Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

On 12/31/2019 at 3:09 PM, buford_t said:

I've always thought "Catch My Fall" by Idol would have worked well, too.

Definately And a good song - Vice sure like Idol in the year 1986-87 he had no less than 3 songs on the show.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

This came out in '85 and definitely has the Vice sound. Wasn't a big hit (at least here in the US) but I heard this version on the radio back then and really dug it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, buford_t said:

This came out in '85 and definitely has the Vice sound. Wasn't a big hit (at least here in the US) but I heard this version on the radio back then and really dug it.

Great song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buford_t said:

Kind of an obvious choice here, but what a great song that fits the mold.

This has a season a season 4 or 5 vibe to me. I guess because they used one of their songs during the Burnett trilogy. I’ve always loved this song though. 

• Like 2

This would have fitted like a glove in season 1.

Also does anyone else think it would have been great if Tina was in the show, maybe as Trudy's older sister or aunt?. She can clearly act from watching Mad Max 3.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

This would have fitted like a glove in season 1.

Also does anyone else think it would have been great if Tina was in the show, maybe as Trudy's old sister or aunt?. She can clearly act from watching Mad Max 3.

I can see that.  Fun fact...Her saxophonist Timmy Capello was a guest star in the "Theresa" episode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone may have suggested either of these before, and if so I apologize:

Edited by buford_t
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, buford_t said:

Someone may have suggested either of these before and if so, I apologize:

I’ve never seen them here. Great songs! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

This Fear - Soldier of this Fashion (1985)

Season 2. The way this songs starts off I think it would work well as an episode begins, while the team are about to make a drug bust.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

Released in 1985, I don't know maybe season 3?

Its such a shame this band was short lived, the lead singer has a great singing voice. I love a lot of their songs.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Released in 1985, I don't know maybe season 3?

Its such a shame this band was short lived, the lead singer has a great singing voice. I love a lot of their songs.

You may know, but for those who don’t, Red 7 was one of Mike Rutherford of Genesis’ side projects (along with Mike + the Mechanics). Counting all of those, is there anyone else in music that can say they had music in Miami Vice from three different bands?

One of Sting’s Police songs is in The Maze, and he sings with Phil Collins in Sons and Lovers and Prodigal Son, but that’s not quite three different “bands”.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

You may know, but for those who don’t, Red 7 was one of Mike Rutherford of Genesis’ side projects (along with Mike + the Mechanics). Counting all of those, is there anyone else in music that can say they had music in Miami Vice from three different bands?

One of Sting’s Police songs is in The Maze, and he sings with Phil Collins in Sons and Lovers and Prodigal Son, but that’s not quite three different “bands”.

I never knew Red 7 was one of Rutherford’s side projects- interesting!:cheers:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

These great musicians were so important to the show, especially Phil. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bren10 said:

Great choice! I also think this Cars tune would have been great:

Y'know, some folks might think this thread is pointless or stupid or whatever, but to me it's a place to find great music that has that Vice feel. Some you may have never heard before and others you might have forgotten. I dig it a lot.

Edited by buford_t
  • Like 1

There's a ton of Cars stuff that would've fit. Just about the entire Door To Door album could've been used imo the same way Peter Gabriel's So was so heavily mined for tracks.

• Like 1