Usernames

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Just a reminder when creating your username. I know that we have thousands of members and most Vice related names have been taken but please, when you create your username, take a little time and try to come up with something special and if at all possible something that is related to the show. Even though we have thousands of members I still come across some very creative usernames. 

My apologies to the user who tried to register with 000 and AAA but usernames like this show no effort at all and will just be deleted as spam.

• Like 2

My user name is not too creative but when I play my gigs, my sign says :

TONY D.

& his

Magic  Guitar

• Like 6

As I told in one of my trip stories seeing Don in San Francisco on People Are Talking TV Show, at commercial break he looked at us and said "What are you doing here, are you my angels?"  :)    He had seen us in Miami when we went there to watch MV filming.

• Like 7

So that is why you are called DJAngel. :) Nice!

I created my username Summer cause I like the summertime and 84 because of Miami Vice, the time when it aired on television.

I believe it was Coop, who told that Miami Vice became popular in the summer reruns, then I felt my username was a good match.

And yeah I noticed those two, who registered as 000 and AAA. I thought it was a bit strange and wasn't sure if they were serious.

I immediately came to think of batteries and barcodes. :D

Edited by summer84
  • Like 4

It would be neat if everyone would explain why they chose their username.  I'll bet there are lots of interesting Vice related stories out there.  Some, like mine, are easy to explain: Miami is my hometown, Jim is my nickname, and F is for Fiona Flanagan (Jackie in Little Miss Dangerous) who I have the pleasure to know personally.

• Like 6

Great post!

Well, mine is named after the main character of Dead Bang, a1989 movie directed by John Frankenheimer, featuring Don Johnson. The story is based on the real life of an LASD detective, Jerry Beck, portrayed by Johnson. Two more actors from Vice are featured in the movie, Bob Balabam (Ira Stone), and Penelope Ann Miller (The Death and The Lady, forgot the name of the character).

I chose that name for two reasons: first, when I came here for the first time I saw dozens of Crocketts and Burnetts among the posters, with or without the first or middle name and I just didn't want to find myself reading someone else's post wondering: "Is it me the one who wrote that?" The second reason is: I liked the character and I actually lived at least a couple of the scenes from the movie in my real life: the phone crashing (while talking to my girlfriend in my 30s) and the barf scene. It was at the hospital after a car accident: I warned the doctors to stay away, but they kept repeating: "Relax, Sir". They surrounded me and... just watch the movie and you''ll see what happened ;-)

After 1/2 years of membership, I have to say I'm still happy with this name.

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Mine relates to my interest in "The South East Asian Conference"! (Vietnam War).

I always loved the 'nam episodes on Vice! Especially "Back in the world"!

When I first watched it on the BBC in '85 I became interested in the Vietnam War.

This has continued to the present day!

Hence the name relating to the iconic camouflage pattern! :p

"Hence the name relating to the iconic camouflage pattern!" 

I agree that's the neatest field uniform the Army has ever had.  It was worn by SF and LRRP troopers.  

• Administrators

Wow! I didn't expect such a big response to this but I'm enjoying reading how these usernames came to be.

No big mystery to my username.  Waaaay back, when I first joined miami-vice.org (sometime around 2002) I kept trying various names but it seemed like everything I tried had been taken. I finally just typed in Ferrariman and it was accepted!  I've kept the same name throughout all the various Vice sites I've been associated with over the years and wouldn't change it for anything!

As I said, some members still manage to come up with some very creative stuff. One of my recent favorites is:    mirrorimageegamirorrim

Keep 'em coming!

• Like 4

On 8/16/2015 at 12:33 PM, Ferrariman said:

As I said, some members still manage to come up with some very creative stuff. One of my recent favorites is:    mirrorimageegamirorrim

Keep 'em coming!

Thank you, Ferrariman!  It's an honor to be recognized by you.  

As far as the story behind my name, I used to post under a different name, a name that I was very happy with, but I cancelled my account because of privacy concerns.  When I decided to rejoin the website after about a year-long absence, I was presented with the task of finding a new name that I liked.  I think better when I'm physically active so I listened for the voice of my muse while taking a walk.  The walk did its trick and I actually came up with two possibilities but this was the one I chose.  i'm saving the other name in case I need to create another account for some reason.    

I think the meaning of the name is pretty clear.  For a while now I've wanted to fill in my blank avatar with a particular shot from "Mirror Image". It's the one where Burnett is looking at himself in the bathroom mirror with his arm stretched out and his hand actually touching the mirror.  It would be perfect for my name.  By any chance can somebody help me with this?  I'm terrible with this sort of thing.           

• Like 2

:)  :)  :D

I still remind this little bar downtown Miami with this neon sign just above the entrance door....

22842971pp.png

and if it was built only in my crazy head. . . ;)  :fireworks: 

• Like 4

We had a thread on the .org thread asking what your username meant or came from. On there, I explained where COOPER&BURNETT came from. I'll re tell it.

Like many members here, CROCKETT is a very popular user name, as he is the main character. I tried to think up different names that would be somewhat original (I didn't know at the time how to look up member names that are already registered).

I'm sure CROCKETT AND TUBBS and names like that would have been taken, as there were quite a lot of members at the time (not as many as we have now!)  

While I was trying to come up with a name, a line that TUBBS said in YANKEE DOLLAR popped into my head, "We're your new runners Glide....Cooper and Burnett."  It's still Crockett and Tubbs, but just their undercover names!

That's where my username came from! (I think it has a better ring to it then BURNETT&COOPER.)

Someone, (I can't remember who) just used COOP for short when posting a reply to one of my posts, and it caught on. It's a shorter way of saying my user name, and easier to type! 

I also think mirrorimageegamirorrim is most likely the most interesting, original user names that I have come across on this, or any other website. Very, very clever!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 4

I think the meaning of the name is pretty clear.  For a while now I've wanted to fill in my blank avatar with a particular shot from "Mirror Image". It's the one where Burnett is looking at himself in the bathroom mirror with his arm stretched out and his hand actually touching the mirror.  It would be perfect for my name.  By any chance can somebody help me with this?  I'm terrible with this sort of thing.           

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/10038-090-mirror-image-blutiger-spiegel-1h-63526/

Its at the very bottom with the pictures :)  

• Like 1

• Administrators

All you need to do is ask, and you shall receive!  

On .org I used my abbreviated email name. Never wanted to. Just did it. I prefer anonymity. But when I made a straightforward one as possible here when someone quoted me the first time I didn't realize they were talking about me lol The uniqueness is in the Pink "Panather (ie PanaVision camera)" Panther avatar. Some .org people would get that. The good RB posted that they and one on the Season One PanaVision camera. I later found mine form when I was a kid and posted it. So that personalizes it for me ; ) And "TheEvilACamPullerWithAGoatee" (ala Mr. Spock in TOS Mirror Mirror) was taken lol (well not really but that would have been funny)

Edited by Miami Vice 1984
  • Like 1