David Bellamy shunned by BBC for claiming global warming is a fallacy

Papa Legba

Well, there you go.Strange. I'm glad we don't have to hear about the "CARB" food craze anymore. I got a little tired of reading this in every magazine, and on every food package. I think that was started by the Atkins diet?

The Earth has been going through heating and cooling phases for millions of years and all of a sudden we're arrogant enough to think we can stop it? What a joke. I don't know who david bellamy is but he sounds like someone I'd like! Oh yeah' date=' and Al Gore can stick his books and movies about global warming where the sun don't shine![/quote']AMEN! Funny how everytime Al Gore gave a speech this winter about "Global Warming", there'd either be a snowstorm or it would be the coldest day of the year. Morons!Al can shove his Gulfstream Jet where the sun don't shine too, dammed hypocrite :thumbsdown: Also, they don't refer to it as "Global Warming" anymore. Now it's called "Global climate change." You know, just in case the earth starts to cool, they can still blame us for it. :rolleyes:

I remember he was driven to make a speach, and he had all the SUV's in a convoy runnning in the summer while it sat so the air conditioner would be working, thus it would be cool when he entered the SUV after the speach. THEN he got in his private jet, burning all that fuel, and telling us to tighten our belts, and conserve energy.You are all aware he's making MILLIONS on this global warming thing. That's why he does this. He's profiting! ....but he won't debate the issue with anyone.

Guest neworder

You are all aware he's making MILLIONS on this global warming thing. That's why he does this. He's profiting! ....but he won't debate the issue with anyone.

That's cos he literally doesn't know what he's talking about lol

Well' date=' there you go.Strange. I'm glad we don't have to hear about the "CARB" food craze anymore. I got a little tired of reading this in every magazine, and on every food package. I think that was started by the Atkins diet?[/quote']I remember that, all the Atkins and Nutrisystem, but it's been proven if you want to lose weight, you have to cut back on the junkfood and walk around, which some of these fatties bragging about that stuff never tried.

• 6 months later...
Guest neworder

So, Copenhagen coming up, what are people thinking?Not sure if the Americans on here will have heard about 'climate gate' where the e-mails were hacked at the leading climate research centre here in the UK at the University of East Anglia - rumours are that data has been mis-represented and some held back to dispell the truth. There is going to be an enquiry - not sure what to believe at the moment, but I'm still as sceptical as ever about making the feeble attempt to battle climate change. Let nature take it's course. In my opinion, climate change is being exploited; scientists need to say something controversial to get more funding, politicians want to use anything if it means getting more tax out us and the rich are using it as a way to limit poorer classes mobility. Prior to the 80's air travel and personal mobility (car) was only really reserved for the rich but thanks to the pro-competition policies of thatcher/reagon, anyone really can enjoy the delights of high levels of mobility - climate change policy is changing it. For all these reasons, I remain sceptical, Climate change isn't being battled, it's being exploited for gains by the rich and powerful in yet another effort to control the lower classes. Who's going to get hit hardest by green taxes and green technologies? The poor, making the poor poorer and the rich richer. This is why I'm against climate change action, it's all a con and it's being exploited for the wrong reasons.

I'm aware of it, however, it makes VERY LITTLE press here in the U.S. because the left controls all the papers and news. They don't WANT to let it get out. They are the mouth pieces for the OBAMA Administration.This proves what a fraud AL GORE really is.It IS fake, and the hacked emails have now proven it.However, even so........will anyone listen or still believe the fairy tail?Many people will just believe global warming is true, because the MEDIA and AL GORE told them it's true, and because most news agencys won't print the story, or the truth.

Guest neworder
Many people will just believe global warming is true' date=' because the MEDIA and AL GORE told them it's true, and because most news agencys won't print the story, or the truth.[/quote']This much is true, many of my university colleagues are concerned at my stance as a 'sceptic', to which I reply that at least I'm not a sheep following what the media says. The way physical Geography has been taught to me over the years has been very one sided, all pro-climate change happening. Sure they mention sceptics but they haven't gone into much detail; young people are being academically engineered to believe all this rubbish. However, going onto the BBC News Have Your Say section always pleases me, there are frequently more people there who are sceptical than are not, so maybe it's just the younger generations who have had global warming effectively thrust upon them that they have become believers - thankfully I have an independent mind and I spend a lot of time looking at arguments, crucially from both sides and this is where I've ended up - a sceptic. The evidence is not good enough and it's being exploited by governments, scientists and big business as a way to make more money and make the rich richer, the poor poorer (I consider myself a conservative, but when it comes to climate change I'm seeing myself turn to an increasingly liberal stance - climate change policy is going to make the poor worse off which is hilarious since we are supposed to have a left wing government here in the UK protecting the poor). But yes, you very right COOP!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So THIS is how we contribute to "global warming." :radar:http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/lifestyle/columnists.nsf/drpauldonohoue/story/BE5A104050CE7DD5862576B6006F270B?OpenDocumentA doctor with some sanity. Excuse me while I let one rip! :rolleyes:

That article was a "gas". :DI like the idea of telling the daughter to stop breathing, as the carbon dioxide she breathes out is contributing to "global warming".Gawd...it's such a fraud....:rolleyes:

Gawd...it's such a fraud....:rolleyes:

I guess we're "infidels" for believing that "man-made global warming" is a fraud. Osama Bin Ladin believes in it and blames the USA for it! :dance2::D :rolleyes:news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8487030.stm

NASA has reported that we have not heated up significantly since 1988.Al Gore' date=' won't debate the issue, and Congress wants to hear only ONE side, not two sides. Sounds pretty communistic if you ask me.The Earth is going thru another cycle as it has for millions of years before the invention of the internal combustion engine.It's actually the biggest fraud perpetrated by mankind.Where's the epidemic of crack babbies they said we'd have?Why do we not hear about the ozone layer anymore?What happened to Acid Rain?In the seventies, they told us we were entering GLOBAL COOLING.The one question no believer can ever answer is...If Global Warming is man made, ...than why are we not still in the last ICE AGE? How did it melt all those thousands of years ago?[/quote']I think thy used up all the acid rain making acid washed jeans!:D:clap: