Miami Vice Pilot STRIPPER IDENTIFIED

DetectiveNoire

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2019 at 9:54 PM, Dadrian said:

Just want to make sure you guys saw this. She has been identified. @Mr. Calderon @RedDragon86

I think the interpreter from "Baseballs of Death" quite strongly resembles the stripper from the pilot. The credits have her as "Karina Etcheverry", however Karina looks completely different on the few photos of her available on the web. 

translator.jpg.2eed7a4b98a284f175b14a4ae06823d1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dadrian is cleaning his shotgun right now :)

however this is the topic i'll check endlessly each time a new message is posted. just in case someone posts new pics of Susie Coehlo :p

no man it's impossible that this is not her. omg Dadrian is aiming at me right now :)

9n1vhb4yt7m7971t.jpg?djet1p5k

Edited by jpaul1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, jpaul1 said:

Dadrian is cleaning his shotgun right now :)

however this is the topic i'll check endlessly each time a new message is posted. just in case someone posts new pics of Susie Coehlo :p

no man it's impossible that this is not her. omg Dadrian is aiming at me right now :)

9n1vhb4yt7m7971t.jpg?djet1p5k

On 2/13/2018 at 11:15 AM, timm525 said:

Folks I'm not so sure it is Susie Coelho for a few reasons. 

A little research (google) shows she worked on an episode of the Six Million Dollar Man, The Song and Dance Spy, season 3 episode 4. She was born in 1953 and stared in this episode in 1975 putting her at 22 years old. She also starred in this episode with Sonny Bono, her future husband (1981-1984). In 1984 she would have been 31 years old. It appears to me the dancer from Miami Vice was in her early to mid 20's, maybe 22-24 in 1984. I think with her marriage to Sonny Bono at this time or ending, there would be some kind of mention on the internet (by now), or a news article, statement, interview about Sonny Bono's wife/ex-wife starring in the pilot episode of the new show Miami Vice at that time. 

As a Six Million Dollar Man fan too, I just watched her on the Song and Dance Spy episode. I don't see her at 22 in that episode dancing at 31 in Miami Vice.

I think she would have been too popular with her tie to Sonny Bono to have gone unnoticed on the internet (something would have shown up by now) playing that stripper part in MV. Also I don't think Michael Mann would have wanted to use a known person for such a minor role at that time. Of course I could be wrong. 

I don't think it's her. I think at that time they were casting for dancers they did an open audition and probably 1000 beautiful local Miami dancers/models tried out for the part and this one won it. 

Jpaul, if you have not seen the Six Million Dollar Man, The Song and Dance Spy from season 3 episode 4 recently, then go watch it. That is Susie Coelho at 22 years old. See if you think that she is the same girl as in the pilot episode of MV. Mind you she would have been 31 in 1984. The stripper looked to be early 20’s.

Not the same girl in my opinion.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2019 at 1:35 PM, Dwarf Farkward said:

I just found and bought Miami Vice Season 1. I bought it because I knew her and wanted to have the memory of her. Her name is (or was) Johanna Morrane (I am not sure of the spelling). She is Italian, she was a very hot beautiful model (not a stripper) in real life. She lived in the Hollywood-Ft. Lauderdale area at the time of the movie. She had long beautiful strait hair, it was pushed up for the movie. She had a very sweet personality and fun to party with and a great dancer. She called us the night before the movie premiered and told us to watch the movie that night. I never saw her again after the movie. Where ever she is I wish her well and hope she is happy.

Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to find any source on her with info or photos. Do you or anyone else have links to her bio? 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

one of the gorgest girls in one of the coolest show ever. i need to know, and i will know. soon, or later i will know! :)

Edited by jpaul1

On 10/12/2019 at 2:35 PM, Dwarf Farkward said:

I just found and bought Miami Vice Season 1. I bought it because I knew her and wanted to have the memory of her. Her name is (or was) Johanna Morrane (I am not sure of the spelling). She is Italian, she was a very hot beautiful model (not a stripper) in real life. She lived in the Hollywood-Ft. Lauderdale area at the time of the movie. She had long beautiful strait hair, it was pushed up for the movie. She had a very sweet personality and fun to party with and a great dancer. She called us the night before the movie premiered and told us to watch the movie that night. I never saw her again after the movie. Where ever she is I wish her well and hope she is happy.

@jpaul1 I’m confused. Was this post not proof enough for you, did someone disprove it, or do you mean you want to find the (probably by now a gramdmother) Johanna Morrane he’s speaking of?

first, and based on my own internet experience. be cautious, with posts of someone who has very few postings. I'm not insulting anyone. i'm just saying this is internet. It could be a totally responsible adult, as it could be a bored kid as well

second, yeah i need more info of course. among others pictures

• 1 year later...

I am a member of a MV Facebook page, and the girl who played the stripper in the Pilot has recently joined that as well. Her name is Joanne Morana. I scanned really quick through the past few pages of this thread, but didn’t see if she’d ever been definitely identified. If she was, then I’m repeating...but, thought I’d share her name. 

She talked about having to dance to “Somebody’s Watching Me” (by Rockwell) for over 8 hours while they tried to film the scenes, and that they also had to keep re-filming because PMT could not remember all the right words to lip-synch to for his scenes, lol!  But, she said he was very nice to her, and it was an amazing time and fun to be a part of that back then. 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

vor 13 Minuten schrieb ViceFanMan:

I am a member of a MV Facebook page, and the girl who played the stripper in the Pilot has recently joined that as well. Her name is Joanne Morana. I scanned really quick through the past few pages of this thread, but didn’t see if she’d ever been definitely identified. If she was, then I’m repeating...but, thought I’d share her name. 

She talked about having to dance to “Somebody’s Watching Me” (by Rockwell) for over 8 hours while they tried to film the scenes, and that they also had to keep re-filming because PMT could not remember all the right words to lip-synch to for his scenes, lol!  But, she said he was very nice to her, and it was an amazing time and fun to be a part of that back then. 

On Facebook, she also outed herself as the dancer from the pilot episode, but there's no photo of her there.

10 minutes ago, Christine said:

On Facebook, she also outed herself as the dancer from the pilot episode, but there's no photo of her there.

Yeah, it’s the MV Facebook page I mentioned above. Granted she didn’t post a current photo of herself there (at least not yet)  but she provided enough information, humor, and trivia for those parts of the pilot that it sounds legit to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

@ViceFanMan can you share a photo?

I’d love to, but she didn’t post a current photo of herself, at least not on the MV Facebook page. But I will see if I can find one of her. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

I found these on Google. Idk if it’s the same person from your group though:

9F4DF0C4-40F4-4555-922E-B57C35E3E5C9.jpeg

359FD7D3-FCA8-4AA0-BE01-0DCD9330F70E.jpeg

I would say those look a lot like her. I looked a little bit more under her name on the Facebook page, and there is sort of a picture of her for a profile, but it’s had “filters” of some kind done to it for effects—and I can’t copy the image. But, this looks like her & that photo. :thumbsup:

vor 37 Minuten schrieb ViceFanMan:

Yeah, it’s the MV Facebook page I mentioned above. Granted she didn’t post a current photo of herself there (at least not yet)  but she provided enough information, humor, and trivia for those parts of the pilot that it sounds legit to me. 

So we've met each other on this site. What name do you use there?