'Miami Vice' Reboot From Vin Diesel in the Works at NBC

sredd

Basically, yeah. He said the show could have a new Ferrari if they got rid of the fake Daytona. No idea if it was literally his, but it was gifted to the production.

Am 6.11.2019 um 16:34 schrieb Assasinge:

Well the Testa also came on because Enzo Ferrari liked the show so he donated one of his I believe too, no?

He donated two black ones in fact and they had it repainted white shortly after as black reflected too much and was hardly visible at night. They just shot Shadow in the dark at the time of this decision.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 9:56 AM, Tom said:

He donated two black ones in fact and they had it repainted white shortly after as black reflected too much and was hardly visible at night. They just shot Shadow in the dark at the time of this decision.

Why was the Daytona fine to film at night? after all it was also carbon black.

Edited by RedDragon86

20 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I’ve always thought it had to do with the shape. It had lots of rounded, curvy extremities, where the Testarossa had lots of corners and right angles. It seems to me the former would be more forgiving with lighting at night. 

Surely there’s at least one black Testarossa video on YouTube where there’s a night shot that we could see for ourselves...

• Like 3

vor 38 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

Right but a convertible with a different chassis shape. I assume that has a lot to do with it.

Obviously I was not part of the team making that decision, so I cannot explain it. I just passed on information that I had. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I’ve always thought it had to do with the shape. It had lots of rounded, curvy extremities, where the Testarossa had lots of corners and right angles. It seems to me the former would be more forgiving with lighting at night. 

Surely there’s at least one black Testarossa video on YouTube where there’s a night shot that we could see for ourselves...

I cannot even find one video of it in black at night, not even a black F40.

4 hours ago, Waqas said:

Hey Pal, did you compose these sound tracks on Soundcloud? --> https://soundcloud.com/jerrybeck/ 

Yes Waqas, that's the story: in 1989 I was asked to score the music for a documentary about underwater life so I put down some ideas for the production. I've always been a big fan of Jan since his days with Mahavishnu Orchestra and Cobham, his work for Miami Vice opened up a new way to write music for media, and I thought that kind of vibe would work with the mysterious, nocturnal mood of the deep sea. The documentary was never released, and my tracks remained at the stage of pre-production demos, I was lucky enough to be paid for a half.

In 2014, when I joined this community I thought it would have been nice to resurrect those old tracks for the guys here, so I trans-coded my old Atari floppies and rebuilt the arrangements with my present equipment in my studio.

11 hours ago, Jerry B. said:

The Daytona becoming a Lambo? Go back to school and study, Vin.

I hate this car. Too tacky those back wings..

Edited by Mr. Calderon

I would have more faith in the reboot being a semi success if the producer had talent. Might as well be Dwayne Johnson or Jason Stantham producing it. 

A talented person with real vision like Denis Villeneuve would have been the ideal scenario.

Edited by RedDragon86

• 1 month later...

I can only see it being a good show, if it's a time piece set in the 80s with the vibes of the first two seasons but mixed with the tone of S3-5. I can't see Vin Diesel bringing any emotion into the show. Probably getting Jason Momoa to play Crockett and Kevin Hart to play Tubbs with 5 chases every episode.

This thread needs to be locked, it's already confirmed the Vin Diesel reboot has been canned as stated in articles where DJ was "kicking around some thoughts about a Miami Vice reboot" as of this October, if I'm not mistaken.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 9:50 PM, Assasinge said:

This thread needs to be locked, it's already confirmed the Vin Diesel reboot has been canned as stated in articles where DJ was "kicking around some thoughts about a Miami Vice reboot" as of this October, if I'm not mistaken.

Your mouth should be locked.

• Administrators
On 12/15/2019 at 6:50 PM, Assasinge said:

If it's confirmed that it's been cancelled, why do you bother to keep posting here?

On 11/12/2019 at 6:31 AM, RedDragon86 said:

I think it had more to do with the fact that a real Ferrari Daytona was loaned to the studio for shooting the pilot episode, and it was black. So when the first replica Daytona was leased, it was leased in black to match. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Leigh Burne said:

I'm not sure it was ever officially confirmed that it's off, just that Johnson was talking about his own thing.

If anything I would say its happening. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 8:23 AM, Ferrariman said:

If it's confirmed that it's been cancelled, why do you bother to keep posting here?

Why is anyone else posting here then?