Usernames

Ferrariman

Great post!

Well, mine is named after the main character of Dead Bang, a1989 movie directed by John Frankenheimer, featuring Don Johnson. The story is based on the real life of an LASD detective, Jerry Beck, portrayed by Johnson. Two more actors from Vice are featured in the movie, Bob Balabam (Ira Stone), and Penelope Ann Miller (The Death and The Lady, forgot the name of the character).

I chose that name for two reasons: first, when I came here for the first time I saw dozens of Crocketts and Burnetts among the posters, with or without the first or middle name and I just didn't want to find myself reading someone else's post wondering: "Is it me the one who wrote that?" The second reason is: I liked the character and I actually lived at least a couple of the scenes from the movie in my real life: the phone crashing (while talking to my girlfriend in my 30s) and the barf scene. It was at the hospital after a car accident: I warned the doctors to stay away, but they kept repeating: "Relax, Sir". They surrounded me and... just watch the movie and you''ll see what happened ;-)

After 1/2 years of membership, I have to say I'm still happy with this name.

the barf scene...one of the greatest moments in movie history! thanks Jerry for bringing it back to my memory :wuerg:

as for my user name...pretty obvious I guess...the Ferrari 365 GTS/4, unofficially called 'Daytona', but the 365 also stands for living the vibe of Vice 365 days of the year

• Like 2

Yep, we've had a thread like this before on here.  Mine is a no-brainer as well, back in 2004 when I joined .org, I was living in NYC and being a fan of the show from NY, I came up with the very unoriginal MVNYC...

• Like 1

I also think mirrorimageegamirorrim is most likely the most interesting, original user names that I have come across on this, or any other website. Very, very clever!

Sorry I took so long to say it, but thank you very much, C&B!  That is very high praise.  Blush-worthy actually.  

Well mine is not really vice related though I did hear it in the episode little miss dangerous and has been my nickname since school days so long ago

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Most of you know me for playing synthesizers, but I'm actually a bass player. WAY back in the infant stages of this site, I was playing fretless bass almost exclusively. It was my screen name for everything, and it still is, even though I play more fretted bass these days. I still try to keep from worrying, though ;) 

• Like 3

My user name, obviously not Vice related, however, since age 14 (yes, first time was age 14) I have had to remind law enforcement people about how I am to be addressed, 3 times. 

My first name, as on my birth certificate and ID, is a Spanish name, not easy for English speakers to pronounce (which is why all my English speaking friends and people I am on civil terms with, call me Maurice, my name in English) and so, the first time I was ever confronted by a cop, he was like "what's your name? MOOERIZIU? MORESHIO?" 

I said: "That's MISTER ROMAN to you, SIR."

Stuck with me, second time, I was asked what my name was. I told him, my name is Mr. Roman. 

Last time, cop wanted to get chummy with me, started speaking his High School/Ghetto Spanish to me and addressing me as Mauricio. I came back in REAL Spanish, told him "I can speak English fine.", switched to it, and reminded him "that's MISTER ROMAN to you, by the way."

So, me as a character on a police drama, be the first thing out my mouth:

"That's Mister Roman to you."

On 6/8/2016 at 0:38 AM, Vicefan7777 said:

Great story and funny Mr Roman! :D

Vicefan7777: please call me Moe, my friends call me Moe - and this goes for everyone on the Forum :)

It's cops and gov officials get that line.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2016 at 6:45 AM, Matt5 said:

Ha ha funny:D

I myself like Americans, but it's great fun to switch to English on Americans here, like I will patiently listen to person, answer in PROPER Spanish, watch person either go blank (even though I speak slower to foreigners) or watch the person realize I speak proper Spanish, since some have actually studied it for real, and then say: "English is ok by the way" - the facial expressions! :)

That's my default nice, which is my usual to the world at large, just cops I don't like.

Point is everyone, I am typically much nicer and more polite!

Moe

Agent 47 is the main character in the Hitman videogames. The reason I picked it is because when I had signed up on a now-gone other Miami Vice site I couldn't find any Miami Vice related usernames over there so I just went with agent 47. When I came over here I stuck with the username so everyone knew it was me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, agent 47 said:

Agent 47 is the main character in the Hitman videogames. The reason I picked it is because when I had signed up on a now-gone other Miami Vice site I couldn't find any Miami Vice related usernames over there so I just went with agent 47. When I came over here I stuck with the username so everyone knew it was me.

Contracts is my favourite title of the franchise!

• Like 1

I use a more unique name cause nobody else seems to take it, no matter which forum/site I am on.

Bilders is the surname of a character from a game called Far Cry 2, named Frank Bilders. An Irish mercenary for hire. A game I still enjoy from time to time this day!

I also decided to stick with this name for the purpose of selling Tennis items. It was tempting to use a Vice related name but I wanted to avoid any possibility of copyright, as I am already using their logo :D

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Bilders said:

I use a more unique name cause nobody else seems to take it, no matter which forum/site I am on.

Bilders is the surname of a character from a game called Far Cry 2, named Frank Bilders. An Irish mercenary for hire. A game I still enjoy from time to time this day!

I also decided to stick with this name for the purpose of selling Tennis items. It was tempting to use a Vice related name but I wanted to avoid any possibility of copyright, as I am already using their logo :D

Wow, I can't believe I didn't make that connection. I'm a huge fan of the Far Cry series. Absolutely loved Far Cry 2, it's my favourite of the whole series.

5 hours ago, James said:

Wow, I can't believe I didn't make that connection. I'm a huge fan of the Far Cry series. Absolutely loved Far Cry 2, it's my favourite of the whole series.

Mate it is timeless stuff isn't it! The atmosphere and the characters in that game really pull it together. The music too. Still my favourite of the series too.

• 2 years later...

Bringing this thread back - We have some really good usernames here, so I was wondering why people have chosen theirs. What was the inspiration?  Mine is not MV-related.  Chum was a nickname growing up so that’s why I chose it.  It also means friend so hope it shows a friendly side :)

• Like 1

jpm1 is my name Jean-paul Marchetti. not very creative i conceed, but easy to remember and fast to write when login in games, or forums. actually i recently changed my name, and decided to include my mom's name Jean-paul Baggioni-Marchetti. i decided that my mom has at least as much the same right than my dad to appear in my name. but i need to wait for my identity papers to expirate, to make the change officially. which won't happen until a couple of years. Marchetti is from Liguria Italy, and Baggioni from Corsica. but i'm 100% french, and will remain until the day i die. now you know it all about my name :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2016 at 11:37 AM, Dadrian said:

Most of you know me for playing synthesizers, but I'm actually a bass player. WAY back in the infant stages of this site, I was playing fretless bass almost exclusively. It was my screen name for everything, and it still is, even though I play more fretted bass these days. I still try to keep from worrying, though ;) 

My original name was “nofretz”. 

I thought it would be less confusing to just use my first name for people who are familiar with my Jan Hammer covers. 

• Like 1

It would be neat if everyone would explain why they chose their username.  I'll bet there are lots of interesting Vice related stories out there.  Some, like mine, are easy to explain: Miami is my hometown, Jim is my nickname, and F is for Fiona Flanagan (Jackie in Little Miss Dangerous) who I have the pleasure to know personally.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2015 at 9:36 PM, summer84 said:

So that is why you are called DJAngel. :) Nice!

I created my username Summer cause I like the summertime and 84 because of Miami Vice, the time when it aired on television.

I believe it was Coop, who told that Miami Vice became popular in the summer reruns, then I felt my username was a good match.

And yeah I noticed those two, who registered as 000 and AAA. I thought it was a bit strange and wasn't sure if they were serious.

I immediately came to think of batteries and barcodes. :D

Posted back in 2015. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

I chose mine because I love horror films about zombies and/or the living dead and because I like Miami Vice episodes related to Voodoo such as Tale Of The Goat and Whatever Works (about Santeria) they are somehow different from the rest of the episodes. And ''Vice Dealer'' because I wanted to add some Vice elements to the nickname, something associated with drugs (hmmm...a dealer who sells Voodoo powder to teenagers and gets busted by Crockett and Tubbs for creating a cannibal outbreak in Little Haiti maybe?) <-- That's a plot for a new MV reboot episode for Vin Diesel, free, by the way :) Could be great for airing it during Halloween! :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1