Is Sonny wearing a ladies blazer here?

Detective_Crockett

8 hours ago, James said:

It's a mirrored image, look at the gun on the opposite side also.

That's what I mean.......the negative was turned the wrong way when the print was made.

I wasn't much of a fan either of the powder blue suit Crockett wore in Prodigal Son, but what bothered me particularly was the fit. It looked to be too long both in the jacket and sleeves, as well as the slacks as they rode high up on him.

I think the powder-blue jacket looks overall too big--very wide padded shoulders as well as too-long sleeves.  However, thinking back it seems like that oversized shoulder look was popular, as were the higher-waisted, pleated loose-fitting trousers.  Like it or not, some of that fit may be just intentional for the style (just as with the short, striped toreador-looking jacket).

I just remind myself that the squad didn't always choose their clothes by personal taste, but by what was available in the confiscated goods stock ;)  

Edited by vicegirl85

season-1-pictured-don-johnson-as-detecti

Crockettt asked me where this photo was taken, so I marked it here:  https://binged.it/2bsetmL

They are in Jose Marti Park near downtown Miami.  The camera is looking northward.  Between Tubbs and Castillo is the 4-story East Coast Fisheries building that has since been demolished.

• Like 1

It's a spencer jacket. It became quite popular throughout the mid-eighties...I remember I had one myself, though plain navy blue. While I mostly agree with Jerry B. on this being the worst Crockett outfit ever, at the same time it was kind of post-modern, as it somewhat foreshadowed S3 style. Sonny was wearing a lot of those short jackets in S3. As someone said in this thread, they were experimenting in those early episodes...things had to look expensive and hence sometimes over the top - confiscated clothes from decadent people. Still today, expensive quite often ain't exactly tasteful and a lot of rich folks dress horrible. This was an exeptional outfit in Vice-terms, for me personally I find it way too busy with those narrow and mixed stripes, and on top, it's even earth tones. The t-shirt had its first appearance in 'No Exit' by the way, and it looked odd already then, combined with a grey chambray blazer (see below)

As for S2 clothing... I've said it before in other posts, IMHO some were cool and defining the image of MV that people keep in mind to the day, some just went over the top and were too elaborate. S1 was more pure in some sense. Expensive brands, sometimes combined in a very bold way that was breaking the ground for a new, unique concept of cop show

image.jpeg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

Okay, I've FINALLY uploaded the little videos from my trip in May 2016. Here are the two I made at Jose Marti Park. They are short, so you may do a lot of pausing to see what you want to see.

I thought these were fitting here with all Jose Marti Park talk. I'll repost these (and the others) in my May 2016 Vacation thread.

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

Daytona74.......The blue jacket Crockett is wearing looks real nice. The only problem is, it looks a little big on him.

• 1 month later...
On 13/08/2016 at 7:59 AM, Detective_Crockett said:

He probably isn't, but this blazer it's so short! It almost looks like a ladies one. 

FB_IMG_1471071472573.thumb.jpg.bc5a3b84c

FB_IMG_1471071472573.jpg

Yes I don't like this one at all- he only wears it in this Season 1 episode I believe 

• Like 1

I liked the gold striped t-shirt when it was with the solid coloured blazer like here, but yeah…the horizontal and vertical stripe combo is a bit too much:wuerg:

no-exit-0041.jpg

• Like 1

On 14 August 2016 at 2:04 PM, Daytona74 said:

I don't know... look at this scene for example:

Miami_Vice_Style_Pastel_Educate_Elevate_

It just kind of looks too much.

I do like that outfit but he kinda looks like a giant marshmallow.:)

0W6Jk6AX.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I liked the gold striped t-shirt when it was with the solid coloured blazer like here, but yeah…the horizontal and vertical stripe combo is a bit too much:wuerg:

no-exit-0041.jpg

I agree......never mix vertical & horizontal stripes. With this jacket, it looks good. In the marshmallow pic., his shoulders look so wide & the length is almost like an overcoat! :p

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Yes I don't like this one at all- he only wears it in this Season 1 episode I believe 

LOL, it looks like he got caught in the rain & it shrunk!  :D

5 hours ago, Tony D. said:

LOL, it looks like he got caught in the rain & it shrunk!  :D

Ha ha ! Very true an awful jacket 

The tee looked good with the grey jacket in " No Exit" though Tony I thought 

:D

Edited by Matt5

18 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Ha ha ! Very true an awful jacket 

The tee looked good with the grey jacket in " No Exit" though Tony I thought 

:D

Yes, Matt.......it looked good because there was no clash of stripes or checks.

4 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Yes, Matt.......it looked good because there was no clash of stripes or checks.

You may buy this jacket on eBay one day if available if you like so much Tony ha ha :D:)