1986 Ferrari Testarossa Up For Auction In California

mvnyc

Nah why would they do a Car 1 and Car 4 situation with two brand new cars, as it just doesnt make sense,

gallery_471_5_9809.jpg

gallery_471_5_65852.jpg

and the difference were even more evident in S1, not to mention the things I noticed when we found out the volo car was indeed Car 1, the higher shocks in the front, the flatter smaller grill and all that and the car still has the taller shocks it looks like

hence why even though we had no proof that it was car 1 until they found out about the illegal vin change that honestly it didnt seem that unbelievable that it could have atleast been the body of Car 1

I mean it was one of those things where the only things that really stopped it from being it was the lack of a vin number that matched, until they found it, and the changes done to it in speed zone, which were considerable.

and the reason why I brought up cali is because of that photo of it over what looks to be up in the hills over cali in its original color for the 1986 calender

plus part of the production was in california apparently, with the editing I think, where they would ship the stuff to and from cali I think, it was something I heard about the latter seasons when they considered moving it to cali to keep it going post S5 to cut costs

and well you gotta figure that towards the end of season 2 they knew they were switiching to the TR, hence the Manual Shifting in El Viejo and Phill the Shill, and possibly trust fund pirates, so the cars might have already been delivered via the port of california and they were just trying to ease the change by doing that

and that actually fooled Mcburnie himself into thinking the cars had been switched to manuals, so just imagine what the audiece though

and also well I think there was alot of exotic importers there, but I dont really know of alot out of the east coast in that time period, outside of maybe new york

so Cali might have been the key port to get exotics from italy for whatever reason, as Ferrari Importation had more or less stopped officially in 1973, and restarted in the 80's around the time the TR launched, so the TR might have only had one way in because of that, as they might have been using the same channels they used to Import fiats to america, where the biggest market would have been a place with low rain and lots of sunlight.

and given the parent company, it makes sense as the only cars that america really got offically from ferrari was the 308, 328, 400 and the TR, no 365BB, 512 BB and the ones that did make it were grey market ones to my knowledge

and magnum used a 79 308 for the first seasons in the 80's and it was always 3 years behind the current model, maybe for the reason that importation was troublesome. hell theirs a chance that it was also used by Sammy and Dean in the 1981 film cannonball too. which you gotta figure wouldnt of happened if they were readily avalable, as that same car was also a magazine test car, used by road and track for a cross country road trip back in like 1980.

so I reckon it had to have been imported from italy to Cali, where they were setting up for S3, hence the photo with the trench coat that was never used and the Irish Eyes Outfit, transported to Miami For the Episode, repainted white in FT lauradale for Stones War,

of which I years ago found a photo of it there in its original paint job online, complete with a rare porsche 930 flat nose in the background from A Bullet for Crockett, and a white 1973 corvette that was used in Florence Italy, that was repainted black for Zitos final episode, of which they crashed.

and then for S4 it was worked over for easier to use and mount camera mounts plus maybe they put the back window back in it, so its gotta show all that in some way or another, as I think the one in the Swap Shop in FT lauradale is the Long distance shot car

where they never really took the bits off of it.

and this car, it just looks halfhazardly put together I mean why the color differences, and that major difference in the dash color, as that aint easy to switch out,  a white phone when they never used a Prop White Phone

the only explanation is that it was a studio lot promo lookalike car, like they do with alot of things, as some places have lookalikes of the Bluesmobile out front, along with other famous cars.

and there was a miami vice ride, so I bet that thing was parked outside of it like one of the back to the future deloreans back in the day. it doesnt mean that it was used in the show however.

unless theres an explanation for the dash, the carpet, and signs of use of some sort, outside of neglect and theft, as one of the locking bolts for one of the wheels is missing in the early photos of it shown online.

of which I think is dangerious given the center lock nature of the early cars.

also there is one other photo of the cars in the original paintwork, some newspaper clipping I found in one of your threads cooper, not sure if it shows it in miami however and I dont even know where to look for it really, but I remember those three

Popular Mechanics 1985/1986, with a production shot of El Viejo that Camera uses for his profile pic, and a shot of don next to the TR in miami in black, and another one of it white

the calender that looks like the cliffs above Cali at night and that Newspaper clipping of one of the TRs in black, side shot, small photo but I remember it. dont know if it shows it in Miami Or Cali. but it kinda looks like a fresh off the boat photo.

Edited by Kavinsky

Universal Studios is located in California. This car is in California. MIAMI VICE was in Florida. Florida to California is a distance of over 2,700 miles. Isn't there a Testarossa on display in Florida? Somehow, this still doesn't add up to me. Yes, a car can be driven / transported 2,700 miles, but something still doesn't seem right to me. 

I remember seeing one of the Testarossas used in series for sale in Hemmings many years ago.  I think it was located in Arizona at that time.  Since the one in Miami has probably "always" been there, the one for sale was probably the one in the auction.