David Bellamy shunned by BBC for claiming global warming is a fallacy

Papa Legba

• 1 month later...
Guest neworder

Wow you posted this a while back dunno how it slipped past me.Nice to know someone else who shares my faithful surname is sceptical. Although I dont deny human induced climate change, I think it's too late to do much about it and it's a ploy, a new religion for people to follow and for governments to use as an excuse to tax us more. I'm not ignorant of the facts, I'm a Geographer afterall and I know that whatever we do, it will not stop global warming. We need to adapt properly, get our priorities right in the process, economics over environmental stupidity.SJB

• Administrators

The Earth has been going through heating and cooling phases for millions of years and all of a sudden we're arrogant enough to think we can stop it? What a joke. I don't know who david bellamy is but he sounds like someone I'd like! Oh yeah, and Al Gore can stick his books and movies about global warming where the sun don't shine!

NASA has reported that we have not heated up significantly since 1988.Al Gore, won't debate the issue, and Congress wants to hear only ONE side, not two sides. Sounds pretty communistic if you ask me.The Earth is going thru another cycle as it has for millions of years before the invention of the internal combustion engine.It's actually the biggest fraud perpetrated by mankind.Where's the epidemic of crack babbies they said we'd have?Why do we not hear about the ozone layer anymore?What happened to Acid Rain?In the seventies, they told us we were entering GLOBAL COOLING.The one question no believer can ever answer is...If Global Warming is man made, ...than why are we not still in the last ICE AGE? How did it melt all those thousands of years ago?

Here here!I couldn't agree more!There is far too much fear mongering and rhetoric going around these days about Global Warming. I agree that the earth is just going through a phase which is totally natural.Faithfully killing the Ozone...16 cylinders at a time

The Earth has been going through heating and cooling phases for millions of years and all of a sudden we're arrogant enough to think we can stop it? What a joke. I don't know who david bellamy is but he sounds like someone I'd like! Oh yeah' date=' and Al Gore can stick his books and movies about global warming where the sun don't shine![/quote']Amen, Ferrariman! I can't believe people now actually believe SUVs and cow farts (I'm not kidding you) started global warming, and it's been proven that the temperatures got cooler, just another money grabbing scheme by Al Gore. (Who is a walking hot air balloon)P.S. If David Bellamy is the person I'm thinking it is, I can't believe it has escaped my attention as well, the englishman I was thinking of has been on Your World With Neil Cavuto a few times.)

• Administrators

The only global warming I see is when my AC kicks off and it is August and a 100* outside.

On this site, OUR WORLD IS ON FIRE! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:MIAMI VICE RULES!

On this site' date=' OUR WORLD IS ON FIRE! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:MIAMI VICE RULES![/quote']And we don't need no SUV to do it!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hell, I'm all for global warming. If I thought it would make any difference, I'd use a can of hairspray every day (even though I'm bald) and go around feeding cows burritos.

Lol. Thanks for resurrecting my post, Neworder. I'm glad you did because it's an interesting issue to discuss, and I agree with every single word that all you guys have said.David Bellamy used to be a prolific character on British tv (mainly the BBC), during the 70's and 80's. He's a wildlife and nature expert, and presented a number of tv programmes back then (particularly for kids).He was particularly remembered for his distinctive voice and big bushy beard. I say was, because since all the paranoia about global warming came along, he's completed vanished from our screens here in the UK. The BBC would probably argue that this is because his views could be construed as political, and the BBC cannot be seen to endorse political opinions as part of it's charter. But that's bull****. The real reason is that they disagree with what he says, and have been regularly highlighting Global warming issues for the last two decades (not that that's political or anything!). They have a real boner when it comes to Global warming, and they basically want to silence him and his statistically correct assertion that in actual fact, world temperatures have been steadily decreasing since 1998!Like C+B said, almost all of Europe was covered in ice millions of years ago. I bet nobody would have complained about Global warming then! The UK and mainland Europe used to be joined, until rising sea levels separated them. Nobody was around to be spraying aerosols and burning fossil fuels back then. Let's not forget as well that the human population was also a fraction of the size it is now. Global temperatures have been fluctuating since the planet began, and it's always made me laugh how Environmentals say that we're "killing the planet". The chances are that if anything, the planet will be around a lot longer than we are! Even if it were true that we were going to destroy the climate to the point that our species would become extinct, then once we were no longer around to disrupt the environment, then the ecological balance would restore itself and the planet would continue to flourish millions of years after the extinction of the human race.The fact is that this is yet another example of the egotism and arrogance of human beings to believe that they are they are the sole masters of the global climate. The fact is that humans have probably influenced climate change, but only to a small, or negligable degree. The climate is going to change no matter what we do. And all living things on Earth will be ultimately be destroyed as well, but not by us, but by the Sun, when it begins to become a red giant in approximately 900 million years. So in the grand scheme of things, whatever we do is just pissing in the wind!

Guest neworder

wow, I'm impressed that some people out there are open minded, if I talk to pretty much anyone at university they shun me and think I'm mental and they are all green...I suppose things will change when they start paying Tax!I was revising for my Environment and Management exam yesterday and the evidence was right in front of me, there was a graph which showed that in how many thousands of years its been warmer about 3 times, and then we've had ice ages, all natural cycles as Ferrariman stated, I don't think they had Coal Powered stations, Dodge Ram's and Boeing 747s during the Medieval Warm Period!!! In the UK im quite pleased when its warmer than average, March's average is a dismal 48F but this year we got 52F in Durham which made it much more pleasant and a nice end to the dismal winter we've had (which was below average).

Give the man a medal!i'm sick to death of the Greenies telling me how to live my life. I recycle my rubbish..as ordered to by the council...then they don't recycle half of it because they don't have the facilities!Because of the recycling facists we only have general rubbish collected alternate weeks by which the flies are having a party! And we can only have one bin per family, so its usually overflowing despite recycling & composting!We can only leave out one bag of garden waste a week...as told to by the council...any more & we pay extra!Don't get me started on cyclists!Whats the best way to rule...by FEAR! I for one wouldn't mind it being a bit warmer here in the UK...summer is usally abysmal!

Guest neworder

Indeed, but even using the so called 'evidence' that Global Warming scientists present show that Humans pretty much have **** all to do with it.Eingefügtes BildHere is a graph with lots of lines, look at the right hand side first key down (ignore the top line graph) for temperature, go to the left hand side of the graph which is present day, now see the nice little red line that I inserted that extends out from the last 'warm period' peak which is quite clearly warmer than what it is now. I'm not sure if they had planes and cars and even non-energy saving light bulds back 150,000 years ago but yeap it was warmer then. SJB

Exactly. I find it bizarre that there is so much hysteria about how "man is killing the planet", generating an obsession with energy saving and conservation when it's simply not true, yet the one thing that people should be worried about but you don't hear anything of is overpopulation. In the early to mid 1970's, when I was born, there were 4 billion people in the world. Now there are 6.7 billion. That's a 67% increase. The way things are going there will be a global food shortage in about 200 years, leading to mass famine. Yet nobody tells us we should have less kids! Have as many kids as you like, just remember to put the right rubbish in the right bin!

Give the man a medal!i'm sick to death of the Greenies telling me how to live my life. I recycle my rubbish..as ordered to by the council...then they don't recycle half of it because they don't have the facilities!
Most of my rubbish from my room is paper and wrappers from various chocolates (it's starting to show a bit on my waist) so I get rid of it the old fashioned way: burn it in a burn barrel or in a leave pile! (Don't try this in England' date=' I hear you can't do anything like that there)
Whats the best way to rule...by FEAR!
Right on! BWAHAHA!:evil: Do these horns make my butt look fat?

• Administrators

I can guarantee you all that the only thing "green" about the next car I buy will be the color! ;)

My truck runs on gas, my boat is killing the ozone 16 cylinders at a time and my Lincoln is also a v8Shame on me....By the way Cloe, I love that pic you posted ... exceptionally funny for sure!

Guest neworder

LoL, but the biggest polluters always sound the best too.I cant live in a future full of Prius's and electric cars, I want the sound of a V8I can't stand quiet and whiney sounding jet engines, I miss the old engines on the old 747 classics.And cigarette boats, man they sound so much better than anything Sail driven lolMy basic point is, green tech = boringSJB

Exactly. I find it bizarre that there is so much hysteria about how "man is killing the planet"' date=' generating an obsession with energy saving and conservation when it's simply not true, yet the one thing that people should be worried about but you don't hear anything of is overpopulation. In the early to mid 1970's, when I was born, there were 4 billion people in the world. Now there are 6.7 billion. That's a 67% increase. The way things are going there will be a global food shortage in about 200 years, leading to mass famine. Yet nobody tells us we should have less kids! Have as many kids as you like, just remember to put the right rubbish in the right bin![/quote']Actually there IS a small movement in SAN FRANCISCO, CA.They say we shouldn't have any kids. If you have kids, they call you a "breeder". :rolleyes:When will this madness stop?