Miami Vice Pilot STRIPPER IDENTIFIED

DetectiveNoire

3 minutes ago, Christine said:

So we've met each other on this site. What name do you use there?

My actual name, lol. Not that I really care, but I’ll PM it to you. 

• Like 1

i don't see the same woman. the hair is not the same, the mouth isn't similar. I'm not saying it isn't her. But one should take with tweezers what people claim on the internet. again i'm not affirming anything. but well...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

i don't see the same woman. the hair is not the same, the mouth isn't similar. I'm not saying it isn't her. But one should take with tweezers what people claim on the internet. again i'm not affirming anything. but well...

If you mean the pictures @Dadrianposted, those were from a Google search, he said. However, I can truly see that being Joanne now. Hair changes over time (styles, growth, thinning out, etc...), and almost 40 years later, I can totally see that being her with facial and lip work done at some point. We have to remember we’re trying to compare a young girl from 1984 to now. 

• Like 2

OMG, LOL!  Didn't this issue get threaded a long time ago, (and caused a LOOONG debate with tons of arguable photo-snaps)?  You're just asking for trouble visiting THIS topic, LOL!
Yes, ViceFanMan is right---I loosely remember on one of the fan sites somewhere, the actress did come forth and say hi, to clear things up about her identity, but LOL, even afterward posters were challenging who she was, whether the snapshots were legit, whether someone put her up to this, oh it went on and on for a while.  
"Okay, mister mouse, sitting there three inches off my kitchen floor, with your long grey tail with your naked hind legs, and got pictures of your family in your wallet with you---PROVE to me you're a mouse!"    :eek:

But hey, let's not call our adorable "Tubb's intro prop" a stripper.  With her as the film-prop, it's a script-PERFECT way of introducing Thomas' character to the audience who's never seen a show like this before,... his intro is fanatically different from how Don's character is first introduced to the audience,... more like a Noogie's attitude of night excitement,... then shockingly typed against the sawed-off shotgun menace Tubb's becomes while sitting in the parked car.  Wowww, guy.  
But no stripper.  She didn't lose a THREAD of clothing, and didn't look like she was planning to.  You could tell she's totally serious about her art.  Totally.  No,...TOTALLY serious.  You can't see it in her eyes?  
No losing laundry here.  Jennifer Beals' performances shook off more than OUR girl's dance was ever going to.  

What?  The sign on the door?---I don't care what the sign says.... she wasn't going to strip.
Heeheehhee.

Edited by Augusta
  • Like 1

Bah...thats kinda easy tô find...lol

What about the unknown owner of the bouncing boobs (the dadadadoom-dadadadoom lady) on the MV opening?

Edited by Mr. Calderon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Augusta said:

OMG, LOL!  Didn't this issue get threaded a long time ago, (and caused a LOOONG debate with tons of arguable photo-snaps)?  You're just asking for trouble visiting THIS topic, LOL!
Yes, ViceFanMan is right---I loosely remember on one of the fan sites somewhere, the actress did come forth and say hi, to clear things up about her identity, but LOL, even afterward posters were challenging who she was, whether the snapshots were legit, whether someone put her up to this, oh it went on and on for a while.  
"Okay, mister mouse, sitting there three inches off my kitchen floor, with your long grey tail with your naked hind legs, and got pictures of your family in your wallet with you---PROVE to me you're a mouse!"    :eek:

But hey, let's not call our adorable "Tubb's intro prop" a stripper.  With her as the film-prop, it's a script-PERFECT way of introducing Thomas' character to the audience who's never seen a show like this before,... his intro is fanatically different from how Don's character is first introduced to the audience,... more like a Noogie's attitude of night excitement,... then shockingly typed against the sawed-off shotgun menace Tubb's becomes while sitting in the parked car.  Wowww, guy.  
But no stripper.  She didn't lose a THREAD of clothing, and didn't look like she was planning to.  You could tell she's totally serious about her art.  Totally.  No,...TOTALLY serious.  You can't see it in her eyes?  
No losing laundry here.  Jennifer Beals' performances shook off more than OUR girl's dance was ever going to.  

What?  The sign on the door?---I don't care what the sign says.... she wasn't going to strip.
Heeheehhee.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Bah...thats kinda easy tô find...lol

What about the two blondes on the MV opening crédits and the unknown owner of the bouncing boobs (the dadadadoom-dadadadoom lady) on the MV opening?

In all honesty, from what I scanned through real quick before, I didn’t notice negativity or “attacks”, just a bunch of possibilities & theories...but I didn’t get through every post. However, no debate on her name any longer...that’s been identified. 

If it was previously identified somewhere before, that’s cool...I just remembered this thread from before, and when she actually joined the FB page it prompted me to post her name here. 

As for the pictures @Dadrianposted earlier...they look pretty close to her profile pic on the FB page, and taking almost 40 years into account I can definitely see similarities. But, I’m not definitely stating they’re positively her. I invited her to join this site...so, who knows...maybe she’ll show up sometime! :dance2: 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Calderon said:

the dadadadoom-dadadadoom lady

Have you searched for that user name? :) 

• Haha 1

She responded to a post I left on the FB page...I copied it and am posting it here. Here’s a little more background to her and how she got the part:

Joanne Morana: “I almost didn't go to the audition. Back then I was doing alot of hair,fashion,dance shows.back then those were so popular like at Mr.pipps in ft.lauderdale and club Manhattan in miami to name a few.my friend and DJ at Y100..Tramonti Watts, called me and just about forced me to go to miami and audition. I was a cocky little dancer back then ,didn't bring music,wasn't stretching like the other dancers,i was sitting on the floor in the hallway reading lines with the women who would get the part of sonny's wife..so my turn to audition comes up, there they are these people sitting behind a table and they asked for my music...i say just put anything on ...never in a million years did i expect a call back..i got the part and well i never told anyone and the nite it showed on TV my friends were like ..was that you..tubbs was sweet,we were in the same makeup room..i could tell this was a big deal for him,i have a pic of that someplace...who knew how miami vice would change how people dressed but how south florida was viewed and it was a scandal. The newspapers kept on talking about a scantily clad woman...me..I still have those clippings...thanks for still remembering me”

Just some interesting behind-the-scenes info...this is the kind of stuff that really makes shows interesting & more enjoyable, in my opinion. :dance2:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Have you searched for that user name? :) 

We stayed here ALL these years asking who were on the MV crédits, but i think Michael Mann used stock footage of Miami. Not really did customizei footage by himself. AM i right?

I also did a Google image search for Joanne Morana, and one of the pictures @Dadrianposted before I found as well. It has her name & was from another social media account of hers, and it referred to herself as a bronxgirl. The profile pic she has on Facebook also has a background pic saying Bronx girls are the best...as she is from Bronx, NY. So, I think we can safely say the pictures Dadrian posted earlier are of Joanne. Keep in mind, almost 40 years have past since the MV Pilot, we all get older & change, people in showbiz sometimes get lip & facial work done which can alter somewhat how they look, etc... But I can definitely see similarities: 

A26138A9-78A4-4CE3-9BC2-63631AFE5203.jpeg

E255C0DD-7BBA-42E3-9BA3-A0BFB364DEB2.jpeg

23B5CBFF-7F7F-4DF5-AC11-CE80FC87223D.jpeg

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

I'm from the Bronx, but I didn't marry a girl from the Bronx. She's from Portchester,N.Y. which is in Westchester County. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

I also did a Google image search for Joanne Morana, and one of the pictures @Dadrianposted before I found as well. It has her name & was from another social media account of hers, and it referred to herself as a bronxgirl. The profile pic she has on Facebook also has a background pic saying Bronx girls are the best...as she is from Bronx, NY. So, I think we can safely say the pictures Dadrian posted earlier are of Joanne. Keep in mind, almost 40 years have past since the MV Pilot, we all get older & change, people in showbiz sometimes get lip & facial work done which can alter somewhat how they look, etc... But I can definitely see similarities: 

A26138A9-78A4-4CE3-9BC2-63631AFE5203.jpeg

E255C0DD-7BBA-42E3-9BA3-A0BFB364DEB2.jpeg

23B5CBFF-7F7F-4DF5-AC11-CE80FC87223D.jpeg

Unbeliavable...  :P

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

I'm from the Bronx, but I didn't marry a girl from the Bronx. She's from Portchester,N.Y. which is in Westchester County. :thumbsup:

When it’s love...it’s love, lol! =) Wishing you guys all the best & many years to come! :dance:

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Unbeliavable...  :P

Yup...pretty cool & fun that we’ve not only discovered her name, but that she’s conversed with some fans & provided some fun & interesting backstory info for her part & how she got it! :thumbsup: 

the mouth is very different. if she's got under surgery, then it was clearly a massive one. the nose looks similar though. something bothers me a little bit tho. why she calls him Tubbs, and not PMT. I don't want to appear the rude guy of the pack. But that question is one of the one i really, really want to uncover. So i want to be sure. i mean that stripper is really a cute girl in the show, and the scene a cool scene. I just want not to be mistaken. I apologize to Joanna if she's really the one. I hope she'll understand :)

1 hour ago, jpaul1 said:

the mouth is very different. if she's got under surgery, then it was clearly a massive one. the nose looks similar though. something bothers me a little bit tho. why she calls him Tubbs, and not PMT. I don't want to appear the rude guy of the pack. But that question is one of the one i really, really want to uncover. So i want to be sure. i mean that stripper is really a cute girl in the show, and the scene a cool scene. I just want not to be mistaken. I apologize to Joanna if she's really the one. I hope she'll understand :)

But she hás the scene Photo on her Facebook?

the series photo. or an out of the series photo. if it's the case, if she has a photo taken outside the series, then yeah we can say the probability is very high

4 hours ago, jpaul1 said:

3 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

But she hás the scene Photo on her Facebook?

1 hour ago, jpaul1 said:

the series photo. or an out of the series photo. if it's the case, if she has a photo taken outside the series, then yeah we can say the probability is very high

It’s basically been confirmed it is her. She’s probably had a lot of facial and lip work done in the past, but it’s not that huge of a difference almost 40 years later. I’m sure she called some of the cast by their character names so some fans on the FB page would know who she was talking about. The theories of who she possibly might be on this post were also mentioned there...she thought they were interesting for sure, lol! :) She also provided another pose she did for a dance gig around the time she did MV...said she hated the pose, but provided it as more proof she is the dancer as she still had it & it helped get her more gigs at the time. 

50DBB548-C9D9-40C0-8279-D52E87A2CD11.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, VICE365 said:

I have an issue with this, I contacted her a year ago and here is the copy of the email and her reply. 

Screenshot 2022-05-13 7.27.31 PM.png

Her name is spelled differently in your email than on the poster. Are you sure you emailed the same person?

If you visit the website of that domain, you’ll find this photo of that person, which definitely not her. 

9C36C680-185E-42EF-A13F-0AFE523DB01F.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

ViceFanMan you're a serious detective. frankly but really frankly i would have bet that question would have stayed a mystery forever. I mean we searched so long, so hard for that thing. Congratulation. So Dwarf Farkward was right

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VICE365 said:

I have an issue with this, I contacted her a year ago and here is the copy of the email and her reply. 

Screenshot 2022-05-13 7.27.31 PM.png

The above email was to a different person, as the name is different. So, no the ‘Johanna’ is not the dancer. Joanne is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ViceFanMan said:

The above email was to a different person, as the name is different. So, no the ‘Johanna’ is not the dancer. Joanne is.

Okay. You can see my edited post above :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

ViceFanMan you're a serious detective. frankly but really frankly i would have bet that question would have stayed a mystery forever. I mean we searched so long, so hard for that thing. Congratulation. So Dwarf Farkward was right

Lol, I try to be a serious detective when able. I would’ve thought this might have remained a mystery as well, but in today’s world with the Internet I guess anything is possible. ;) So, Ortega has been identified, the Pilot dancer has been identified...now we need to find out who Manny, Izzy’s driver, was! :baby: 

• Like 1