"VICE" HOMES IN MY AREA (PHOTOS)

COOPER&BURNETT

Nice neighbors....Didn't by chance see one exiting on roller skates and bending...Never mind..:p......Anyway, like them all especially the third one down (with the flag pole)...Kinda gives me a castle/fortress feeling.....Very nice photo's COOPER....Definitely looks like Florida...Mike

WOw!Some very nice houses however the third one with the flag out front looks similar to a prison we have here in Ontario????Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?That pink one is very nice too. I like the upper glass deck area.

What are some of those lot sizes ? (fractional acre, or Sq Ft)... Some of those side lot setbacks appear really tight....Looks like you could reach out and knock on your neighbor's window

Nice neighbourhood! The first two homes are too grey for my taste, all concrete (and I have concrete enough here where I live) and the one with the US flag does look like a prison.I like a lot the blinding white one with the blue roof, it’s a color combination I’ve always loved, so I say this one’s the best, and second is the one with the circular roof on top of the entrance, I also like the color and the glass wall.I now need to know: what's that plastic bag almost every home has at the entrance? Garbage? :eek:

I now need to know: what's that plastic bag almost every home has at the entrance? Garbage? :eek:

:) It was the day they were delivering the current phone book.

So this is all S. Cali right?Could you tell us the city or county?

To keep my privacy, all I'll say is that it's North of L.A.. One can get out a California map and kind of figure it out.

What are some of those lot sizes ? (fractional acre' date=' or Sq Ft)... Some of those side lot setbacks appear really tight....Looks like you could reach out and knock on your neighbor's window[/quote']Your right, the lots are very close. Still, there is security and enough privacy.Well, these homes are not as big as the REALLLY, REALLLLY big monsters north east of me, but these are pretty big.What you will notice is only about 160 homes are on the water, the rest are in seperate gated "communities", or "villages". As one can guess, the lake front properties go at a huge premium.EVERY home is a custom job. There are no two homes alike. There really isn't much of a yard with these homes on the water. Your back yard is a lake. Some have fountains, lawn, or a swimming pool on thier property, but the bigger the "back yard", the smaller the home generally, unless they build up. The square footage varies amoung all the custom homes, but one by me is 4374 with three garages 4 1/2 baths, and 5 bedrooms with 14 ft ceilings. Not a monster home, but it's big.My name at the digital entry gatea is correct, but the few neighbors that I have met, I tell them my name is James Crockett. They would never look up thier next door neighbor, as they can enter the gate anytime, as they live there. There's no reason to have me change it to CROCKETT. Not sure if the community leaders would let me anyway. I'd screw up my deliveries and such.The lot sizes also vary with these custom homes, but the two by me are 7797and 8712. Hope this helps.

:) It was the day they were delivering the current phone book.

What? Do you mean they throw them on your entrance? No kidding! If I were living in the blue-roofed home I'd demand to have the book delivered to my doorstep with a big beautiful bunch of flowers, courtesy of the telephone company! Here I live in a condo, they leave all the books piled up on the floor in the building entrance, you pick your copy and leave the old one to be discarded.

What? Do you mean they throw them on your entrance? No kidding! If I were living in the blue-roofed home I'd demand to have the book delivered to my doorstep with a big beautiful bunch of flowers' date=' courtesy of the telephone company! Here I live in a condo, they leave all the books piled up on the floor in the building entrance, you pick your copy and leave the old one to be discarded.[/quote']Your right! How DARE they!What's the meaning of hand delivering telephone books on our driveways without even flowers? I mean, reallly, how hard is it to make an appointment to see me, personally knock on my door, and bow as they hand me my telephone book wrapped in flowers. The NERVE!!

To keep my privacy' date=' all I'll say is that it's North of L.A.. One can get out a California map and kind of figure it out.[/quote']OK - got it. So that would be the San Fernando Valley. I did not see any mountains in the photos.

Nope, Too north. Also depends on which direction the shot was taken to not see mountains....Ah, what do you say we just forget it eh?

Your right' date=' the lots are very close. Still, there is security and enough privacy..[/quote']Not kickin' the size, but the in 'farm country' (with a sunset over an endless horizon of water) lot sizes are sick (there's that word again) in comparison......big hill / summer-only/private commune....fun to watch the 'under 40-ft class' of speeders out there getting killed by the chop /// but, every now and then, you hear the thunder of a big TwinMercs burning up serious TurboBlue at a great clip...enough pre-noise to get us outside and watch..and watch then just scream to the north a few miles and race back to the marina before they have to deploy some old-school Navy die markers..(happened last summer)..its also fun to watch Coast Guard Heli manuevers with full helio-diver jump offs for rescue practice....

The square footage varies amoung all the custom homes' date=' but one by me is 4374 with three garages 4 1/2 baths, and 5 bedrooms with 14 ft ceilings. Not a monster home, but it's big.[/quote']How is humanely possible that you have 4 1/2 baths? :)You mean 4 big ones and 1 small?

How is humanely possible that you have 4 1/2 baths? :)You mean 4 big ones and 1 small?

I'm sorry, you misunderstood, the house NEXT to me has 4 1/2 baths. I only have 2 1/2 baths.

My confusion is about the 1/2 bath. How can you make a half bath? :confused:

A half bath is a toilet, and sink, but not shower or bathtub. Therefore, I only have two tubs and two showers, and three toilets.

Here we call it a "service bathroom" to show the difference with the main/master bathroom that is fully equipped.Half bathroom, I'm still laughing! Strange things happen on the other side of the Ocean ;), not to mention the never-seen-before plugs you have in your kitchen!I feel I HAVE to post my comment about them on your other tread ;)

Here we call it a "service bathroom" to show the difference with the main/master bathroom that is fully equipped.Half bathroom' date=' I'm still laughing! Strange things happen on the other side of the Ocean ;), not to mention the never-seen-before plugs you have in your kitchen!I feel I HAVE to post my comment about them on your other tread ;)[/quote']It's great learning about great countries like ITALY, where they have great cars, people, clothes, culture, food, art, style, flair, ...and strange electrical plugs.

Ah' date=' what do you say we just forget it eh?[/quote']Don't worry, Coop.Your identity is always safe with me. I'm the Burnett to your Cooper (or would that be the other way around)???I've been around the OCB squad room for a while, even before the Thanksgiving 2008 scare when we had to move to a new office over the holiday weekend, when some nasty crack dealers took the old office hostage and tried to bomb us out. See that - I'm a survivor, too. I admit to sometimes stopping by the old OCB office every once in a while, just to see what's up. Seems pretty dead over there lately. Hopefully some nice new residents will move into our old office building, and might even be able to push out the dealers - I guess time will tell on that one.I'm glad we threw down our old badges, and signed on with the new OCB, and that the previous Sheriff came over with us, to keep everything running in a competent and professional manner.There, I'm done with that mini-rant. Be cool, Coop.

Hey Pandina, The white house with the blue roof is the one I wanted .....but I could settle for the one with the triangular roofs! :thumbsup: 2 past the blue roof!

Don't worry' date=' Coop.Your identity is always safe with me. I'm the Burnett to your Cooper (or would that be the other way around)???I've been around the OCB squad room for a while, even before the Thanksgiving 2008 scare when we had to move to a new office over the holiday weekend, when some nasty crack dealers took the old office hostage and tried to bomb us out. See that - I'm a survivor, too. I admit to sometimes stopping by the old OCB office every once in a while, just to see what's up. Seems pretty dead over there lately. Hopefully some nice new residents will move into our old office building, and might even be able to push out the dealers - I guess time will tell on that one.I'm glad we threw down our old badges, and signed on with the new OCB, and that the previous Sheriff came over with us, to keep everything running in a competent and professional manner.There, I'm done with that mini-rant. Be cool, Coop.[/quote']Richie Rich, There aren't many out there cooler than you Pal!Your a great guy, and I'm honored to have you as my partner (cooper or burnett). I also enjoyed the mini rant, and hope that those that are still hanging out there will FINALLY figure it out, and just come over here where we are. You and I pal, were loyal.

Hey Pandina' date=' The white house with the blue roof is the one I wanted .....but I could settle for the one with the triangular roofs! :thumbsup: 2 past the blue roof![/quote']I have a couple of homes here with pinkish or mauve colored roof too!I'm not kidding.