd give you a heads up as your new here and welcome by the way, Co op has been afk from the site for a few months now, if you need help we're here if you need us.best bet he hit burnout and is taking a I quit break for a few months, which is usually the best way to come back to something like this when you''ve become as devoted as Co - op was from the look of it.as that's usually the best way to recharge your batteries with something like that, which I did with an internet reviewer named SFdebris and my quest to find out why star trek went down the tubes for example. after I found out and figured it out I stopped watching him for a few months, probably something along the lines of that is happening with co - op.did go back to him by the way, although my quest is finished in that regard. never figured you could have the lenses replaced like that by the way, that's news to me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I assumed Carrera, but do you know the model number? I don't see it in the glasses thread.* I think I've figured what model they are. I just assumed they were more rounded because of the lighting in the picture.

• 1 month later...

Im sure these are Alpina Quattro Turbo - they are EXPENSIVE !

Yes they are! Thank you so much! I was looking at better pictures and noticed they were clearly not the Carreras I thought they were. Looks like I might have to sell off some of my Vice glasses collection to afford these lol! I have just about every pair Sonny wears, and alternates. These would be my first pair of Tubbs glasses.I think I'm going to buy a watch first though. Maybe I'll pick up a pair for Christmas haha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got myself a pair of stunning looking BAUSCH & LOMB RAYBAN WAYFARER 5022 50mm G-15 lenses  :D  :D 

]Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

More pictures:

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

can't wait to use these all summer long  :cool:  :)

Edited by Metro-Dade Police
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

God, I love the ALPINA sunglasses so much, it's funny because I thought Crockett never really did wear aviators, but he did when it came to the ALPINA.

• Like 1

My Alpina sunglasses are unworn, and new old stock. It was pretty pricey. I can't recall exactly how much I paid, but it was somewhere under $500.00 U.S..

My Alpina sunglasses are unworn, and new old stock. It was pretty pricey. I can't recall exactly how much I paid, but it was somewhere under $500.00 U.S..

Blimey....totally worth it though, I would  :cool:

all I have and are very proud of it is a shades called Turbo.its not expensive,got it from one Vicer as a B-day gift but they look 80s style so I'm walking down the street at summer like Don,all stylish and acting like a coolest cat in the block :)  :)  :) some people do not get it some see the resemblance from where that looks comes :)

• Like 2

I think that persol and alpina's shades are in another level of luxury , particoular design and wonderfull quality  .

B&L's wayfarer are closer but not the same level

Alberto

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

A favorite Ray Ban frame of mine. Has a MV flavor, because of the similarity to the Ray Ban Wayfarer, but has a little more sophisticated look to it.Ray Ban Clubmaster:1246919237_ray-ban-clubmasters_1.jpgArticle from AskMen.com:http://www.askmen.com/fashion/accessories/ray-ban-clubmasters.html"Yes, the Ray-Ban Clubmasters are definitely the set of shades for the here and now. They have a look that’s all their own and they bring a bit of retro coolness back to a world of mundane sunglasses. With one-of-a-kind framing, Ray-Ban Clubmasters stand alone in a crowd."These frames can be seen in MV episode "Honor Among Thieves?" being worn by the "doll killer" character.

Hello, I want to buy a pair of club master, I remember that there was a photo of DJ wearing them. He was off the set. Someone has it? I want to buy a similar pair... I don't know if they were black frame or tortoise, silver or gold.

Thanks for the help !

Clubmaster I dont know, all I can say is check ebay for the 100% sellers (dont risk anyone below that) for anything else it might be worth it to look up auctioneer10

hmm there was a photo of him with the TR in its original color on one of these threads and I thought maybe he was wearing aviators in it, while walking around it in casual clothes, maybe I was just seeing the lower half of the clubmans?

• 2 weeks later...

I think DJAngel has photos of DON wearing clubmasters in photos of Don with her at a golf course.

Looks like someone needs to spend more time in the Scrapbook section hmmmm?  What else could you have missed?