VICE GETS KEYS TO THE CITY!! (PHOTOS!)

COOPER&BURNETT

The cast of MIAMI VICE each got proclamations, and keys to the city of CHICAGO during thier "MIAMI VICE DAYS" at Chicago's Marshell Field's on September 8th 1985.Here are the rare photos!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildhttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/scan0004jpgcl6jpgfix6.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/KEYS.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/nbc177.jpg

Great pics and article! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Thanks Ell.a. I'm glad I was able to add the picture of the press badge along with this thread. Brings it more to life I think.

• 6 months later...

Another supreme post, thanks C&B!This day looks awesome, it was on DVD too, I wonder why they didn't tour the whole country, it'd cement MV even more as #1

Another supreme post' date=' thanks C&B!This day looks awesome, it was on DVD too, I wonder why they didn't tour the whole country, it'd cement MV even more as #1[/quote']What do you mean it was on DVD?

What do you mean it was on DVD?

Sorry I have a video somewhere where they mention the Chicago day, and show some clips, I thought it was on DVD but it must've been from some show, I'll try and find it.

• Administrators

Maybe not then but with his ties to the city and all he has done over his life time, I'm sure it would be possible.Not to long ago they totally dismissed a gun charge he was up on. I believe he accidentally had it in his brief case when he went to the airport. Although he does have a CWP, airports are generally a no-no. But then again, it was an honest mistake officer, really. ;)

Perhaps he should be honored as a cop, but he's not a big enough star to get the attention that VICE got when it was hot.

As hot as MIAMI VICE was, it NEVER reached number one (or even number 2) in the ratings.#3 was it's best outing. Once.

• 6 months later...
Love these' date=' Coop:clap: Don't recall seeing any of them before.[/quote']Not many did according to the amount of views, so that's why I brought these back up for everyone to see.This is why I encourage members to explore the SCRAPBOOK section.You might have missed something. :thumbsup:

• 6 months later...
Eingefügtes BildPolice declare crowds out of control shortly after the appearance of the VICE stars.They modeled MIAMI VICE clothes on State St., and participated in a motorcade.The autograph session was last - where the crowds became uncontrollable.

THanks for sharing these photos and information with us, Coop!:klatsch: I always enjoy to having a look into your scrapbok because you always succeed to surprise me!

Sounds more like a publicity stunt for the City of Chicago than anything the MV series/cast did for a city they were never in or even mentioned except once

THanks for sharing these photos and information with us' date=' Coop!:klatsch: I always enjoy to having a look into your scrapbok because you always succeed to surprise me![/quote']Why, thank you! You always say the nicest things. =):daumenrauf:

The picture with poster and the fan really helps cement how hot the show was and how much mania there was around pmt & djI sometime forget. You would not see that for today s tv shows.Thx for sharing coop! I really enjoy your work as a mv historian!ThxJ.