Is Sonny wearing a ladies blazer here?

Detective_Crockett

• Administrators

It does look odd. Even I was thinking that the other day when I watched this episode.

It's so short, it reminds me of my Dad's old leather jacket from 1978.

Probably the worst SC look ever. You have to be a fashion pervert to mix vertical and horizontal stripes. Not to mention the toreador blazer and the axillar trousers. Want more? Ugly sunglasses and you're done.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jerry B. said:

Probably the worst SC look ever. You have to be a fashion pervert to mix vertical and horizontal stripes. Not to mention the toreador blazer and the axillar trousers. Want more? Ugly sunglasses and you're done.

But I like those sunglasses. :)

• Like 2

I like the sunglasses too, James.  Yeah, Jerry B., the vertical & horizontal stripes definitely don't go together!  :wuerg:

Sonny looks like he's saying, "Next time my jackets need cleaning, I'll take them to the dry cleaner instead of putting it in the washing machine."  :o :D

P.S. -  I'd like to know what Tubbs is thinking.

Edited by Tony D.

No...one sure way to tell is if the buttons are on his right (which they are in this case), it's a men's jacket. Women's jackets or shirts usually button from the left side  

Edited by mvnyc

3 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I like the sunglasses too, James.  Yeah, Jerry B., the vertical & horizontal stripes definitely don't go together!  :wuerg:

Sonny looks like he's saying, "Next time my jackets need cleaning, I'll take them to the dry cleaner instead of putting it in the washing machine."  :o :D

P.S. -  I'd like to know what Tubbs is thinking.

I think Sonny and Rico had that conversation earlier:

Rico:  "Man, no wonder you can't get a normal woman, with those clothes!  Did you put that jacket in the dryer?  And the vertical and horizontal stripe mix is not cool, man." 

Sonny:  "So what?  They were clean!  You're my partner, not my fashion consultant."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

To me, this jacket/scene with Crockett is likely a one-off as I cannot recall that short blazer style being all that popular around that time frame. I know there was also a publicity still with this jacket that included Tubbs and Castillo as well but that's the only other time I can recall seeing it.

• Like 1

It doesn't look so bad in the publicity stills!  I maintain that Crockett had tossed the shirt and jacket into a corner of the boat's cabin after one wearing, and forgot about them.  One day he was almost out of clothes and rooting around for something clean when he came upon them again. So what if they were a little the worse for wear ;)?

whelp... Miami Vice was still finding its rhythm during those early episodes. They were doing many things right, right out the gate, so in my book, they're forgiven for episodic fashion accidents like that... on the other hand, for better or worse, this really was Italian designer fashion in 1984...

I know I'm kinda on my own when I say this, but to me,  a much more cringeworthy fashion moment on "Vice" was the all turquouise linen suit that Crockett wore in "Prodigal Son". I mean, seriously... :thumbsdown: Vice was really over-egging it with that... but again, I know that I'm on my own with finding that one particularly horrible.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb airtommy:

To complete his look, he needs a tray with glasses of champagne.   :)

Yes!! I was thinking the same, he kind of looks like a waiter in that kind of jacket.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crockettt said:

season-1-pictured-philip-michael-thomas-

season-1-pictured-don-johnson-as-detecti

season-1-pictured-edward-james-olmos-as-

Notice in the top picture, the buttons are on the wrong side? I thought it was a ladies' jacket, but the picture is reversed because everything is going the wrong way!

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Notice in the top picture, the buttons are on the wrong side? I thought it was a ladies' jacket, but the picture is reversed because everything is going the wrong way!

It's a mirrored image, look at the gun on the opposite side also.

• Like 1

it still looks un-Vicey.as Jerry mentioned toreadors wear similar jackets.still at some point it looks cool and original but the other jackets and Don's outfits are more preferred on my book.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AzVice said:

if this keeps up pal's, Sonny is gonna have to clear his desk of all his other cases and make your lives one living...

tumblr_m7qlngePEr1qe3hdio1_500.png

I love that outfit! How can people not like it? It's one of the best ones, I also love the blue henley and cream jacket Sonny wears later in the episode when they're in the Wallstreet Office.

• Like 3

I don't know... look at this scene for example:

Miami_Vice_Style_Pastel_Educate_Elevate_

It just kind of looks too much.

I liked this kind of look a lot more... plain white, tapered waist blazer, with a dark, but not necessarily a black T-shirt underneath:

Miami_Vice_Blues_Glass.jpg.5f31ab1eb9373

but -- to each their own... :cool:

Miami_Vice_Style_Pastel_Educate_Elevate_80s_Fashion_large.png.jpg

Miami_Vice_Blues_Glass.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

I don't know... look at this scene for example:

Miami_Vice_Style_Pastel_Educate_Elevate_

It just kind of looks too much.

I liked this kind of look a lot more... plain white, tapered waist blazer, with a dark, but not necessarily a black T-shirt underneath:

Miami_Vice_Blues_Glass.jpg.5f31ab1eb9373

but -- to each their own... :cool:

Miami_Vice_Style_Pastel_Educate_Elevate_80s_Fashion_large.png.jpg

Miami_Vice_Blues_Glass.jpg

The powder blue suit looks a lot more dressy. I like it but also prefer the traditional Crockett look! :thumbsup: