'Miami Vice' Reboot From Vin Diesel in the Works at NBC

sredd

10 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Well...seems it will be set for 2020 now...

I wish! But as long as the only source for that is the end of this promo spot, I highly doubt. At least until some official statement comes up. As I said before, a tweet from NBC or Vin Diesel, an interview, or anything with substance. 

1 hour ago, squeezem3 said:

I wish! But as long as the only source for that is the end of this promo spot, I highly doubt. At least until some official statement comes up. As I said before, a tweet from NBC or Vin Diesel, an interview, or anything with substance. 

But lets see...how much time NBC took to record/film the MV pilot in 1984? How much time NBC took to record/film a season?  How many months before the premiere, NBC started to record/film a pilot? Im not so sure about these data, but...we are in march...are we in hurry to release this year?? Or they have time enough to do that?

20 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

I'm wondering why there's still a discussion about it. There's absolutely no prove at all that a reboot is going to happen. Nothing except a Miami Heat promo spot months ago. Published from an unknown YouTube channel. No statement from NBC, no tweet from Vin Diesel since then. Nothing. Someone trolled very successfully. 

Im still thinking why to talk about a shit movie done in 2007 and sold as double side promo sale with another bad movie on dvd. I just hope no mr. Kyle as tubbs.

• Administrators
On 3/12/2019 at 7:21 AM, Mr. Calderon said:

Well...i keep thinking....why DJ is not into this new vice? he read the script and it sucks? hes not interested? its goofy? Its a parody? Its not enough money? they didnt call him?

Yeah, it seems odd considering that a few years ago he himself was considering rebooting it and was in discussions with some people. Perhaps Vin Diesel beat him to it and he's a bit salty? :)

On 3/11/2019 at 9:24 PM, Vincent Hanna said:

The irony is that if they do a reboot set in the present, it's going to resemble the 2006 movie more than the actual show :D How exciting.

This is partly why I don't want it trading on appearances by Johnson and Thomas as Crockett and Tubbs - it would automatically mean it's not set in the 80s, and surely that just increases the chances of it being no more than another generic modern-day cop show indistinguishable from all the others people have cited.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:59 PM, squeezem3 said:

It's not the only source. It was reported in the media before that promo video existed. I think Variety broke the news.

Edited by Leigh Burne

5 hours ago, Leigh Burne said:

This is partly why I don't want it trading on appearances by Johnson and Thomas as Crockett and Tubbs - it would automatically mean it's not set in the 80s, and surely that just increases the chances of it being no more than another generic modern-day cop show indistinguishable from all the others people have cited.

It's not the only source. It was reported in the media before that promo video existed. I think Variety broke the news.

Actually if Atomic Blonde could pull off an 80s set/vibe, I think they could here but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

12 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Source?

i watched a video about it saying 2020, @youtube...and @imdb still there are the info about it, not sure about release date.

By the way, where is your source?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Assasinge said:

image.png.cd8cc49997b202331bf2c3daae6eb3f1.png

So guys.

It's happening.

Source for the image? 

7 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Some youtube video promoting miami heat basketball uniforms that are 80s themed

Oh yeah, I’ve seen that. Still not sure it’s legit ha haOh yeah, I’ve seen that. Still not sure it’s legit ha ha

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

You ok there pal?

:) Not sure what happened there...

i only typed it once! :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Interesting enough, Vin Diesel apparently is not working on it anymore according to the Wrap:

https://www.thewrap.com/don-johnson-talks-potential-miami-vice-reboot-video/

Can't say I am disappointed; not a big Vin Diesel fan. 

With Don coming back in, let me sum up my dream scenario:

- Synthwave soundtrack all the way. For heaven's sake, no gangsta rap Bad Boys style music; synthwave will be the perfect nod to the original series, with still a stylish modern taste to it. Great Synthwave artists out there. Suggestion: Junkie XL:

- Don back as Crockett. Awesomeness all around, but how to make that work? I see him in a Castillo position (lieutenant) but who also gets in to the action occasionally. Still a total bad ass, in hopefully a retro (stolen?) Ferrari

- PMT occasionally in a guest starring role. I would like to think he is retired, living a sort of playboy lifestyle in the Caribbean as a PI. But gets brought in once in a while for an undercover assignment. 

- Filmed in Miami. Seems like a no-brainer, but that 2006 movie was filmed for 70% in a fake Cuba and other Latin American countries. I wanna see SoBe, art deco, sunshine, sunsets/rises and girls in bikini's. 

- Offshore boats must return. 

- Fashion, but in a stylish way. Current fashion sucks; I want to see expensive outfits; again not those 2006 outfits that looked...vanilla.  

Edited by MennoinSF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MennoinSF said:

Interesting enough, Vin Diesel apparently is not working on it anymore according to the Wrap:

https://www.thewrap.com/don-johnson-talks-potential-miami-vice-reboot-video/

Can't say I am disappointed; not a big Vin Diesel fan. 

With Don coming back in, let me sum up my dream scenario:

- Synthwave soundtrack all the way. For heaven's sake, no gangsta rap Bad Boys style music; synthwave will be the perfect nod to the original series, with still a stylish modern taste to it. Great Synthwave artists out there. Suggestion: Junkie XL:

- Don back as Crockett. Awesomeness all around, but how to make that work? I see him in a Castillo position (lieutenant) but who also gets in to the action occasionally. Still a total bad ass, in hopefully a retro (stolen?) Ferrari

- PMT occasionally in a guest starring role. I would like to think he is retired, living a sort of playboy lifestyle in the Caribbean as a PI. But gets brought in once in a while for an undercover assignment. 

- Filmed in Miami. Seems like a no-brainer, but that 2006 movie was filmed for 70% in a fake Cuba and other Latin American countries. I wanna see SoBe, art deco, sunshine, sunsets/rises and girls in bikini's. 

- Offshore boats must return. 

- Fashion, but in a stylish way. Current fashion sucks; I want to see expensive outfits; again not those 2006 outfits that looked...vanilla.  

Miami Vice theme should remain too, i mean, ok, it can pass some retrofit. Imagine Miami Vice without the jan hammer´s theme is the same thing of imagine Hawaii 5.0 without the classic or rebooted theme..

By the way, current fashion sucks, current music sucks too. Current world. We were much more simpler those days...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Follow the 2006 movie style? Cmon, if theres a way to make this thing happens is to bring Don back and forget what MM thinks of MV...

• Haha 1

If Diesel is out and Don is being approached: I’m betting my left nut that Don is trying to get on the producing chair. 

He owned/owns Nash Bridges; we all remember the 20 million he received a few years back. I’m sure he wants to try that trick again with Vice. 

Wonder if he and MM will work on this together. Don seems a changed man. Super relaxed and casual the last few years; the ego is out of the door, he also mentioned that numerous times that he was a diva before. I credit his wife actually for the new and improved Don; she seems a stable person, no Hollywood weirdness 

I’m psyched guys. We can’t go back to the 80’s and we can’t make Don 35 again either. In that aspect it seems a bit late. However; Don is looking remarkably fit. Fitter than when he was making those crap Italian films or when he did Moondance Alexander; he must have weighed 50 pounds more then and this was 13-15 years ago.

also; I mentioned synthwave popularity. There is more 80’s interest with the new coming to America movie, a new Beverly Hills cop movie, the popularity of stranger things on Netflix, even the fashion: I see more sport jackets and T-shirts again. Don himself was rocking it at the Toronto film festival again. 80’s are back and it’s not ridiculed anymore but embraced.

so yes, maybe all the stars aligned at the universe and this is it: the Vice resurrection we have always waited for. As Mr C said; forget that sorry excuse of a Vice movie of 2006. Nice try, no cigar. It missed everything that made Vice great, this however is the chance to make it all back, if only for just 1 season.

lets hope they get it right  I’m on board!

• Like 2