Glenn Frey passes at 67

damrod

Glenn Frey, a founding member and guitarist of the Eagles, has died, according to  TMZ.

According to TMZ, Frey had been battling intestinal issues for months and had surgery in November. TMZ is told over the last few days, Frey’s condition took a turn for the worse.

After Eagles disbanded, Frey achieved solo success in the 1980s, especially with two No. 2 hits: the soundtrack songs "The Heat Is On" (from Beverly Hills Cop) and "You Belong to the City" (from the television series Miami Vice, the soundtrack of which stayed on top of the U.S. album charts for 11 weeks in 1985). His other contribution to the soundtrack, "Smuggler's Blues", hit No. 12 on the Billboard Hot 100. Frey also contributed the song "Flip City" to the Ghostbusters II soundtrack, and "Part of Me, Part of You" to the soundtrack for Thelma & Louise. During his solo career, Frey had 12 charting songs in the U.S. Top 100. Eleven of those were written with Jack Tempchin who also wrote "Peaceful Easy Feeling".

• Like 4

I've just seen on my facebook! When I've seen on my facebook I really shocked!!! OMG  :o Now, who is going to belong to the city ? I knew him with this song which he gave as soundtrack for Miami Vice. R.I.P. Don't forget us as we your fans to where you passed!

Edited by Knight&Crockett
  • Like 1

RIP PAL,

After the Eagles' 1980 breakup, Glenn launched a successful solo career, recording numerous hits ... most notably "The Heat Is On" and "You Belong to the City."

Glenn also got into acting, snagging a recurring role on "Miami Vice."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/18/glenn-frey-the-eagles-dead/#ixzz3xe3spBbE

post-5174-0-14343400-1453162508_thumb.pn

Edited by MTVcops

Heard on the way home tonight. RIP.

I heard it also on the way home & was shocked and saddened. Smuggler's Blues is one of my favorite episodes. Glenn did a believable acting job & had a good rapoire' with DJ & PMT.

I play a few Eagles songs and was trying to do Smuggler's Blues & You Belong to the City for Timm525 if we get to a Miami Vice Convention.

May you rest in peace, Glenn Frey! ;(

god damn it god, why dont you take someone we dont like for once why dontcha!

I mean 3 in 3 weeks, yeash....... I mean come on! atleast give us a break as its been like this since december started it seems like.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 2

Being a huge fan of the Eagles, this is a double whammy for me.

Tonight and this weekend there will be a special tribute screening of Smuggler's Blues. Beer on hand, but not sure if I'll be swallowing pills with it :p

This is breaking my heart....RIP, Jimmy the pilot. Another one gone way too soon. Will always remember myself walking down the streets of Sliema, Malta as a teenager at night during christmas vacation 1987, warm ocean breeze in my head, listening to 'You belong to the City' on my Sony Walkman, feeling like Crockett wandering alone through NYC... Thank you for this great moment of my youth and all the great music that accompanied me through my life, not just on MV, but also songs like Tequila Sunrise, Lyin' Eyes, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Take it Easy and oh so many more....HOW CAN YOU ACTUALLY BE DEAD? THIS SUCKS!!!! You're gonna be missed dearly, pal.

with all these legends taken from us over the last couple weeks, I think there must be some real good music being played up in heaven now...

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

Another sad one. A music legend with The Eagles and his solo and of course Jimmy the Pilot. I watched Smugglers Blues in his honour. Rest In Peace Glenn Frey.